Daytona Beach Sparkler

Your Delusional Lana Theories

Share your own personal delusional Lana theories! Share your reasoning if you'd like btw. You might be either onto something or on something, who knows? :illumilana: I'll start first:

• Some songs from Ultraviolence like Brooklyn Baby, Guns and Roses, and Florida Kilos were written during the Lizzy era and have unleaked concept idea demos with reused lyrics and melodies, similarly to Methamphetamines & Old Money. .
  • Songs like Axl Rose Husband, Elvis, Pin Up Galore, Trash Magic, Waimea, and other Lizzy era songs/ AKA outtakes have their own MVs that remain lost/unleaked because Lana had the habit to delete MVs a couple of minutes after being uploaded.

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧。・:*:・゚★。・:*:・゚☆*:・゚✧*:・゚✧

She's always reworking old songs every album cicle. Like, just look at this:

BTD: Diet Mountain Dew, Hundred Dollar Bill... (honestly, I feel like a lot of the outtakes and released songs fit in this category to some extent)

PD: Yayo, Drive (not sure on this one), the scrapped deluxe tracks

Tropico/UV: Hollywood, I Don't Wanna Go, Elvis, Melacholia, Money & Power, Black Beauty, Methamphetamines, Guns N Roses, Driving in Cars With Boys, Ave Maria, I Talk to Jesus, Prom Song...

HM: I Can Fly, Axl Rose Husband, Beautiful People, Say Yes To Heaven, Your Girl (unconfirmed), Wild One

LFL: Fine China, Say Yes to Heaven, HM California.

NFR: Valley of the Dolls, Best American Record, California

COCC: Pink Champaigne, Wanderlust, Yosemite, Dark But Just a Game, For Free, Dealer

BB: Valley of the Dolls, Fine China, the UV trio that got released + Thunder, If You Lie Down With Me, Dealer, Black Bathing Suit, Loved You Then and Now, I Can Fly, Wild One

OB: Jimmy, title track, Fingertips, Taco Truck

4 minutes ago, YourGirl666 said:

She's always reworking old songs every album cicle. Like, just look at this:

BTD: Diet Mountain Dew, Hundred Dollar Bill... (honestly, I feel like a lot of the outtakes and released songs fit in this category to some extent)

PD: Yayo, Drive (not sure on this one), the scrapped deluxe tracks

Tropico/UV: Hollywood, I Don't Wanna Go, Elvis, Melacholia, Money & Power, Black Beauty, Methamphetamines, Guns N Roses, Driving in Cars With Boys, Ave Maria, I Talk to Jesus, Prom Song...

HM: I Can Fly, Axl Rose Husband, Beautiful People, Say Yes To Heaven, Your Girl (unconfirmed), Wild One

LFL: Fine China, Say Yes to Heaven, HM California.

NFR: Valley of the Dolls, Best American Record, California

COCC: Pink Champaigne, Wanderlust, Yosemite, Dark But Just a Game, For Free, Dealer

BB: Valley of the Dolls, Fine China, the UV trio that got released + Thunder, If You Lie Down With Me, Dealer, Black Bathing Suit, Loved You Then and Now, I Can Fly, Wild One

OB: Jimmy, title track, Fingertips, Taco Truck

You're definitely onto something :oic3: It makes me wonder what songs she'll rework for the next album

10 minutes ago, Daytona Beach Sparkler said:

You're definitely onto something :oic3: It makes me wonder what songs she'll rework for the next album

My guesses: Fine China, Pawn Shop Blues, Wild One, Angels Forever, For K Part 2, Disco, On Our Way, Lake Placid and something random/unexpected like Hollywood's Dead, Brite Lites, TV in Black and White, Roses Bloom For You or Life is Beautiful idk

Her label pushed/pressured for the anti-Trump campaign from her and the political Lust For Life songs. Coachella might genuinely be her very worst song.

You’ll notice how now she’s quiet on the election. And she’s always been very against the grain media wise so it was a surprise for older fans during 2016 leading up onto 2017. 

Much less a theory but I know it from a fan conversation back in 2013 or 2012 — she recorded Charles Manson covers but they scraped. My theory regarding that is pressure from her label. 

