acacia

New Fans

some background on me:

i was introduced to lana in late 2021 (post BB) by my friend who has been a fan for much longer. i had heard her before in videos and playing places but never knew she was singing. the first song i listened to fully, knowing it was her, and liked was sad girl, and ever since i’ve been obsessed lol. as a new fan, i get a lot of hate from people online so i was interested to see how people think about new fans, tiktok fans, etc on lanaboards

9c2f159f3783d5d514e1aebcfad2d2ff.jpg

you're in the wind, i'm in the water, nobody's son, nobody's daughter... ౨ৎ·゚:*

i think new fans are cool as long as they arent toxic/only like lana for the "aesthetic"  :uh:

0ee59aa49842db2f69a1f29fe8d0f75d.gif

・゚。★。゚・ 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐰𝐡𝐨 𝐢'𝐯𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐢𝐬 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐨𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐬𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐚𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐬, 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐢𝐜𝐞 𝐛𝐢𝐭𝐜𝐡, 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐝𝐢𝐞-𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐝, 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐰𝐞𝐚𝐤𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 ・゚。★。゚・

it’s absolutely impossible to gatekeep lana but honestly i side eye fans who got into her post-NFR because she has been everywhere for a while and i can’t believe it has taken people so long to appreciate her artistry 😭 especially people who “discovered” her through tiktok. but at the end of the day as long as people aren’t weird it’s fine

3 minutes ago, lilac heaven said:

it’s absolutely impossible to gatekeep lana but honestly i side eye fans who got into her post-NFR because she has been everywhere for a while and i can’t believe it has taken people so long to appreciate her artistry 😭 especially people who “discovered” her through tiktok. but at the end of the day as long as people aren’t weird it’s fine

im gonna be honest, i was just too young to appreciate her before i did bc i’m still a teen (exposing myself :oop2:)

9c2f159f3783d5d514e1aebcfad2d2ff.jpg

you're in the wind, i'm in the water, nobody's son, nobody's daughter... ౨ৎ·゚:*

As an old fan (in both senses of the word) it's great to welcome anyone who likes great music :) There's enough negativity from haters to add to internal conflict. And Sad Girl is a hell of an introduction.

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png

I love anyone who loves Lana. I just hate when new fans discover her through BTD-era and then shit on her more newer work. (But I guess they're more open to adapting than the BTD fans who still complain about each new era after 11 years.)