Sign in to follow this  
Luda

Lana Receives 5 UK Music Video Awards Nominations

Congratulations!

The nominees for the 5th annual UK Music Video Awards – aka the MVA’s - celebrating creative excellence in British and international music videos, have today been announced.

M.I.A, Justice, The Shoes, Lana Del Rey, Jay-Z and Kanye West, The Maccabees, Calvin Harris, Rita Ora, Paloma Faith, Delta Heavy and David Guetta are among the range of artists who have been recognised in the nominations for the UK Music Video Awards 2012, announced today.

M.I.A’s Bad Girls and Justice’s New Lands have picked up the most nominations this year with 5 each. Overall, Justice, who are signed to Ed Banger, have received the most, with 7 nominations across New Lands, On ‘n’ On and Audio Video Disco. Another notable nominee is The Shoes with their Time To Dance video, which features Jake Gyllenhaal and was directed by previous Best Director winner Daniel Wolfe; it has received 4 nominations.

Lana del Rey dominates the Best Pop International category with videos for Blue Jeans, National Anthem and Born To Die; she has received 5 nominations overall.

Infectious Records have made their mark on the nominations list with two Alt-J nominations for Tessellate and Breezeblocks and one for the Temper Trap’s Trembling Hands. Another label to have received multiple nominations is Ram Records, who have won 3 for their Delta Heavy videos for Get By and Hold Me.

Last year’s Video of the Year directors Daniels dominate the Indie Rock International category with 3 videos – Foster the People’s Houdini, Tenacious D’s Rize of the Fenix and The Shins’ Simple Song.

Other directors spotlighted by the Awards this year include Romain Gavras’ videos for M.I.A (Bad Girls) and Jay-Z & Kanye West (No Church in the Wild), both of which have picked up multiple nominations and Yoann Lemoine’s Woodkid (Run Boy Run) and Lana del Rey (Blue Jeans, Born to Die) videos. Both directors are up for the Best Director award.

The UK Music Video Awards 2012 ceremony will take place at The Empire, Leicester Square in London’s West End, on 8th November.

I live in the UK and I've never heard of this award ceremony before, is that bad? Anyway, this is so good! I hope she wins one :)

Best Pop Video – International:

• Justice – On ‘n On
  • Lana Del Rey – Blue Jeans
  • Lana Del Rey – Born to Die
  • Lana Del Rey – National Anthem
  • Maia Vidal – Follow Me
  • Rihanna ft Calvin Harris – We Found Love

Best Cinematography In A Video:

• Feist – The Bad In Each Other
  • James Blake – A Case Of You
  • Jay-Z & Kanye West – No Church In The Wild
  • Lana Del Rey – Blue Jeans