That Venice Bitch

2024 US Presidential Election - Kamala Harris/Tim Walz vs. Donald Trump/J.D. Vance

11 minutes ago, Mer said:

I don’t think anyone here cares or needs to know my personal financial situation - I just strongly don’t think Saudi Arabia should own the American Mortgage Market…

12 minutes ago, Mer said:

I don’t think anyone here cares or needs to know my personal financial situation - I just strongly don’t think Saudi Arabia should own the American Mortgage Market…

It’s okay if you’re living with your family, but there’s context to making statements and using language like “we” when that’s not the case for many people. The American government has been disastrous for the homeless population/housing market. So as someone who rents in a high cost of living area, I would be open to the idea of privatizing it. 

5 hours ago, Strangelove said:

I always catch myself surprised when I read things like these and see words like “we”. Are you a homeowner? Live rent free? Rent? HCOL or LCOL? The government already has a monopoly on the housing market for people in places such as New York City.  The government is more responsible for high home and rent prices than “Wall Street”. These are all things most people already know from where I live, though. Perhaps you’re somewhere else or living rent free in a LCOL area. I’m not sure.

Without housing projects, people would be homeless.

giphy.gif

2 hours ago, Strangelove said:

It’s okay if you’re living with your family, but there’s context to making statements and using language like “we” when that’s not the case for many people. The American government has been disastrous for the homeless population/housing market. So as someone who rents in a high cost of living area, I would be open to the idea of privatizing it. 

this is an absolutely ridiculous argument you’re picking when the context of my use of the word “we” was “Americans”. 

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

4 hours ago, Strangelove said:

what? and your solution is to privatize everything? THAT is good for the homeless population?

giphy.gif

14 minutes ago, baddisease said:

what? and your solution is to privatize everything? THAT is good for the homeless population?

The privatization of health insurance and student loans here has fundamentally destroyed the middle/lower class. The absolute last thing we need is for private companies to basically own our fucking houses :rip: 

This does bring up another thing about Harris - will she continue to forgive student loans during her presidency ?

tumblr-offofn-R8-LN1qj7kyho1-640.gif

.・゜゜・ ⋆·˚ ༘ * GIVE PEACE A CHANCE  ˚ ༘ ⋆。˚ ・゜゜・.

I want Butch Ware to be my President. I WANT BUTCH WARE TO BE MY PRESIDENT.

https://x.com/ButchWare/status/1834566536780218801

8 minutes ago, That Venice Bitch said:

The privatization of health insurance and student loans here has fundamentally destroyed the middle/lower class. The absolute last thing we need is for private companies to basically own our fucking houses :rip: 

BINGO. We've seen the absolute hell that privatization and big business has on the working class. We don't need to continue down that path.

giphy.gif

18 minutes ago, baddisease said:

Je veux que Butch Ware soit mon président. JE VEUX QUE BUTCH WARE SOIT MON PRÉSIDENT.

https://x.com/ButchWare/status/1834566536780218801

BINGO. Nous avons vu l'enfer absolu que la privatisation et les grandes entreprises ont fait subir à la classe ouvrière. Nous n'avons pas besoin de continuer sur cette voie.

EN FRANCE SI UN CANDIDAT MEME D'EXTREME DROITE PROPOSAIT  UNE PRIVATISATION MEME PARTIELLE IL PERDRAIT LA TOTALITE DE CES ELECTEURS

1 minute ago, JDaniel said:

EN FRANCE SI UN CANDIDAT MEME D'EXTREME DROITE PROPOSAIT  UNE PRIVATISATION MEME PARTIELLE IL PERDRAIT LA TOTALITE DE CES ELECTEURS

I'm relying on Google translate but from what I can tell, I like French voters. 

To privatize things is to put people at the mercy of big business and big business only cares about its ability to extract wealth from people.

giphy.gif

On 9/13/2024 at 8:33 PM, baddisease said:

Homeless people are an entirely different story… what would be good for them and society is for the police to forcefully institutionalize mentally ill vagrants instead of letting them terrorize society. Contrary to belief, Goldman Sachs isn’t responsible for someone being homeless. 

On 9/13/2024 at 8:47 PM, That Venice Bitch said:

This does bring up another thing about Harris - will she continue to forgive student loans during her presidency ?

If you are poor and cannot afford health insurance, I pay for your healthcare through Medicaid and if you are old, Medicare. If you can’t afford to go to school, I pay for your Federal Pell Grant. Oh, and if you’re a migrant, I pay for your shelter and food costs. 

So, yeah, like, it’s totally terrible these private companies are taking my money to pay for other people’s things. Oh… wait… :blush:.

mod note: user was banned for this post and others after crossing one too many lines

Edited by That Venice Bitch
Don’t advocate for fascism on Lanaboards.

5 minutes ago, baddisease said:

I rely on Google Translate, but from what I can tell, I like French voters. 

Privatizing things means putting people at the mercy of big corporations, and big corporations only care about their ability to extract wealth from people.

