Please be careful sharing Sparklejumpropequeen links, they can potentially have your full e-mail on them ×
Sign in to follow this  
evalionisameme

The Gwen Stefani-Verse

Inspired by the Closer Verse thread-

Name songs that clearly imitate Gwen Stefani.

Songs in the Gwen Stefani-verse contain high pitched bratty vocals, breathy seductive verses and either High octane pop production or ska influenced dance rock.

The interesting thing about this phenomenon is that often singers sound nothing like Gwen except on the one particular song.

this is the earliest song I can find:

Other examples:

Loving this topic @evalionisameme!

I've always thought that Kim Petras sounds a lot like Gwen on Broken:

I also agree with the Charli XCX examples posted earlier, even though I hear her even more in Charli's balladesque songs (e.g. Emotional, White Mercedes). And yeah, in a different timeline Selena's Same Old Love was definitely a Gwen Stefani song too just like The Heart Wants What It Wants.

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

The "Bubblebath" EP was clearly reminiscent of Gwen Stefani. I remember the Lowlife era/very beginning stages of the Poppy Project mentioned No Doubt & Gwen as inspirations. The "That Poppy" era.

TV03-March2016-That-Poppy-02.jpg

Excuse the low(ish) quality, I don't feel like scanning my copy. Gwen is mentioned in this Teen Vogue interview from 2016.

1 hour ago, SoftwareUpgrade said:

The "Bubblebath" EP was clearly reminiscent of Gwen Stefani. I remember the Lowlife era/very beginning stages of the Poppy Project mentioned No Doubt & Gwen as inspirations. The "That Poppy" era.

TV03-March2016-That-Poppy-02.jpg

Excuse the low(ish) quality, I don't feel like scanning my copy. Gwen is mentioned in this Teen Vogue interview from 2016.

Yes I can hear bits of Gwen musically in low life-less the voice and more the song itself though of course.

the Selena song makes sense aswell considering charli is on the chorus aswell and wrote the track :hooker: