the ocean

Pizzicato Five

Maybe one or two people on here have wondered who is the woman that I have photoshopped next to Lana in my profile pic? Or the 2 people situated in my signature? Well random person I'm glad you asked!

Pizzicato Five portrait

pizzicato five ; the lanaboards thread

part 1: @The Ocean who & why the f**k

Pizzicato Five - aka my ultimate faves - was a Japanese group that in it's final formation consisted of Maki Nomiya (left) and Yasuharu Konishi (right). They were pioneers in the J-pop subgenre known as shibuya-kei, a style combining 60's chanson, ye-ye and 90's dance pop. Pizzicato Five additionally used a lot of samples in their work which has caused a lag in their music being uploaded to streaming services. (at my expense :rollin:) I'm making this thread because A. Their music slaps and I want to spread the word of Maki and B. The 60's/70's influences could strike a chord with the member base here. Any people experiencing The 90's TM might've heard their songs "Baby Love Child", "Twiggy Twiggy" or "Happy Sad", the former being used in a Futurama episode.

part 2: discography

Pizzicato Five released 13 albums over the span of their career, with the last 9 of them featuring Maki Nomiya on lead vocals. In addition, they also released 5 compilations intended for the US market through the indie label Matador. After the break up of the group, Maki Nomiya has since gone on to model (because she is the moment) and release new music; Yasuharu Konishi has gone on to write & produce for other artists as well as curate compilations of obscure material from the 50's~70's.

part 3: where you can stream/download & ending

Because of aforementioned samples as well as Japan loving to not make music available internationally, their music is withheld from streaming services WITH THE EXCEPTION of 4 recently released compilations (which IMO seem very haphazardly compiled). As much as I would love to, I cannot post any links to any full album downloads here because of Lanaboards rules. (I know that this is already known but I'm rephrasing because I'm not getting warning points or banned and that's that.) I will include streaming links & YouTube links to the (Maki Nomiya) albums that are available on those platforms in the spoiler below!

Spoiler

Albums

This Year's Girl (1991) - YouTube full album video
Sweet Pizzicato Five (1992) - YouTube full album video
Bossa Nova 2001 (1993) - YouTube full album video
Overdose (1994) - YouTube full album video
Romantique 96 (1995) - YouTube playlist with available songs
Sister Freedom Tapes ep (1996) - YouTube playlist with available songs
Happy End of the World (1997) - YouTube playlist with available songs
The International Playboy & Playgirl Record (1998) - YouTube playlist with available songs
Pizzicato Five (1999) - YouTube playlist with available songs
Çà et là du Japon (2001) - not available anywhere but it's not that bad cause it's their worst album

Compilations

The Band of 20th Century (1991-2001) - Spotify / Apple Music / YouTube
Pizzicato Five On Demand (TAKANAMI keitaro Edition) - Spotify / Apple Music / YouTube
Pizzicato Five On Demand (KONISHI yasuharu Edition) - Spotify / Apple Music / YouTube
Pizzicato Five On Demand (NOMIYA maki Edition) - Spotify / Apple Music / YouTube

@The Ocean approved playlist :oop2:

Spotify / Apple Music / YouTube

And with this said, please either discuss the iconic music or call for my banning for creating useless threads in the music section.

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

gonna dig this arist more thanks baby gorl

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing