Super Movie

Super Movie's Concept Albums

I made a status about this, but I decided I'm gonna share some Lana concept albums that I've been putting together lately. My main focus is the tracklisting and making it cohesive/like an actual album, so if you judge any of my cover arts, I will simply pretend you didn't :yesnod: They function like an album, but also like a playlist if you ever wanna take a listen for yourself 

Here's the first one that I'll share which also happens to be my favorite that I've done so far: Teenage Wasteland

TC2HDtZ.jpg

Tracklist:

1. Prom Song (Gone Wrong) 

2. Take Me To Paris

3. Television Heaven 

4. Puppy Love (Marilyn Monroe)

5. BBM Baby

6. Queen of Disaster

7. Dreamgirl

8. Hey Lolita Hey

9. Resistance 

10. Diet Mountain Dew

11. Afraid

12. Last Girl On Earth

Note: the version of Diet Mountain Dew I'm using here is the third demo. 

That's all for now, excited to share some more of these soon :heart:

imageproxy.jpg

I'm back with another one :grinds: I actually somewhat shared this when UFB leaked, but here is Melancholia, inspired by those first UV songs 

9ubs03S.jpg

Tracklist:

1. I Talk To Jesus

2. Angels Forever, Forever Angels

3. Unidentified Flying Bill (with Barrie James)

4. If You Lie Down With Me

5. Your Girl

6. Living Legend

7. Nectar of the Gods

8. Cherry Blossom

9. Yes To Heaven

10. Fine China

11. Chelsea Hotel No. 2

12. Riverside (with Barrie James)

Notes: The version of ITTJ used is the superior one that uses actual instruments, and the version of YTH used is the "Honeymoon" version that leaked a while back. Also, I included If You Lie Down because it's from this time period and it honestly just sounds really good after UFB

imageproxy.jpg

5 minutes ago, Super Movie said:

I'm back with another one :grinds: I actually somewhat shared this when UFB leaked, but here is Melancholia, inspired by those first UV songs 

9ubs03S.jpg

Tracklist:

1. I Talk To Jesus

5. Your Girl

6. Living Legend

7. Nectar of the Gods

8. Cherry Blossom

9. Yes To Heaven

10. Fine China

11. Chelsea Hotel No. 2

Notes: The version of ITTJ used is the superior one that uses actual instruments, and the version of YTH used is the "Honeymoon" version that leaked a while back. Also, I included If You Lie Down because it's from this time period and it honestly just sounds really good after UFB

Such a perfect sound and vibe from her! I’m obsessed with all the 2013/2014 tracks, and all of these songs are flawless. The way you’ve curated and sequenced them is gorgeous :xcry:

Just now, IanadeIrey said:

Such a perfect sound and vibe from her! I’m obsessed with all the 2013/2014 tracks, and all of these songs are flawless. The way you’ve curated and sequenced them is gorgeous :xcry:

Thanks bestie :heart: I got super fixated on this era after UFB leaked and we found out there were gonna be 4 UV outtakes on BB. I think it was such a beautiful time in Lana's career for music, she created some of her best tracks then. 

imageproxy.jpg

Happy birthday, Paradise! I've always wished this project was a full length album rather than an EP, so here is that album in honor of Paradise turning 9 years old today

4NfsFQQ.jpg

JSV0ftC.jpg

Note: in this version, it was released in 2013 rather than 2012. I tried to Nicole Nodland that cover, but I'm not a very good editor when it comes to that stuff lol

imageproxy.jpg

On 11/3/2021 at 12:16 PM, Super Movie said:

I made a status about this, but I decided I'm gonna share some Lana concept albums that I've been putting together lately. My main focus is the tracklisting and making it cohesive/like an actual album, so if you judge any of my cover arts, I will simply pretend you didn't :yesnod: They function like an album, but also like a playlist if you ever wanna take a listen for yourself 

Here's the first one that I'll share which also happens to be my favorite that I've done so far: Teenage Wasteland

TC2HDtZ.jpg

Tracklist:

1. Prom Song (Gone Wrong) 

2. Take Me To Paris

3. Television Heaven 

4. Puppy Love (Marilyn Monroe)

5. BBM Baby

6. Queen of Disaster

7. Dreamgirl

8. Hey Lolita Hey

9. Resistance 

10. Diet Mountain Dew

11. Afraid

12. Last Girl On Earth

Note: the version of Diet Mountain Dew I'm using here is the third demo. 

That's all for now, excited to share some more of these soon :heart:

I love this!! I always thought Teenage Wasteland would work as a great album title 

On 11/6/2021 at 3:51 PM, Super Movie said:

9ubs03S.jpg

Tracklist:

1. I Talk To Jesus

5. Your Girl

6. Living Legend

7. Nectar of the Gods

8. Cherry Blossom

9. Yes To Heaven

10. Fine China

11. Chelsea Hotel No. 2

This makes me wish she released some type of B-Side to Ultraviolence! These songs were truly some of her best and I'm grateful a few made it on BB but they all deserve a spot on an album imo :flutter:

giphy.gif 

On 11/6/2021 at 7:51 PM, Super Movie said:

9ubs03S.jpg

Tracklist:

1. I Talk To Jesus

5. Your Girl

6. Living Legend

7. Nectar of the Gods

8. Cherry Blossom

9. Yes To Heaven

10. Fine China

11. Chelsea Hotel No. 2

THIS IS SO FIERCE

so many songs from this time period are better than some of the songs she’s released since then and it really annoys me that they didn’t get an official release. i wish she had released another record after ultraviolence, or paradise editioned it to be honest. but the small gap between uv and honeymoon makes it understandable as to why she didn’t :trisha:

tumblr_inline_nojcj6qe1j1s5i2my_400.gif gmgif.gif morrissey-flowers.gif

Here's the first concept album I made from late September (which is why I'm sharing them so close together, they've been made for a while lol): Vulgar Darling, inspired by Lana's pop girl era in 2010. There's actually a sister album to this that I'll share next time

IkIBmrz.jpg

dL63bja.jpg

Here's the tracklist written out since it's kind of hard to read:

Children of the Bad Revolution

Break My Fall

Oooh Baby...

