Sign in to follow this  
Divisive Princess

What has Lana done for you and how has she changed you?

Poorer. :true:

No but seriously, she was there for me, as silly as it sounds, when I was feeling my worst. I listened to Love just to hear her sing “don’t worry, baby”, trying to convince myself, or truly believe, that things would eventually become better one day. And they did, it took a few years but they did, and I’m so glad her songs were there as a comfort, as an escape, and something to enjoy a happier moment with.

It’s okay to feel sad. It’ll pass eventually. Don’t forget the people who love and support you.

I love how she’s unapologetically herself and kept working towards her dream, to release a record and make a name for herself. I think it’s truly inspirational how hard she worked for years to get to the point where she released born to die - it tells me to never give up on our dreams but to keep trying and trying until we get there. Fame might not be what she wanted but I think she’s found a way to live with fame, being a celebrity, and still stay grounded and be who she really is. Maybe, once I or you, or we all, reach our dreams, it won’t be as we imagined but we can work things out and still have them.

Always follow your heart. Do what feels best for you. If you want to stay with family, then stay with your family. Never feel obligated to do anything you don’t want to.

I think she’s a role model in many ways, and she’s creative in a way I can only wish to be.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

Jesus.. Lana has done SOO much for me.. I just admire how multifaceted she is. It reminds me that I can be the same way too. I can be reserved but still have a wild spirit and do it all on my own terms. 

I’d say the biggest way that’s she’s helped me is through her songwriting. She describes even the most tragic things so poetically and sometimes with such subtlety, but almost always with sincerity and vulnerability. I’ve had a few of my own not-so-great experiences as well, but have always tended to keep things to myself. Eventually, I realized that I needed to somehow process these things aloud in order for me to move on from them, so I took to songwriting as a way to help my anxieties. Since I started songwriting, I’ve had so much relief and gained so much personal contentment. I’ve never felt more confident than I do now and I believe it is in large part due to Lana and her artistry.

Emotionally, I’ve grown so much in a similar way that Lana has. It’s probably why I admire her so much. With each album release, it seems that we both enter into a similar stage of life. It’s why I choose to continue following her journey.

Lana has deff shaped me since I started listening to her right before high school and now into my mid-late twenties. She's taught me how to see beauty in small things, even the most mundane things in life. She taught me to embrace femininity in whatever way I want it to look like. I can express my lighter feminine side while also embracing my darker side. Listening to her just makes me feel prettier and made me gain confidence. Her music has comforted me during times I needed it the most like breakups, milestones, trauma and even happy times. Each album aligns with different eras in my life and reflect my experiences. Her songs really click for me when dealing with mental health problems in a way that almost no other artist can for me. I've come to so many realizations in my life with her music that have taught me lessons. I've learned to be more free-spirited and break free from trauma and toxicity. I've grown to appreciate friendships, family and romantic relationships more as well.

giphy.webp

♡︎ ⁺.⊹ ˖  𝓂𝓎 𝒷𝒶𝒷𝓎 𝓁𝒾𝓋𝑒𝓈 𝒾𝓃 𝓈𝒽𝒶𝒹𝑒𝓈 𝑜𝒻 𝒷𝓁𝓊𝑒 ₊˚. ♡︎

I probably would’ve been straight if I didn’t listen to BTD at 12. 

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

I actually think a lot about who I would've been had I not gotten into Lana when I did. I genuinely believe that Lana was my gateway into discovering good music. After I got into her, I went down a rabbit hole of all the music she was into and of music that was similar to hers. My music taste was completely different before Lana

imageproxy.jpg