Sign in to follow this  
SoftwareUpgrade

Natasha Bedingfield

1 minute ago, SoftwareUpgrade said:

I couldn't find a thread about her on here, does anybody know what happened with her?

she released an album a couple years ago called "roll with me" and it's very basic mom music imho :true:

unwritten + nb are pretty good albums, strip me is pretty basique

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

4 hours ago, the ocean said:

she released an album a couple years ago called "roll with me" and it's very basic mom music imho :true:

unwritten + nb are pretty good albums, strip me is pretty basique

She had so much potential, her first album was huge. 

Her later releases were OK, just OK. 

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

Just now, EXODUS said:

She had so much potential, her first album was huge. 

Her later releases were OK, just OK. 

the first sign of her descent into wine mom staple was pocketful of sunshine (the album)

her us label should've just released nb and then tacked on pocketful of sunshine + love like this as bonus tracks

strip me was the second nail in the coffin because it was very 2009 adult contemporary

and then the hiatus sealed the deal

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

Honestly her releases have always been a mess. So many different track listings of every album and weird release dates.

Unwritten (the album) was out in the UK for almost a full year before it was released in the US. It got reissued in the UK after that and then again in the US the next year.

NB came out in the UK in spring 2007 but was released as Pocketful of Sunshine in Jan. 2008 in the US; again with different track listings.

Strip Me was released Q4 2010 in the US first as a targeted approach to the American market with a Euro release a few months later including songs from Pocketful.

She did random things here and there for a few years.

Roll With Me was released everywhere in 2019 -- I haven't listened to anything from this album kii.

She was on The Masked Singer at the end of 2021 but didn't win.

I'd love to see her live, it's impossible to be sad listening to her music. Pocketful is one of my go-to albums when I'm feeling down.

BzhmW.png