Ugh.. I once wrote this whole ass essay in my phone notes about how “Dragonslayer” is about Lana being cheated on by her boyfriend and how it ties into all the other Ultraviolence songs….. and then I deleted all the notes on my phone by accident. :flop:

‧₊˚❀༉‧₊˚.

i also believe music videos for other lizzy grant songs exist, i feel like trash magic is honestly quite likely, but who's to say she didn't make any for other songs like pin up galore, 1949, heavy hitter, or axl rose husband? considering she made a music video for methamphetamines, an acapella laptop demo, i feel like anything's possible, and she clearly liked songs like pin up galore, trash magic, and heavy hitter (rehearsal) enough to perform them, so it wouldn't be hard to believe she would also make music videos for them as well

She will announce something in late August / early September. Now I have a bunch of evidence (speculation and / or delusions) that she might announce an album. Not a country one, and it won't be released in September. But there will be an album. Possibly in late October / early November. A more halolween-ish (southern gothic?) album.

Once I write my 500 word essay of evidence and proof I will post it here.

tumblr_lxwvjoYZok1qm6msjo1_500.gif

1 minute ago, jimmyjimmycocoapuff said:

i feel like most theories i hear are delusional- a more interesting question would be some that aren't delulu :illumarina:

lasso is getting a surprise release in september and any slightly country or folk sounding previously unreleased songs will make an appearance on the 30 tracks long tracklist :true:

PRE-ORDER 'EAT THE WORLD' — A COLLECTION OF POEMS BY MARINA DIAMANDIS HERE:

Regular Hardback: https://marinadiamandis.lnk.to/eattheworld

Hand-Signed Hardback: https://www.resident-music.com/productdetails&product_id=113257

Just now, viv said:

lasso is getting a surprise release in september and any slightly country or folk sounding previously unreleased songs will make an appearance on the 30 tracks long tracklist :true:

wow 5 delulu theories rolled into one!

2e51cd1e8138f1fc806912eadd82fc13.gif

Like TV in black and white...

Lol I just remembered another theory I had.. that Candy Necklace talks about Jack Donoghue by exploring the edm/rave scene.

I know she gave us one meaning with the Candy Necklace video, but the lyrics say something else. I have this feeling that the “candy” she’s talking about is actually in reference to the rave term, “kandi”. Now I’m not too familiar with rave culture.. but from what I know about it, kandi is basically a type of beaded jewelry that ravers make to share with other ravers. It makes sense if you remember that Jack Donoghue is a DJ/electronic artist who was also in a band called SALEM, known in the EDM world for their witchhouse sound. 

I’m also inclined to believe that this may be why she chose to release the BEADED A&W and CANDY necklaces as merch. Plus, the whistles (common at raves), that (ugly :hooker:) 3-piece set with the Paradise pattern, and the psychedelic-esque vinyl of DYKTTATUOB. Very festival/rave type stuff IMO.

Edit: Also, in the song she mentions “dancing with the young and reckless.” Raves/clubs have generally younger audiences.

‧₊˚❀༉‧₊˚.

2 minutes ago, dietpussycola said:

Lol I just remembered another theory I had.. that Candy Necklace talks about Jack Donoghue by exploring the edm/rave scene.

I know she gave us one meaning with the Candy Necklace video, but the lyrics say something else. I have this feeling that the “candy” she’s talking about is actually in reference to the rave term, “kandi”. Now I’m not too familiar with rave culture.. but from what I know about it, kandi is basically a type of beaded jewelry that ravers make to share with other ravers. It makes sense if you remember that Jack Donoghue is a DJ/electronic artist who was also in a band called SALEM, known in the EDM world for their witchhouse sound. 

I’m also inclined to believe that this may be why she chose to release the BEADED A&W and CANDY necklaces as merch. Plus, the whistles (common at raves), that (ugly :hooker:) 3-piece set with the Paradise pattern, and the psychedelic-esque vinyl of DYKTTATUOB. Very festival/rave type stuff IMO.

wait :oprah2:

Chemtrails Over The Country Club GIF by Lana Del Rey

10 minutes ago, dietpussycola said:

Edit: Also, in the song she mentions “dancing with the young and reckless.” Raves/clubs have generally younger audiences.

Oh Candy Necklace the hit you are

1 hour ago, dietpussycola said:

Lasso scrapped and being replaced into an EDM/ Rave album confirmed! :charli:

4 hours ago, Ice Cream Ice Queen said:

wait :oprah2:

Lmaoo I did a little more research and found that Lana was seen at some clubs a few months before she released a snippet of Candy Necklace on Aug. 23, 2022.

Ecco2k, Bladee, and Yung Lean.

These artists seem to be tied to that EDM scene as well. So maybe not so far-fetched of a theory. Lol Makes me wonder if the second half of A&W has any relation?

‧₊˚❀༉‧₊˚.