YourGirl666

Best fanmade/alternative tracklist that actually worked?

What are the best alt sequencing that you've ever discovered, like, either yours or not, just the one the surprisingly worked the best? Cohesive, great flow, best song choices (unreleased including), best lenght...Lana or not.

I still quite like my COCC running order :true:

Spoiler

Chemtrails Over the Country Club

Tulsa Jesus Freak

Let Me Love You Like a Woman

Wild at Heart

Dark But Just a Game

Not All Who Wander Are Lost

White Dress

Dealer

Breaking Up Slowly

Bartender

Yosemite

Dance Till We Die

Partially inspired by the early running order revealed by that photo that showed LYTAN, with COCC as the opener and White Dress in the middle. Although Dealer is somewhat out of place with the rest of the album, I wanted to try to find a spot for it as it was at one point considered. I could be totally misremembering/making this up but I think I remember speculation that White Dress was supposed to be a “turning point” in the album and leant into that here- the kind of jazzy feel of White Dress going into the more bluesy Dealer and Breaking Up Slowly just made sense to me. This way Dealer also ends up as track 8 like it was once upon a time. :ma: Thematically and sonically I think Bartender fits better among the Chemtrails tracks than the rest of Norman. I highly suggest listening to COCC in this order especially if you have issues with the flow of the back half of the released running order. Once LYTAN eventually leaks/gets released I will find a way to incorporate her into this running order.  :true:

I’d still like to try a good cohesive tracklist for Lust for Life but that’s going to take some time :ma:

whatarecoloris.jpg

my current unreleased selection, which I have been listening to for a few weeks now

Afraid (Version 2)

Hawaiian Tropic

Marilyn Monroe

Dum Dum

Daddy Issues

Take Me to Paris

Prom Song

Last Girl on Earth

TV in Black & White

Maha Maha

Are You Ready

Dreamgirl

Motel 6

Angels Forever (Demo)

and Ocean Blvd mixed with Rob's album and sorted by popularity:

A&W

Peppers

Let The Light In

Paris, Texas

Did You Know...

Taco Truck x VB

Candy Necklace

The Grants

Lost At Sea

Fishtail

Sweet

Margaret

Hollywood Bowl

Grandfather

Kintsugi

Fingertips

Jon Batiste Interlude

4 hours ago, The Siren said:

Isn't this technically just a reformatted OP for a tracklist rearranging thread? I already made that thread forever ago 🤣

Not really, that one is about any attempts, this one is about the best way you found of sequencing the tracks of an album, with an official-like quality (taking the best out of its sessions and using them in the best way possible to achieve their potential as a whole). This one is less about your favorite tracklist and more about the piece itself (like making a Dark Side of the Moon out of Katy Perry's Witness), it's all about perfecting them in the most objective way possible. I know this sounds very silly, but I'm focusing on what actually worked, could've/should've been the final product and outdid the og thing.