Sign in to follow this  
Ultra Violet

Song history game

Ain't your mama by JLo :diva:

It was 2016 and it dropped as I was graduating at 19, just enjoying life and what was ahead of me, and I just unapologetically associate I Ain't Your Mama that period. I still blast it on speakers from time to time to bring endorphins.

H

butterflies-gif-2.giflana-dancing-smaller.gif

Hollywood by Lady Gaga

It was one of the first unreleased songs I heard by Gaga. At the time, I was at a friend's house & the only internet available was dial up. We hadn't looked up her unreleased songs before but decided to give them a shot. After like 2 hours of waiting for the download to finish, we heard the Red & Blue ep, which had Hollywood as the last song. It was such a great experience.  :flutter:

N

9a32008aa9568555201e3b88bceeef59.jpg

Naked as a Hand by Nostalghia

Been listening since 2014 when I discovered her. It's a beautiful cinematic song. Reminds me of the essence of Lana's music a lot. The lyrics are so intense, it kinda makes me cry but fills me with love too. When I listen to it, I think of train rides, spring flowers and white clouds.

L

love ridden - fiona apple

one of the most underrated songs from this album, if not the singular most underrated. it reminds me of this past winter when i was super depressed and listening to it on repeat while walking my friend's dog around a frozen bog, and it honestly really sustained me through some shitty times

x

it's just the way i feel

Literally don't have a single song starting with X so I have to choose a song by the music group XXYYXX

Alone (XXYYXX)

A trippy song I found in 2014/15? When I was looking up the best songs to listen to while high lol. It's good background music for art and just chilling out, so I only ever listen to it for that. Tbh when I'm not in a stable mood it trips me out and makes me feel uneasy so I haven't actually heard the song in a while.

G

i always get so emo in this thread...and this is gonna be no exception lmao

good enough - sarah mclachlan

i LOVE this album with my whole heart and soul and this is one of my favorite songs from it! i always envisioned it as the last song of the night in a bar/cafe, with her still singing as the employees clean up the tables and close up shop; it has this drowsy smoky late-night feel i can't get enough of. i love the lyrics and the idea of her singing to someone else about their own love life. it reminds me of driving home late at night when i was maybe 10 or 11, falling halfway asleep in the car and not being totally sure what was a dream and what was reality

next letter: p

it's just the way i feel

Pink Skinned Reptilian - Nostalghia

Also called Sharks (Poetry 2). Literally the darkest song I know. I listened to it A LOT when I was going through my darkest times and it comforted me to know that others had such intense thoughts too. Her singing is so raw in this song and it's kind of mixed with talking for most of it until the end where her vocals are just tearing down walls, then fades out beautifully. I don't even know if I'll find a song so dark again :defeated: only by Nostalghia I guess

Next letter: L

Pink Skinned Reptilian - Nostalghia

Also called Sharks (Poetry 2). Literally the darkest song I know. I listened to it A LOT when I was going through my darkest times and it comforted me to know that others had such intense thoughts too. Her singing is so raw in this song and it's kind of mixed with talking for most of it until the end where her vocals are just tearing down walls, then fades out beautifully. I don't even know if I'll find a song so dark again :defeated: only by Nostalghia I guess

Next letter: L

This isn’t related to the thread, but where would I find the song? I’m a budding fan of hers and couldn’t find it!

Hell, I Suppose if You Stick Around Long Enough, They Have to Say Something Nice About You

This isn’t related to the thread, but where would I find the song? I’m a budding fan of hers and couldn’t find it!

It was just uploaded to YouTube and never put on Spotify so I don't blame you!

https://youtu.be/Jzqa9_Y3O8A

She has a Part 1 for the poetry called The Fallen Pillar but it's without music so not so much a song. Still an amazing poem and also just as dark.

It was just uploaded to YouTube and never put on Spotify so I don't blame you!https://youtu.be/Jzqa9_Y3O8A

She has a Part 1 for the poetry called The Fallen Pillar but it's without music so not so much a song. Still an amazing poem and also just as dark.

Thank you!

Hell, I Suppose if You Stick Around Long Enough, They Have to Say Something Nice About You

I should probably respond to the question too lmao:

Love- Lana Del Rey

My absolute favorite song by Lana, it’s so magical and it’s the song that turned me into a fan. I remember a warm day the summer after it came out, playing it for my grandparents on my back deck. It’s such a special, magical song and I’ll always love it so, so much

Next letter: F

Next letter: F

Feel Good Inc - Gorillaz

I never got into music but a friend of mine linked it on her status and I fell in love with Gorillaz and actually started to give a shit about music

Next letter: J

CAUSE BACK IN SCHOOL

WE ARE THE LEADERS OF IT ALL

jealous sea - meg myers

this is the song that first got me into meg myers' music, when i heard it in her tiny desk concert. i don't have a ton of history with it because i only discovered her a few months ago, but i remember sitting alone in the car in a parking lot on a sunny afternoon, really pissed off for some reason that i don't remember, and listening to it on loop which was pretty cathartic for my rage lol

next letter: y

it's just the way i feel

You Should Know Where I'm Coming From - BANKS

I love the progression of this song by the last chorus and her vocals are so on point. I only really got into it last year when I finally got through all of her album Goddess. I like that I can actually sing it okay too, just nowhere near as powerful. Maybe one day I'll cover it and add cinematic strings.

Next letter: U

unbearably white - vampire weekend

i'm obsessed with this whole album and this is one of my favorites; it was far and away my favorite of the 6 singles that came out beforehand. i always play it when i'm in my grandma's car because she loves it for some reason (so do i) and it's kind of adorable

also the title is what i call myself at the beach

next letter: g

it's just the way i feel

Ginger Snaps Theme Song - Michael Shields

From one of my favourite movies! Imediately makes me think of my teen years, winter, fascination for death and blood (themes in the movie). It's amazing. I discovered it when I was 13 and I have even uploaded the song to youtube which has 169k views haha.

Next letter:

v

sullen girl - fiona apple

there’s like 4 songs on this album that start with s and the only question was which of those 4 songs i’d pick. i won’t go into a ton of detail because it’s a game thread not movebaby’s Emo Bitch Hours (though i bring Emo Bitch Hours everywhere i go so i guess it’s a fine line), but i...relate to the lyrics a little too much. also the instrumental section is so gorgeous and rips my heart out a little

next letter: n

it's just the way i feel

Nikes - Frank Ocean

My surgeon played music while the team was waiting for me to get knocked out when I went for surgery so now whenever I listen to that song I get sent back to a super white room and it's such a trippy experience. It's the opener to one of the best albums of the decade too so that's another reason why it's iconic. Frank come back bro

Next Letter: W

CAUSE BACK IN SCHOOL

WE ARE THE LEADERS OF IT ALL

Wet Cigarette by Mars Argo

The second song that I heard of their her music. I love it and need to marathon all her songs again. I only discovered her last year right before the court case went public, as people were doing the #wheresmarsargo trend. Wet Cigarette has gotta be my second fave of hers.

Next Letter:

H