lakeemmahottie

BABYMETAL

ef8GR9S.jpg

I'm suprised no one has created a thread for them yet so I thought I'd open one myself. 

BABYMETAL are a Japanese idol "kawaii metal" (basically J Pop & metal) band currently consisting of 3 members. The original lineup was Nakamoto Suzuka (known as "SU-METAL"), Kikuchi Moa (known as "MOAMETAL") and former member Mizuno Yui (known as "YUIMETAL"), whom had left in 2018 due to health reasons. As of 2023, the lineup still contains SU-METAL and MOAMETAL and the recently new addition to the group Okazaki Momoko (known as "MOMOMETAL").

BABYMETAL was formed officially on November 28th 2010 by the AMUSE agency and the band's producer Koba (known as "KOBAMETAL").

Songs from their discography I'd reccomend:

Spoiler

"line!" (2012)

Spoiler

"Megitsune" (2013)

Spoiler

"Uki Uki ☆ Midnight" (2012)

Spoiler

"METALI (feat. Tom Morello)" (2023) (first song to feature MOMOMETAL)

Spoiler

"BxMxC" (2019) (Track 7 from Metal Galaxy complete edition, unavailable on the international edition, released as a single in 2020)

5 hours ago, fl0r1dakil0s said:

What ??? I was sure she died 

From what I know she left because of health reasons. She also said that she was considering pursuit of a solo career but Yui is no longer in the public eye. The kitsunes ask what happened to her all the time and its kinda annoying for Su. But whatever Yui is doing with her life, music based or not, i hope she's happy and healthy!

6 hours ago, Ultra Violet said:

I love them! Saw them live at a festival once and they were so fun to watch.

I also love their collab King Slayer with BMTH. They're one of those bands I know I need to get into more.

You should definitely get into them more. I'd start on self titled if i were you tbh. 

3 minutes ago, SoftwareUpgrade said:

I think I'd like this band, I'll have to listen to some of their work later! :agree:

Definitely! I'd personally reccomend self titled since it's more well known. Metal Resistance is really good too. Also if you're in the UK theres one song from Metal Resistance that isn't on Spotify called "From Dusk Till Dawn" but I'm pretty sure it's available everywhere else. I need to list their b sides tbh.

BABYMETAL B-SIDES

A list of songs that aren't available everywhere outside of Japan. Or available within the UK.

Spoiler

Distortion - Single (2018)

pJXpOpd.jpg

1. Distortion (Solo) (Album Version features Alissa White-Gluz)

Spoiler

Metal Galaxy (2019)

Im13EKE.jpg

1-03. Elevator Girl (JP Ver.)

1-07. ↑↓←→BBAB

17 hours ago, softscars said:

BABYMETAL B-SIDES

A list of songs that aren't available everywhere outside of Japan. Or available within the UK.

Reveal hidden contents

Metal Resistance (2016)

SczQyKP.jpg

7. From Dusk Till Dawn (Not Available to the UK only)

12. The One (JP Ver.)

Reveal hidden contents

pJXpOpd.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

Metal Galaxy (2019)

Im13EKE.jpg

1-07. ↑↓←→BBAB

I'm pretty sure there's more but I'll update later if there is. Also BxMxC WAS a Japan exclusive on Metal Galaxy Disc 2 but due to song going viral outside of Japan, it was released internationally as a single alongside a music video a year after the Metal Galaxy album.

On 9/16/2023 at 12:38 PM, SoftwareUpgrade said:

I think I'd like this band, I'll have to listen to some of their work later! :agree:

I also forgot to mention that apprently Poppy was inspired by their stuff too but I can't remember where I saw that lol but yk

Made my own METAL RESISTANCE tracklist combining the JP and EU tracklisting. Only a minor difference it just includes Syncopation with FDTD. 

http://lanaboards.com/topic/14051-the-tracklist-rearranging-thread/?do=findComment&comment=1692474

On 9/16/2023 at 7:20 PM, softscars said:

BABYMETAL B-SIDES

Reveal hidden contents

pJXpOpd.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

Metal Galaxy (2019)

Im13EKE.jpg

1-07. ↑↓←→BBAB

For those who live outside Japan, I've linked the most of the songs that aren't international, or formally released so u can listen to them :)

Its only iTunes in Japan where they released BLACK NIGHT and CLEAR NIGHT :rip: I'm gonna need those local files... iTunes or CD rips are fine tbh. Please lol. I did find files on soulseek but both black and clear were missing at least 2 songs