TrailerParkDarling

Sky Ferreira

5 minutes ago, sophiesmom said:

she's still going at it on the comment section: "I would like to see how my label promoted the single? I literally had to create the promo photos out of screenshots bc no one bothered to do anything. They wouldn’t give me a plan beyond the first day of the release. I asked for one since January 2022. I was forced & pressured to do multiple things that is their (multiple) jobs/what people get paid for. I had to focus on my tour at some point. They didn’t want me to do interviews for my first pop song in years or have anything set up beyond putting it on streaming. Literally. It’s not my job to get people to work for free despite it being a major label."

what does this have to do with getting out of the contract Sky? hire a fucking lawyer and stop blaming Capitol.

7 minutes ago, sophiesmom said:

she's still going at it on the comment section: "I would like to see how my label promoted the single? I literally had to create the promo photos out of screenshots bc no one bothered to do anything. They wouldn’t give me a plan beyond the first day of the release. I asked for one since January 2022. I was forced & pressured to do multiple things that is their (multiple) jobs/what people get paid for. I had to focus on my tour at some point. They didn’t want me to do interviews for my first pop song in years or have anything set up beyond putting it on streaming. Literally. It’s not my job to get people to work for free despite it being a major label."

i really don’t want to come off as a chronic sky hater in here because i do appreciate her as an artist, so in the nicest way possible—atp if she wants the music to come out i kind of think she has to suck it up. yes it’s unfortunate that her major label is making her do that, and have made her do that in the past, but every independent artist does the sameeee thing, and even they can still get music videos to come out. yes her circumstances are disappointing, but they’re not so different from millions of other artists who work just as hard. it’s a fucked up and sacrificial industry and career path, it always has been

it’s just annoying, because sky loves to use the “i’m basically independent” excuse as to why things don’t get done, but then likes to pull “i’m signed to a major label and they’re not doing their jobs” excuse as well. indie artists do exactly what she just described and a lot more.

i’m not trying to criticize her passion, i’m not trying to aggressively come at her for something so personal, but part of me wonders how much she actually does care about the music and want it to come out. because if you love art so much, you make the sacrifices and put in the extra work to make what is able to happen, happen. and yes the label blocks things and there’s a lot out of her control, but even just putting out the music video isn’t something Capitol was trying to stop.

We, as a society of gay men, should've realized already that putting the whole blame in the label is stupid... like okay whatever you're telling me they'd waste money on years and years of sessions and not let her release music? She's probably as insufferable to them as they're to her.

Just now, Nikki Lane said:

She's probably as insufferable to them as they're to her.

:rip:

2 minutes ago, lilac heaven said:

i’m not trying to criticize her passion, i’m not trying to aggressively come at her for something so personal, but part of me wonders how much she actually does care about the music and want it to come out. because if you love art so much, you make the sacrifices and put in the extra work to make what is able to happen, happen. and yes the label blocks things and there’s a lot out of her control, but even just putting out the music video isn’t something Capitol was trying to stop.

Can you comment this as a reply to her recent comments 

1 minute ago, melodrama said:

Can you comment this as a reply to her recent comments 

nooo people are being mean enough I don’t want to make it worse for her 😭 just a thought though. but i don’t think hundreds of people attacking her in her instagram comments is necessary or is going to change anything for the better

Just now, lilac heaven said:

nooo people are being mean enough I don’t want to make it worse for her 😭 just a thought though. but i don’t think hundreds of people attacking her in her instagram comments is necessary or is going to change anything for the better

mean comments are the only ones that are getting her to reply tho 

(but i absolutely understand what you're saying, there's no need to be aggressive or mean towards her)

2 minutes ago, lilac heaven said:

The thing is, us, the gays here, actually make the most logical and senseful comments, but the ones in IG doesn't say anything other than “support our petition sign this!! free her!!”. I don't know if she's browsing this thread but the things people write here might actually be more helpful for her than the IG comments lmao. 

Sky's no innocent but lol Capitol do hate her bc any normal label would see that and just stole her hard drive to release on their own, like RCA did to SZA, but they just keep Sky there, frozen in time

Janelle Monáe • Sky Ferreira • Grace Jones • Spellling • FKA twigs • Kate Bush • Kylie Minogue • Charli XCX • Carly Rae Jepsen • LOOΠ∆ • Red Velvet • Janet Jackson 

2 minutes ago, sophiesmom said:

mean comments are the only ones that are getting her to reply tho 

(but i absolutely understand what you're saying, there's no need to be aggressive or mean towards her)

and it’s just like, people have been nasty in her comments for 8 years now. it hasn’t changed anything, the only thing accomplished by doing that is putting out unnecessary hate in the world to her face, at least here it can spark some interesting discussions

18 minutes ago, melodrama said:

tpInE7s.jpg

this is such a lie.. "being silenced is complicated" girl the only thing you talk about is your label being the issue are you silenced or are you lazy come on

the last rancid girl in a rancid world

tumblr_o12wrv5btd1qj2b14o1_500.gif

and i don't seem to mind

1 minute ago, KimKaDAB said:

Sky's no innocent but lol Capitol do hate her bc any normal label would see that and just stole her hard drive to release on their own, like RCA did to SZA, but they just keep Sky there, frozen in time

and what exactly is Sky doing to remove herself from that situation or relationship? nothing!

omg wait is her pfp on insta a clip from that one movie she was in... she served

the last rancid girl in a rancid world

tumblr_o12wrv5btd1qj2b14o1_500.gif

and i don't seem to mind

1 minute ago, rancidgirl said:

this is such a lie.. "being silenced is complicated" girl the only thing you talk about is your label being the issue are you silenced or are you lazy come on

Get her ass... I think she's lazy because if she wanted she could get out of this contract that's "silencing" her and just do whatever but no she's been complaining for almost what 7 years?