Beautiful Loser

Inhaler

Sooo… The show was great! The lighting was better than when I saw them for the first time, and I like the echo effects they’ve implemented for Eli’s voice on certain songs.  When I saw them earlier this year as openers for Arctic Monkeys, the huge arena felt a bit large for them, that they still need some experience to learn how to use a stage that big. I’m sure they’ll get there one day! Because their songs definitely fit bigger venues.

However, the crowd just felt… dead to me. Or not dead, people were clearly excited and happy to be there, but it seemed more important to capture every moment on their phones. And don’t get me wrong, I record videos too, but never full songs and never every single one on the set list either. Very, very few joined clapping to the songs, even fewer raised their arms to bop along and not that many even jumped along. I honestly felt sorry for Inhaler, and the opening act, Nieve Ella. I felt awkward at times for enjoying myself. This is the first time I’ve seen how phones really can kill a concert. Maybe I was the only one who was saddened by it. Maybe it was better in the back, but I doubt it. Maybe it’s because the venue was fairly small and us Scandinavians aren’t known for being outgoing and loud at concerts.

I was surprised that they came back for an encore after a few minutes of us cheering them to enter the stage again, but I’m glad they did! A second play of Just to keep you satisfied and the night’s only performance of My honest face (I didn’t realize until then that they had left one of their best songs for the encore!! Insane!).

No setlists were given out afterwards, unfortunately. But I was happy to see the same girl at the merch booth as my first Inhaler show! She confirmed she’s been their merch lady for a while now.

Show was great, the crowd wasn’t it in my opinion. Hopefully it’ll be better next time, if there’ll be a next time!

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png