Sign in to follow this  
Beautiful Loser

Traditional LDR fan art by Clampigirl

I've been working on this for (lemme check) ~5 hours today and I'm pretty proud of it. Will probably continue and finish it tomorrow. :)

WIP (work in progress)

MfWQvbI.jpg

N39voNW.jpg

okay first of all, i'm gonna need to know how you did the hair lines so realistically because this is bomb

insanity laughs under pressure -- we're cracking

okay first of all, i'm gonna need to know how you did the hair lines so realistically because this is bomb

Grab the finest liner you have, make some light strokes aaaaand hope for the best, lol. :P More lines = darker hair. Add some wispy lines around the edges and you make her hair look less neat. Takes a lot of time but it’s worth it. :3

Thank you! :spin:

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

Grab the finest liner you have, make some light strokes aaaaand hope for the best, lol. :P More lines = darker hair. Add some wispy lines around the edges and you make her hair look less neat. Takes a lot of time but it’s worth it. :3

Thank you! :spin:

that makes sense, so you like draw some short lines and make them go in the same formation right? i'm trying to learn how to do it because i somehow created a style where i draw the hairlines cartoonly or like long lines (if that makes sense) haha i'm trying to teach myself how to draw more realistically so thank you!

insanity laughs under pressure -- we're cracking

that makes sense, so you like draw some short lines and make them go in the same formation right? i'm trying to learn how to do it because i somehow created a style where i draw the hairlines cartoonly or like long lines (if that makes sense) haha i'm trying to teach myself how to draw more realistically so thank you!

Hair can look so different depending on how you do it! If you go back a few pages, you’ll see two drawings where I’ve drawn her hair in a less realistic way. :)

Yes, keep in mind how the hair lays - is it long and soft like Lana’s or shorter like the cat’s? Which direction is it going? I honestly just tried my best with the cat, I’ve never really drawn fur before. The picture you quoted is based on a photograph so it made it easier for me to see where her hair shines and where the shadows should be. :)

Good luck!!

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

Spent all day coloring this with my minimal knowledge of Photoshop - she's so cute!! :flutter:

vtplfg7.jpg

Edit: crap, I notice some mistakes in this version - I’ll fix it tomorrow, it’s late now. :facepalm:

Edit 2: Fixed!

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

Spent all day coloring this with my minimal knowledge of Photoshop - she's so cute!! :flutter:

N5fiuTD.jpg

Oooooh I LOVE it!!!

Hell, I Suppose if You Stick Around Long Enough, They Have to Say Something Nice About You

Ultraviolence Lana! Sorry if the image is too large. Maybe I can take a better picture tomorrow when I can use daylight and now a desk lamp, the black looks a bit... off. But I'm probably too lazy for that lol.

ymeW5id.jpg

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

Lovely as always :defeated:

Thank you!! :krylie:

It's amazing, please use watercolors more often

Okie dokie, I’ll make sure to sketch next time then. :heart: I’m so used to only use pencils and fine liner pens so I hope it will turn out ok... Keep your eyes open and it might be up next time I update this thread. ^^

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

Just sketched down a very vague idea that Cherry Blossom gave me. I might turn it into some kind of cover art and maybe color it with water colors or something, we’ll see. I want it from a lower view so you will only see the child's feet, the swing and the mother's skirt, with cherry blossom petals in the air. I chose to give the child shorts so it can be gender neutral.
Edit: I sketched another doodle, it’s more like how I envision it.

GzBFmro.jpg

7akVH9F.jpg

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

Just sketched down a very vague idea that Cherry Blossom gave me. I might turn it into some kind of cover art and maybe color it with water colors or something, we’ll see. I want it from a lower view so you will only see the child's feet, the swing and the mother's skirt, with cherry blossom petals in the air. I chose to give the child shorts so it can be gender neutral.

GzBFmro.jpg

This concept is cute af, please keep going :defeated:

8nl2OpX.png

This concept is cute af, please keep going :defeated:

Thank you, I really wanna make it too! I'm currently working on another fan art so I'll probably make sure I finish that one first, but, yeah, I wanna try this! :heart:

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

I feel like I’m asking everybody at once, but please tell me if the hands are looking alright to you because I can’t tell, I feel like they’re too large but I’m tired of fixing them because they never look good enough and I suck at drawing hands as you can see, fingers too. Please don’t be harsh, I know her face isn’t perfect either with the way she tilts it backwards in Nodland’s photo and the hair and glasses aren’t 100% the same either but I don’t aim for them to be, I’m working on it, it’s not done yet as you can see, but like, please let me know your opinion of the hands because I’m planning on putting this on the back of a jacket and I want it to look as good as I possibly can before doing it. ( ; - ; )

7c8FXmp.jpg

Edit: oh shit, it's so large, I'm sorry ;-;

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

I feel like I’m asking everybody at once, but please tell me if the hands are looking alright to you because I can’t tell, I feel like they’re too large but I’m tired of fixing them because they never look good enough and I suck at drawing hands as you can see, fingers too. Please don’t be harsh, I know her face isn’t perfect either with the way she tilts it backwards in Nodland’s photo and the hair and glasses aren’t 100% the same either but I don’t aim for them to be, I’m working on it, it’s not done yet as you can see, but like, please let me know your opinion of the hands because I’m planning on putting this on the back of a jacket and I want it to look as good as I possibly can before doing it. ( ; - ; )

7c8FXmp.jpg

dit: oh shit, it's so large, I'm sorry ;-;

they look perfect!!!!!!! i like it as a whole, you just need to keep working on it, i mean, finish it! once it's finished you'll see. it's so cool, really. love the way it looks like her but it's not 100% realistic, it makes it unique. love it so so much. reminds me a bit of lucas david and i ADORE him.

come to my house let's die together, friendships that would last forever

they look perfect!!!!!!! i like it as a whole, you just need to keep working on it, i mean, finish it! once it's finished you'll see. it's so cool, really. love the way it looks like her but it's not 100% realistic, it makes it unique. love it so so much. reminds me a bit of lucas david and i ADORE him.

Omg thank you so much! (   ;  - ; ) ♥ I need to google up Lucas David, gimme a minute...

... Oh it's THAT guy, omg, yes, he's so talented at making Lana seem so much more creepy and spooky, haha, I like him too! ♥

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

7c8FXmp.jpg

Edit: oh shit, it's so large, I'm sorry ;-;

It looks great, it’s perfect!!! Your style is so cool!! And the hands are awesome, hands are always so fucking hard to draw but you nailed it!!!

Hell, I Suppose if You Stick Around Long Enough, They Have to Say Something Nice About You