Guest Zephyr

MARINA (and The Diamonds)

i completely forgot most of the recent OG file leaks on Dbree had already leaked in 2020 along with a couple other things 

i had been ignoring Miss Y demo 1 in high quality for 3 years :cryney2:

PRE-ORDER 'EAT THE WORLD' — A COLLECTION OF POEMS BY MARINA DIAMANDIS HERE:

Regular Hardback: https://marinadiamandis.lnk.to/eattheworld

Hand-Signed Hardback: https://www.resident-music.com/productdetails&product_id=113257

say what you want about girls and it being “misogynistic” but that song is a bop!!

especially the fast car version (which is superior to the album version) :true:

Spoiler

anyway was reminiscing of that homestuck MEP that id watch in middle school in like 2012 this morning :crai:

Pearl-praying.webp?fit=300,200&ssl=1

gZ0f.gif

On 7/28/2024 at 9:21 PM, Party Favor said:

i had an account on there and it was dead even in it's heyday. there's very few artists who are able to cultivate a fanbase dedicated enough to have an online forum (an already dying medium). Lana and Gaga are among the few exceptions imo

Definitely this. It seems the conversation priority goes Twitter > Reddit > Discord > Dedicated Forums/Pages.

https://i.imgur.com/bErPX2C.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/eg66WzZ.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/T4h12ME.png
🎶 Art decorates space, but music decorates time 🎶

7 hours ago, AtomicMess said:

Definitely this. It seems the conversation priority goes Twitter > Reddit > Discord > Dedicated Forums/Pages.

which is a shame tbh. i also feel like artists nowadays just don't give af about cultivating a dedicated fanbase. there's a few exceptions, of course, but most do not put in the work when they're up and coming and rely entirely on going 'viral' via tiktok/huge streaming numbers

UguUCJc.gif

leak the barrie-james co-written songs + elvis (2013)

She had a bun in the oven :bop:

𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕡𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕥𝕠𝕞, 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕣 𝕚𝕟 𝕞𝕪 𝕙𝕖𝕒𝕕 

14 hours ago, Party Favor said:

which is a shame tbh. i also feel like artists nowadays just don't give af about cultivating a dedicated fanbase. there's a few exceptions, of course, but most do not put in the work when they're up and coming and rely entirely on going 'viral' via tiktok/huge streaming numbers

i mean but how is it even possible for up and coming artists to build a fanbase without going viral on tiktok anymore ? i miss the days when you could just post a vid on youtube and people could just stumble upon it :defeated: i always think about the new artists i'm missing out on

been rearranging my marina stuff lately and I STILL don’t understand why she never released acoustic albums or EPs given shed go out of the way to have multiple songs professionally recorded for each era 

:um2:

gZ0f.gif

14 minutes ago, Escapism said:

been rearranging my marina stuff lately and I STILL don’t understand why she never released acoustic albums or EPs given shed go out of the way to have multiple songs professionally recorded for each era 

:um2:

I mean she did officially release acoustic EP for L+F but she also released Froot acoustic EP on MySpace, with the songs she posted on Youtube

2.gif

4 hours ago, Embach said:

I mean she did officially release acoustic EP for L+F but she also released Froot acoustic EP on MySpace, with the songs she posted on Youtube

helppp I completely forgot about the L+F acoustics because I barely listen to that album..

embarrassing  :aubrey:

and I thought the froot myspace sessions were different from the YT ones???  I might be getting confused with a radio show or something cause I know she did froot (the song) on them. and then there’s the happy and im a ruin that were officially released on her YT channel

regardless l+f getting the officially acoustic released drop while TFJ and EHs (froot too for not getting an official release on streaming) gather dust is criminal behavior from her once again… just like buy the stars never getting pressed on vinyl…. SICK!!

gZ0f.gif

Today marks 11 years since Marina released the Electra Heart music video, bringing the end to an iconic era. :diva:A good day to revisit the archetypes tumblr blog if you ask me...

not kidding, i have it marked on my phone's calendar

I just remembered she randomly revised Electra Heart and I'm Not Hungry Anymore after L+F was smashed by her fanbase but when Bubblegum Bitch gained its fame while ADIAML was out and Atlantic wanted her to shoot a MV, she said she can't go to the past, this bitch :brigitte:

:tiffany3:

11 hours ago, Rockwell Firefly said:

Today marks 11 years since Marina released the Electra Heart music video, bringing the end to an iconic era. :diva:A good day to revisit the archetypes tumblr blog if you ask me...

not kidding, i have it marked on my phone's calendar

11 years..? i'm getting old . i hate it

24 minutes ago, vrtvie said:

I just remembered she randomly revised Electra Heart and I'm Not Hungry Anymore after L+F was smashed by her fanbase but when Bubblegum Bitch gained its fame while ADIAML was out and Atlantic wanted her to shoot a MV, she said she can't go to the past, this bitch :brigitte:

there was like a hot minute where she randomly started playing iNHA again and then she just dropped it out of nowhere lol...