We try as best we can to maintain the notion of solidarity

the healthy pay for the sick

the wealthiest pay for those

in financial difficulty

the only debate is on the level of assistance to be given to illegal refugees, but no one in case of illness

I thought the abortion part of the debate was interesting. Kamala's pro choice answer focused on examples of women and children who are rape and incest survivors. trump also supports exceptions for rape and incest as well as the heath of the mother. they were speaking like they disagreed with each other but they were saying the same thing. I think 99% of people agree with rape incest and life of the mother exceptions, and 99% of people think that some justifications for abortions are a lot better and some are a lot worse. I don't get why conservatives hyper focus on a small percentage of women who get abortions out of true callousness and selfishness, as that is not representative. I also don't get why liberals focus on a small percentage of conservatives who allow for no rape, incest, or life of the mother exceptions bc that is also not representative.

2 minutes ago, urgirl said:

I thought the abortion part of the debate was interesting. Kamala's pro choice answer focused on examples of women and children who are rape and incest survivors. trump also supports exceptions for rape and incest as well as the heath of the mother. they were speaking like they disagreed with each other but they were saying the same thing. I think 99% of people agree with rape incest and life of the mother exceptions, and 99% of people think that some justifications for abortions are a lot better and some are a lot worse. I don't get why conservatives hyper focus on a small percentage of women who get abortions out of true callousness and selfishness, as that is not representative. I also don't get why liberals focus on a small percentage of conservatives who allow for no rape, incest, or life of the mother exceptions bc that is also not representative.

imo even if they get abortion out of selfishness, it's still their right and their body. the Democrats should just go fuck it and say that they support abortion //for any reason//.

giphy.gif

1 minute ago, baddisease said:

In my opinion, even if they abort out of selfishness, it is still their right and their body's right. Democrats should just go fuck themselves and say they support abortion //for any reason//.

Abortion must be a constitutional right regardless of the motivation

the only limitation should be on duration 

Often religion interferes in the management of the state and generates this type of false debate. 

16 minutes ago, urgirl said:

project 2025 wants to ban it all together, as well as ban contraception, something that trump is trying to distance himself from, but he's very connected to the heritage foundation, and he's probably only saying he doesn't know anything about it because he knows it ultimately makes him look back (during the debate he said he knew nothing about it, while literally in the same sentence, saying there's good and bad things in it... :um2:)

not to mention the fact that roe v. wade being overturned is ultimately his fault, he appointed the supreme court justices that made that happen, and now women are suffering greatly in certain states that have restricted and banned it, i just looked it up, and abortion is straight-up illegal in over 10 states

2 minutes ago, JDaniel said:

Abortion must be a constitutional right regardless of the motivation

the only limitation should be on duration 

Often religion interferes in the management of the state and generates this type of false debate. 

I don't see how it is a religious thing unless you equate religion with morality. it's about whether ending the life of a fetus is justifiable in all circumstances or only some. Its the same kind of question as whether killing a human being is justifiable in all circumstances or only some (like self-defense, war, death penalty), but people have been having grappling with this question for much much longer.

2 minutes ago, Dark Angel said:

project 2025 wants to ban it all together, as well as ban contraception, something that trump is trying to distance himself from, but he's very connected to the heritage foundation, and he's probably only saying he doesn't know anything about it because he knows it ultimately makes him look back (during the debate he said he knew nothing about it, while literally in the same sentence, saying there's good and bad things in it... :um2:)

not to mention the fact that roe v. wade being overturned is ultimately his fault, he appointed the supreme court justices that made that happen, and now women are suffering greatly in certain states that have restricted and banned it

i just looked it up, and abortion is straight-up illegal in over 10 states

the fact that project 2025 Is too outlandish for the republican nominee is a good sign it is not representative but really a marginal population that liberals sensationalize. similar to how some conservatives act like Antifa is representative of the average democrat. 

5 minutes ago, urgirl said:

I don't see how this can be a religious question, unless one draws a parallel between religion and morality. It's a question of whether ending the life of a fetus is justifiable in all circumstances or only in some of them. It's the same kind of question as whether killing a human being is justifiable in all circumstances or only in some of them (like self-defense, war, the death penalty), but people have been struggling with this question for much longer.

in a state which applies secularism in any case the question is quickly decided

1 minute ago, urgirl said:

the fact that project 2025 Is too outlandish for the republican nominee is a good sign it is not representative but really a marginal population that liberals sensationalize. similar to how some conservatives act like Antifa is representative of the average democrat. 

if it’s so “outlandish” why are so many of its writers former Trump admins. These people, unlike “Antifa”, have actually been in power. 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

6 minutes ago, urgirl said:

regardless... like i said... trump appointed conservative supreme court justices that decided to overturn roe v. wade, which has resulted in very harmful consequences for women, and even young girls who are victims of rape and incest! you could say that he didn't necessarily know or specifically intend for that to happen, his actions as president have consequences, and there's fear that in the future, more things could be left to the states, like gay marriage, and even interracial marriage! 

abortion should be a right everywhere, regardless if some women aren't getting them for the "right reasons", if somebody doesn't agree with abortion, they have the choice to not get one, and abortion will always be a thing, even if it's illegal, it will just be more dangerous for women to have to get one, having it be legal will result in less deaths

and, believe me, there's definitely people out there who disagree with abortion, even in cases of rape, and some people just do not care about women as human-beings, and at their core, do not register us as actual people, and if you can't see that, you aren't paying attention