Sign in to follow this  
Make me your Dream Life

The Music History Moments Thread

On 8/2/2022 at 4:05 AM, The Stargirl Pinky said:

Terrible quality but the other video wouldn’t embed :toofunny:

Also ngl my heart breaks for TSwift in this moment, she just looks so sad. But then I think about the hundreds of millions in her bank account and I get over it real quick (and so did she I’m sure!) :eartha:

She really never shut up about this to a point I don't feel bad about it at all tbh

On 8/2/2022 at 8:06 PM, dollanganger said:

i could post so many nirvana moments but never ever forget kurt's morrissey version. and they weren't allowed to actually play their instruments so krist just swinging the bass around is too good

Pure gold

Also the opening of this one:

On 8/2/2022 at 5:59 AM, Brow Bone said:

Post iconic music moments/ music history moments. Something I found out about today: 

I haven’t watched the video yet, but there are many many songs rumored to be about Courtney Love apart from « Hollaback Girl ». Some that comes to mind immediately:

Babes in Toyland - Bruise Violet

Tori Amos - Mr. Zebra (about Trent Reznor, too)

Tori Amos - Professional Widow

The Strokes - Meet Me in The Bathroom

Primus - Coattails of a Dead Man

I’m sure there are many more, I’m not even counting the Nirvana and Foo Fighters ones…

Not exactly sure this is a "moment", but it is a weird intersection between popular music and popular literature, as well as an intersection between talented siblings' art. Anne Decatur Danielewski aka POE created an album, "Haunted", her second, which is based on her brother's (Mark Z. Danielewski) first novel, "House of Leaves", an experimental haunted-house novel, which I had to read after digesting her album (the novel's good too, although it's kind of hit or miss on the experimental parts). Rolling Stone gave her album 2 out of 5 stars, maybe because of all the things that went "bump" in the songs (most WTF line from their review: "Poe deserves some props for her blond ambition", the link is at the wikipedia page for her album, which is a waybackmachine link, so maybe RS is ashamed of it?).  Her first album, Hello, is also pretty good (e.g., Trigger Happy Jack and Angry Johnny are "nice" examples of fucked-up-relationship songs). 

title track:

This is circa 2000, and she hasn't produced albums that I know of since then, which I feel sad about.