Elle

Interview with MTV - Next Music Video, Tour, & ‘Cola’

Looks like Cherry's going to the next video, she said she's going to do it independantly with Chuck in the EMA interview, this should be interesting.

ooo lana directing sounds interesting, im sure its going to be better than anything she's done with rich lee

ooo lana directing sounds interesting, im sure its going to be better than anything she's done with rich lee

by directing don't expect anything high budget, it'll probably be another UV, PWYC, VG, CARMEN, n BJ type ordeal

I think the fact that she wrote Cola 4+ years ago almost makes her feel worse? Because that was when Harvey was doing this gross shit and either she was oblivious or made herself believe it was okay because everyone else made it seem like a normal thing he did. We now know that so many women tried to come forward in the past 10, 20, whatever number of years and no one would listen. I think we can all tell that she has become a much more sympathetic/empathetic person with many of LFL's songs being about current topics that affect everyone in this country/world, not just her personal relationships/feelings. I think she feels bad for glamorizing something that caused so many so much pain. In comparison to her songs about the abuse she personally experienced, those songs were for her to work through those times and gain better understanding. Cola is completely different from those songs.

You know when you wrote shit in a journal like 4 years ago and then you go back and read it and it has a much different meaning now? I think that's Cola for her and that's why she pulled it. I mean I'm sure she also knew people would give her shit for it, but I think equally as much its meaning just changed for her.

I think also she's understanding that her music does have an affect on the world and on her fans. Like with her deleting all her instas/tweets, and also just with the fact that she's said so many times that LFL was not only for her but for her fans too. She's becoming more aware and more vocal and I'm honestly proud of her for feeling more comfortable to speak up about the things she cares about. If anything, I think that's also part her "fuck what you think, I'm going to do what I think is right/what I believe in" attitude.

A lot of these women that came forward after 10-15-20 years had many chances in the past to TRY and come forward.In fact a lot of them accepted payments and settlements. How come and they were totally fine to accept money at first place? Even one of them after the alleged rape,she got into a personal relationship with him and was getting money,gifts etc too.Great logic, she claims she got raped and next she dates her rapist? Very fishy.

While there is no doubt that Harvey did a lot of shit to many women, there is also a very large number of women that exaggerated/lied for their benefit.

It's not about being more sympathetic or not, she has always cared and being sympathetic towards every situation. Why would she feel bad for "glamorizing" something that caused pain?The manson murders didn't cause any pain? Because she sings about those in heroin. The jonestown massacre didn't cause any pain? Because she used that too for Freak last year.Pedophilia,domestic violence etc don't cause pain?Because she sings about those too.She performed Lolita too. Of course Lana does care and always cared for every situation and for what people think but she is not being politically correct.

There is no difference between all those horrible events,they are all horrible crimes.The murders,massacre,violence,pedo, and the harvey case.

"I think also she's understanding that her music does have an affect on the world and on her fans."

Oh? Is that why she is glamorizing murders?the massacres?violence?pedophilia? You make no sense, if that was the case then Lana wouldn't sing about any of those.

"Like with her deleting all her instas/tweets, and also just with the fact that she's said so many times that LFL was not only for her but for her fans too."

Actually she restored most of her old ig posts and she sings the UV line again.So the above doesn't apply either.

I think its wrong to cherry pick and try to compare those cases because they are not even different.They are all horrible cases that did/still do cause pain.If Lana is about to start censoring herself and retire cola then she should retire her other songs too.

The only reason she retired Cola is just to save her career and avoid people attacking her.

:woot: giphy.gif :woot:

I’m here for chuck helping a sista out. Lana is most comfortable around her and I’m sure the video will be beautiful ❤️

P.S.

I forgive lizzybeth for picking the least iconic song “cherry” even though she should’ve picked “get free”.

chosing to retire a career defining masterpiece after being controversial for so long? stupid idea.

a video for get free despite it making a cameo in the [poorly put together] white mustang video? also a stupid idea.

if cherry is the only video we have the potential of getting and it features her horrible back up dancers, then wake me up again when she starts teasing the next record BYE 5a00a1d7c8b53_DEMIWALKSMALGIF.thumb.gif.

true but some of her self-directed videos have more charm than the high budget ones

I.E. Honeymoon video, whihc remains to this day, her most slept on video because it was robbed.

Looks like Cherry's going to the next video, she said she's going to do it independantly with Chuck in the EMA interview, this should be interesting.

even more dissapointing. she has the moeny to go big budget so why would she be dumb like this? 

chosing to retire a career defining masterpiece after being controversial for so long? stupid idea.

a video for get free despite it making a cameo in the [poorly put together] white mustang video? also a stupid idea.

if cherry is the only video we have the potential of getting and it features her horrible back up dancers, then wake me up again when she starts teasing the next record BYE 5a00a1d7c8b53_DEMIWALKSMALGIF.thumb.gif.

I.E. Honeymoon video, whihc remains to this day, her most slept on video because it was robbed.

even more dissapointing. she has the moeny to go big budget so why would she be dumb like this? 

She said the directors she was working with didn't like her ideas.  also why would anyone pay a high budget if they can't even have their own visual canvas and ideas on their own video...

i will love you until the end of time.

She said the directors she was working with didn't like her ideas.  also why would anyone pay a high budget if they can't even have their own visual canvas and ideas on their own video...

She said the directors she was working with didn't like her ideas.

quick fix : work with new directors ???

quick fix : work with new directors ???

I feel what your saying, but at the same time who knows if she did try that. Maybe she got tired of people telling her what she can and can't do with her music so she decided to do her own thing.

tumblr_lyf35aOQ2W1qzcqino1_500.gif

I feel what your saying, but at the same time who knows if she did try that. Maybe she got tired of people telling her what she can and can't do with her music so she decided to do her own thing.

that's literally impossible regarding all the things she has said about her work and freedom

i will love you until the end of time.