Be My Daddy

Is It Wrong?

Meet Me in the Pale Moonlight

Behind Closed Doors

Jealous Girl

Breaking My Heart

Put The Radio On

She's Not Me

Tired Of Singing the Blues

imageproxy.jpg

Just now, Surf Noir said:

i love that paradise concept... :wowcry:

i can't wait to see your lizzy grant concepts! :yesnod: 

Thankssss :heart: I've got a Lizzy Grant one set up that I'm hoping to post by the end of the month 

imageproxy.jpg

19 minutes ago, Super Movie said:

Here's the first concept album I made from late September (which is why I'm sharing them so close together, they've been made for a while lol): Vulgar Darling, inspired by Lana's pop girl era in 2010. There's actually a sister album to this that I'll share next time

IkIBmrz.jpg

dL63bja.jpg

Break My Fall

Oooh Baby...

Be My Daddy

Is It Wrong?

Behind Closed Doors

Jealous Girl

Breaking My Heart

Put The Radio On

She's Not Me

I’m impressed! I love the cover art and the back cover. It must’ve taken a while cause I notice that you got the text behind her strands of hairs at the top (does that make sense lol I have no clue about photo editing) Anyway, I love it :gclap:

giphy.gif 

27 minutes ago, Super Movie said:

IkIBmrz.jpg

dL63bja.jpg

Break My Fall

Oooh Baby...

Be My Daddy

Is It Wrong?

Behind Closed Doors

Jealous Girl

Breaking My Heart

Put The Radio On

She's Not Me

Ugh I’ve always loved this era and I’ve always thought Tired of Singing the Blues would make SUCH a perfect closing track. 2010 was such a cool year for Lana, she really leaned into that 90s glam vibe visually with pop bops to match:legend: Obsessed

The second and final installment in the pop girl Lana albums/the sister album to Vulgar Darling, Dangerous Girl:

3iUBiQf.png

TxpD3ZO.jpg 

Note: Similarly to Vulgar Darling, this has been put together since September, so that's why I'm posting it so soon after lol 

imageproxy.jpg

2 minutes ago, Super Movie said:

The second and final installment in the pop girl Lana albums/the sister album to Vulgar Darling, Dangerous Girl:

3iUBiQf.png

TxpD3ZO.jpg 

Note: Similarly to Vulgar Darling, this has been put together since September, so that's why I'm posting it so soon after lol 

OBSESSED with this America’s Sweetheart vibe :heart::candy:

edit: may or may not have accidentally posted in this thread a day early :bebe: but anyways, lizzy grant concept album tomorrow! 

imageproxy.jpg

In an alternate universe where Lana never met David Kahne, this could've been the AKA we got. A bit acoustic, a bit surf noir, Miss America:

miss-america-cover.jpg

voCdnEI.jpg 

Versions used: Mermaid Motel (No Kung Fu version), Queen of the Gas Station (Queen/demo 2), PMIAM (No Kung Fu version), Jump (No Kung Fu version), Yayo (No Kung Fu version), Brite Lites (Steve Mertens demo)

imageproxy.jpg

1 hour ago, Super Movie said:

In an alternate universe where Lana never met David Kahne, this could've been the AKA we got. A bit acoustic, a bit surf noir, Miss America:

Wk34xkb.jpg 

voCdnEI.jpg 

Versions used: Mermaid Motel (No Kung Fu version), Queen of the Gas Station (Queen/demo 2), PMIAM (No Kung Fu version), Jump (No Kung Fu version), Yayo (No Kung Fu version), Brite Lites (Steve Mertens demo)

Ugh love these tracks and I really hope we hear the Steven Mertens version of AKA properly sequenced and arranged someday. :flutter: I can’t seem to see the front cover of your concept album, though! :( Maybe try re-uploading it?

2 minutes ago, IanadeIrey said:

Ugh love these tracks and I really hope we hear the Steven Mertens version of AKA properly sequenced and arranged someday. :flutter: I can’t seem to see the front cover of your concept album, though! :( Maybe try re-uploading it?

Same here, I love Steve Merten's production :wub: Just reuploaded it so hopefully it works now (my internet has been spotty all week, so there's probably just an issue with how i uploaded it and if doesn't work, i'm really sorry!)

imageproxy.jpg

10 minutes ago, Super Movie said:

Same here, I love Steve Merten's production :wub: Just reuploaded it so hopefully it works now (my internet has been spotty all week, so there's probably just an issue with how i uploaded it and if doesn't work, i'm really sorry!)

It worked! :) I love it so much - that photo always struck me as true Lizzy Grant iconography: the nails, the flag, the bleach blonde hair, the lashes, and the Jersey-special lipliner really are emblematic of the All-American-Girl quality to Lana’s earlier work. :heart:

Young Like Me as a full length album: 

young-like-me-lizzie-version.jpg

young-like-me-back-cover.jpg

Note: the version of PSB being used is the live version we have from the Williamsburg competition in 2006. Also, this was mainly made because I'm in love with the new Ford outtakes 

imageproxy.jpg