Sign in to follow this  
the ocean

Janet Jackson

Fasten your seatbelts darling, it's gonna be a bumpy ride...

I didn't find a thread for this pop legend (and there seems to be no controversy with Lana) so i'm making a thread! Please discuss Janet, or Ms. Jackson if you're nasty.

202280_original.jpg

~

If you're unfamiliar with Janet:

Spoiler

If you're unfamiliar with her output, here's what I would recommend:

Rhythm Nation [probably the best album to start with - contains both styles she had explored and would continue to explore]

then if you liked the hard new jack swing sounds better I'd go in this order afterward:

Control > Velvet Rope > Unbreakable > Discipline > Janet > 20 YO > All For You > Damita Jo

if you liked the smoother, r&b sounds then I'd go in this order:

Janet > Velvet Rope > All For You > Discipline > Control > Unbreakable > Damita Jo > 20 YO

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

Love her work :rollin:, pretty sure she has a documentary coming out soon! Also I recommend the YouTube channel "itzjakebitch" WAIT ALL OF THEIR VIDEOS ARE GONE :excited:, they posted video file rips of Janet and Britney, they made a playlist in chronological order of everything Janet was doing, from interviews to stages....omg

14 hours ago, Fordham Rd said:

All For You <3

5 hours ago, junho1015 said:

All for you is still that bop.♡

all my girls at the party look at that body shaking that thing like you never did see got a nice package alright EDIT :sluttybunny:

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

Watched her documentary recently. It was so good. She’s such a legend. One of my all time favorite artists. 

Damita Jo her most underrated album. It’s such a good album & deserves more recognition imo. My fav album of hers keep changing tbh currently it’s All For You but if I had to choose her Best it would def be The Velvet Rope. One of the best albums ever created. Even tho I’ve been listening to her since I was a child I don’t think I ever listened to her first 2 albums in full more than once lol. In my eyes Control’s her debut (and in her eyes probs too). Control’s also one of the best albums ever made tbh. That album’s insane. Her, Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis are Thee musical trio.

qfrWuBl.png