TrailerParkDarling

Sky Ferreira

1 hour ago, The Love Witch said:

It did age a little but overall it still didn't age nearly as much as Lorde's album.

BTD was meant to have a bit of a hip hop vibe. It's clearly not supposed to be as organic as Ultraviolence but it's a cohesive yet varied sounding album. The fact she even bothered to tie songs from entirely different recording sessions together through Emile's cinematic, yet modern production is the reason she is still here.

I agree the album is overplayed at this point but saying that it aged like milk is just not true.

I love hip hop beats which is why portishead are one of my favourite bands but listen to the strings in the title track-they just sound fake and none of the beats hit right. 

i don’t think I’m the only one who feels like this either- I wish she would remake it and just alter these details-cutting out some of the background Rick James screams and putting some harder beats and real strings on would make the album 100% better.

I think she kind of made her BTD with honeymoon though I guess.

Let's be honest with ourselves, True Romance IS the best Tumblr debut

No one else delivered Nuclear Seasons, Grins, Black Roses or any other song

Janelle Monáe • Sky Ferreira • Grace Jones • Spellling • FKA twigs • Kate Bush • Kylie Minogue • Charli XCX • Carly Rae Jepsen • LOOΠ∆ • Red Velvet • Janet Jackson 

6 minutes ago, KimKaDAB said:

Let's be honest with ourselves, True Romance IS the best Tumblr debut

No one else delivered Nuclear Seasons, Grins, Black Roses or any other song

Depends who we’re ranking-with Lana I’d be on the fence if we’re talking AKA.

Regarding debuts in 2013- 

Id place it Charli, Lorde then Sky

But Ghost is miles better than the Love Club ep

18 minutes ago, Veinsineon said:

OMG eat soap

Im exaggerating, it’s still one of my favs but there were some interesting production choices… the ear bleeding title track string opening :burn: could they have not double layered two different set of strings?

All that promo for nothing...

Maybe in 2024

Janelle Monáe • Sky Ferreira • Grace Jones • Spellling • FKA twigs • Kate Bush • Kylie Minogue • Charli XCX • Carly Rae Jepsen • LOOΠ∆ • Red Velvet • Janet Jackson 

4 hours ago, evalionisameme said:

Im exaggerating, it’s still one of my favs but there were some interesting production choices… the ear bleeding title track string opening :burn: could they have not double layered two different set of strings?

Are you sure you haven’t been listening to a damaged copy or a karaoke remake version of the album?

I literally don’t hear any of the stuff you’re criticizing. Born to Die probably has the most elaborate production of all of her albums.

48 minutes ago, The Love Witch said:

Are you sure you haven’t been listening to a damaged copy or a karaoke remake version of the album?

I literally don’t hear any of the stuff you’re criticizing. Born to Die probably has the most elaborate production of all of her albums.

It might be my mental state tbh lol- I’m very noise sensitive so on a lot of songs I hear “HEy HEY HEY” and screaming kids in the background-it sets me off.

I’ll have to give another listen sometime soon.