Sign in to follow this  
GeoDelRey

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Charts & Sales

Hey everyone. How do you guys think NFR will do on the US Charts? Based on the (lack of) success of VB and MAC (MAC did 13k pure in 9 days compared to Love’s 45k in 6 days), I’m kind of afraid... Thoughts?

Considering she did like zero promo for those songs, she'll be fine. The good reviews and promo by the label next year will keep her good sales.

giphy.gif

I can't believe there's something left in my chest anymore 

I'm predicting top 5, most likely #3 or #2. At this point it's difficult to predict cos we don't know what promotion is planned, but I'm expecting this era to be like Honeymoon (which debuted at #2).

A number 1 album could be possible if she goes all out with the merch and signed copies etc like Lust For Life.

Well it depends, based on how well her next few singles are promoted and if they're commercial or not, it could flop or perform like LFL. I feel like venice bitch and MAC were just buzz singles/end of summer jams like she said, and we'll get a proper lead with maybe a more commercial sound and minor Love level promo in the coming months. This might let the casual fans tune in and know that an album is on the way. But if we get more singles with non-existent promo, it might perform worse than Honeymoon. I feel like Interscope will probably not let this happen, but you never know!

lana-del-rey-just-for-life-anatomy-nss-m

this

but she will be wise to releasr it outside of comoetition and get #1

trouble is, the rappers surprise drop a mix tape which is beyond the control as is the possibility of some other singer dying or some controversy from some other artist

It would be nice to have a 3rd #1 album but I figure #2 or #3 

and have a #1 alternative, #1 rock, and #1 at some point Vinyl 

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp