Sign in to follow this  
Strangelove

French Riots

I see some users are French here... Can they give their experience beyond the news headlines and videos? From what I am seeing online the riots are escalating very quickly and its the worst one in multiple generations. They tried to kill the mayor of Paris and the city has seemingly lost control. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2023/07/02/world/france-protests-violence-mayors-house-attack-intl-hnk/index.html

The other forum I frequent made a topic about this so I thought to post one here.

1 minute ago, The Siren said:

I saw a video of a crowd looting a grocery store following a luxury car crashing into it's storefront. It's crazy to witness from online. 

I know France has bad periods of civil rest but it seems like this one isn't much of a joke. So I wonder if Lana will stop the show in France if things escalate. 

NYC during the George Floyd riots was pretty bad from my memory, but that seems mild compared to the videos I am seeing in Paris right now. At the same time I am reading Paris is actually quite normal right now. There must seriously be some systemic political issues there. 

7 hours ago, annedauphine said:

It's so weird seeing you guys talk from an external point of view lol

How do you see it? If I remember right, they're protesting the government raising the minimum retirement age by a few years. 

4 minutes ago, The Siren said:

How do you see it? If I remember right, they're protesting the government raising the minimum retirement age by a few years. 

I'm not particularly on point with the news and politics but my understanding is that they're protesting the killing of a 17yo named Naël who was killed by the police

ZKcaooE.png

2 minutes ago, baddisease said:

fuck the police from the USA to France to...everywhere.

Period.

the worst part is that some racist launched a donation for the cop. He is going to be a millionaire by tomorrow. Racism is ALIVE.

1 hour ago, annedauphine said:

I'm not particularly on point with the news and politics but my understanding is that they're protesting the killing of a 17yo named Naël who was killed by the police

Oh? I didn't hear about that at all :xcry:

42 minutes ago, Nahime said:

Period.

the worst part is that some racist launched a donation for the cop. He is going to be a millionaire by tomorrow. Racism is ALIVE.

And not just a USA commodity :eek:

4 hours ago, TropicoHeart said:

Will Lana cancel the July 10th show in Paris bc of the riots? 

The government cancel two shows last week at Stade of France of the biggest singer in France Mylène Farmer.

I see her this week in my town i hope everything will be all right !

On 7/4/2023 at 12:56 PM, JonathanJordan said:

What Do Users Here Have Against French People?

Nothing. I love the French. 

20 hours ago, LycaneInMoonlight said:

The government cancel two shows last week at Stade of France of the biggest singer in France Mylène Farmer.

I see her this week in my town i hope everything will be all right !

Wow!!! I had no idea they cancelled a show for the biggest singer! I definitely think Lana's show will be cancelled... Very sad for the Parisian fans. 

13 minutes ago, Strangelove said:

Nothing. I love the French. 

Wow!!! I had no idea they cancelled a show for the biggest singer! I definitely think Lana's show will be cancelled... Very sad for the Parisian fans. 

Don't be pessimistic lol. I truly think it will not be cancelled. Much more risk at SDF than at Olympia

ZKcaooE.png