Sign in to follow this  
LBcita

Lana owning her masters

When seen in the context of the entire sector, her status appears to be very favorable. Her label doesn't appear to press her, she has a very big and loyal fanbase, she's rich asf, and no one wants to steal her music rights (I mean, I'm sure someone wants but can't). I'm overjoyed that she appears to be doing well in this aspect.

archiving any ldr-related stuff I can find (like, literally)

LANA DEL REY TRACKER

last.fm

163c956c5fc19ea25e79f89d6eec3b83.gif

Tbh one thing that’s really gotten on my nerves ever since Taylor’s Versions is that now, with like every artist ever, you’ll see stan’s on twitter like “omg do (Your Version) of all your old albums!!!!” and it’s like …? 😭 

Like, half the time it’s for pointless reasons and it’s just them wanting an artist to re-record old, already released music (which? seems so pointless) 

And even if an artist didn’t own their masters, that is not always a solution? Taylor’s situation was so particular and the fact that scooter gave her the option to re-record everything was great luck, but like, I’m sure taylor wouldn’t have done all this if she didn’t absolutely have to

The whole situation sucked so bad, and I don’t think any other artist would willingly want to put themselves through all that lol. Taylor, however, with her fame really lucked out with her versions doing so incredibly well, her fanbase will eat up anything and everything she puts out, and like, good for her 

anyways. ben and ed are so great at making sure their artists are treated right and do a great job at setting them up for success, gotta love em <3

16 minutes ago, brandon said:

Tbh one thing that’s really gotten on my nerves ever since Taylor’s Versions is that now, with like every artist ever, you’ll see stan’s on twitter like “omg do (Your Version) of all your old albums!!!!” and it’s like …? 😭 

Yeah, it's really a specific-circumstance type of thing i.e.

• Bonnie McKee re-recording her old album that her old label owned and wouldn't let her release
  • Aly & AJ re-recording "Potential Breakup Song" with the uncensored lyrics
  • Demi Lovato re-recording songs from her dead pop career with her current sound/aesthetic, after having played those versions while touring

So while the prospect of an artist revisiting old work through a new lens is really cool and interesting, that in and of itself isn't much reason to go through the work, especially if it's under the same record deal or an album you already own :toofunny:

12 hours ago, Tana Mongeau said:

eating pure vagina

do we have any actual proof that Lana owns her masters guys? i need the source

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing