Sign in to follow this  
West Coast

The Soundtrack Thread

On 11/5/2020 at 6:51 PM, Ultra Violet said:

The Rains of Castamere from Game of Thrones came on shuffle and I got chills. Not GOOD chills either, because it made me think of the US election.....

:sadcore3:οΏΌ

Β 

Literal chills every single time.Β 

Β 

GOT soundtrack really is perfection

Β 

idk if gameΒ soundtracks counts but this one... makes me wanna cry remembering my childhood. anything that reminds my childhood makes me so emotional

this entire soundtrack holds a special place in my heart since I was 8Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

1.jpgΒ  3.jpgΒ Β 2.jpgΒ 

I have a thing for Bond themes. JohnΒ Barry did amazing work in the earlier films!Β :wub:

Β 

The infamous James Bond theme.

Β 

Goldfingerrrr. Shirley Bassey is a national treasure, she has the range!

Β 

Probably my favourite Bond themeΒ ever. Love that 60s orchestral lush production!

Fun fact: Nancy Sinatra was actually really nervous to record this song, so much so that apparently the final song was made out of 20+ different vocal takesΒ put together. There is alsoΒ an alternative versionΒ that existsΒ that she later released.

Β 

Not the official theme to 'Her Majesty's Secret Service', but this Louis Armstrong song, again, is just pure 60s lushness.

Β 

Another Shirley Bassey masterpiece from the eponymously named movie.Β Men are mere mortals who are not worth going to your grave for!Β Feminist icon before her time.

Β 

Live and Let Die is pretty damn good too!

Β 

Another one of my very favourite bond themes.Β :wub:

Β 

Adele did amazing with her Bond theme, it's reminiscent of all those epic songs that came before--the Barry influences are strong here. I love the "You may have my number, you can take my name, but you'll never have my heeeeart!". Epic.

Β 

Since everyone is talking about that damn monolith, it got me thinking of this.

Β 

Though the songΒ literally came out a hundred years prior to the movie, I love Kubrick's user of 'The Blue Danube, in '2001:Β A Space Odyssey'. This scene is nothing short of spectacular. SoΒ serene.

Β 

This one is as equally epic.

Β 

Never seen 'Midnight Express', but my dad loves early 80s synth music. So there goes the king, Giorgio Moroder.

Β 

Β