Andreu

Avicii posthumous album coming June

Avicii was working on some new songs before she passed away and he played a lot of songs live which as of now remain unreleased. On June an album full of unreleased material will be released, and the first song will be released next week.

https://djmag.com/news/posthumous-avicii-album-will-be-released-june

What are your thoughts on this? I personally I am very excited to hear it and I feel like it's very different than Michael Jackson's Xscape, for example, because the Avicii tracks are songs he intended to releases, not rejected demos that got reworked. Praying one of the songs on the album is Our Love.

I'm very excited about this too! I miss his music, so it would be nice to hear what he was working on before he sadly passed. RIP :(

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

ive been tihnking of this for a while and recently now. His technical last release was a Lonely Together remix EP in Nov. 2017 so new music will be welcomed by many . cant wait

too me it always looked bad when record/lable releases an album of a dead person.

but also woop woop!

But this is different because he was planning on releasing these songs/this album, so it's not the same situation as other dead musicians' posthumous works

idk maybe I am selfish and I only want to her new music by him one last time  :( besides my bet it's that it will be most of the songs we already have in LQ  because he played them live in 2016.

ive been tihnking of this for a while and recently now. His technical last release was a Lonely Together remix EP in Nov. 2017 so new music will be welcomed by many . cant wait

I think we shouldn't count a remix EP  :derpna2:  so I would say his last release was the Avici01 EP on August 2017

like...how did we get from the slapping bops of AVICI 01 to...these. Like, they're getting duller and duller with every release?

if that's the case they can keep it. Wasn't the EP supposed to be a 1/3 of the album?

like...how did we get from the slapping bops of AVICI 01 to...these. Like, they're getting duller and duller with every release?

if that's the case they can keep it. Wasn't the EP supposed to be a 1/3 of the album?

This opinion is so wrong sksksks

1. They're not getting duller. I agree than SOS didnt sound totally finished but Tough Love sounds very solid. Maybe you dont like the sound of it but it sounds great.

2. Yes, at some point it was supposed to be a part of the album but also we were suppposed to get the 2016 UMF IDs with Sandro Cavazza and they wont be on the album