Sitar

Unpopular Lana Opinions

I just realized how shallow Lana is. I mean, you can see she definitely writes about her men all the time.. Definitely seems to be inspired about their looks. And we are looking at the sometimes bad relationships portrayed in her songs and I honestly think that she thinks that they're too beautiful, it doesn't matter if they are fuck ups. Then with her stage name. It sounded beautiful. All her icons she honestly doesn't seem to know too much about but she's inspired by their face, a quick listen of a song.

Her video clips, she said she was inspired about how they looked, while most people would choose them for the significance, I think Lana's videos really appeal because they're different and beautiful because she chose clips for their beauty. Also, her clothing choices. I think she thinks each clothing item looks great on their own and puts them together (example blue maxi dress with loafers) and doesn't think about if they look good together, because those are her favorite clothing pieces, they're pretty, Etc.

And then definitely all her talk about being electric, alive and shit - her adjectives and adverbs and verbs are so grandiose I would feel ridiculous using them. But she doesn't because she has a little bit of a shallow mind. That's why we see such weird imagery and such vivid imagery in her songs.

And then the smoking. I don't think she thinks about the health cons, but rather how it looks..kinda maybe the reason she started smoking? Her weird ass technicolor tropico and dialogue and shit all that shit appeals to her BECAUSE SHE IS SHALLOW. Yes, I think she is a smart person in some aspects, but her shallowness overwhelms me sometimes.

And then all that trailer trash stuff, I think those flamingoes and flowers were just so pretty to her maybe a reason she fixated in them. Definitely her weird descriptions of herself on her myspace and Facebook were because those things just looked and sounded beautiful.

B8wHSYZ.jpg

I just realized how shallow Lana is. I mean, you can see she definitely writes about her men all the time.. Definitely seems to be inspired about their looks. And we are looking at the sometimes bad relationships portrayed in her songs and I honestly think that she thinks that they're too beautiful, it doesn't matter if they are fuck ups. Then with her stage name. It sounded beautiful. All her icons she honestly doesn't seem to know too much about but she's inspired by their face, a quick listen of a song.

Her video clips, she said she was inspired about how they looked, while most people would choose them for the significance, I think Lana's videos really appeal because they're different and beautiful because she chose clips for their beauty. Also, her clothing choices. I think she thinks each clothing item looks great on their own and puts them together (example blue maxi dress with loafers) and doesn't think about if they look good together, because those are her favorite clothing pieces, they're pretty, Etc.

And then definitely all her talk about being electric, alive and shit - her adjectives and adverbs and verbs are so grandiose I would feel ridiculous using them. But she doesn't because she has a little bit of a shallow mind. That's why we see such weird imagery and such vivid imagery in her songs.

And then the smoking. I don't think she thinks about the health cons, but rather how it looks..kinda maybe the reason she started smoking? Her weird ass technicolor tropico and dialogue and shit all that shit appeals to her BECAUSE SHE IS SHALLOW. Yes, I think she is a smart person in some aspects, but her shallowness overwhelms me sometimes.

And then all that trailer trash stuff, I think those flamingoes and flowers were just so pretty to her maybe a reason she fixated in them. Definitely her weird descriptions of herself on her myspace and Facebook were because those things just looked and sounded beautiful.

She's an entertainer, a very good one. Beautiful scenery and great music IS very entertaining. Maybe she aims at entertaining both herself and the audience.

She's very visual and she's giving us her visions, I feel grateful that she does. Some people find her weird. I find her unique.

I'm kind of worried about her next album, because I didn't like Paradise all that much when compared to Born To Die. The songs were nice, but they all sound kind of samey and it's hard for me to point at the best one. For some reason, my mind chooses to think about Cola and Gods and monsters as the same song.

Ride is okay, but not that great...and so on. :pft:
I like AFFA, but the repetition of the title is ridiculous. I found it beautiful when I heard it first time, but then I was like "Okay Lana, we get it: they were angels forever, forever angels... can we move on with the lyrics? Thanks". I feel like she hammers the point too hard into listener's head. :suicide:

i am nothing and should be everything

To be honest, I wouldn't use 'shallow', her obsession with imagery and what she perceives as beauty is much weirder than something as simple as being shallow. I think every artist is quite fixed on an aspect of life and the world - and to really talk and feel something deeply you have to let it posses you. Be the one thing that's always on your mind. I find Lana's obsession with beautiful words, beautiful imagery, beautiful people etc. really fascinating, I really think there's depth to it in an insane way. 

tumblr_n746y8etXI1qa35sao1_500.gif

To be honest, I wouldn't use 'shallow', her obsession with imagery and what she perceives as beauty is much weirder than something as simple as being shallow. I think every artist is quite fixed on an aspect of life and the world - and to really talk and feel something deeply you have to let it posses you. Be the one thing that's always on your mind. I find Lana's obsession with beautiful words, beautiful imagery, beautiful people etc. really fascinating, I really think there's depth to it in an insane way.

I really love what you wrote here and I can definitely see what you are saying, makes a lot more sense.. But I can definitely see how what she does would be perceived as shallow. But how does one get THAT obsessed with Imagery, people, words?

B8wHSYZ.jpg

I really love what you wrote here and I can definitely see what you are saying, makes a lot more sense.. But I can definitely see how what she does would be perceived as shallow. But how does one get THAT obsessed with Imagery, people, words?

I know what you mean, it's a thin line between shallow/obsession with pretty visuals. I think she's just an odd person, she can seem very normal but with the kind of songs that came out of her mind I always believe otherwise :creep:

tumblr_n746y8etXI1qa35sao1_500.gif

I think there's also a degree of dealing with emotional pain by finding comfort in beauty. I don't know, maybe I'm projecting. But I spent the first part of my life internalizing the Protestant ethic of plain-ness (in which beauty or anything non-utilitarian is seen as suspect, sometimes sinful... I think generally speaking, the Catholic expression of Christianity has embraced beauty more). And for me, it was downright depressing to always be chasing what my culture taught me was "useful." Now that I've opened my heart up more to appreciating the beautiful things in the world, I'm a lot happier. I can be driving to work, entirely too early in the morning, but then when I notice the way the sunlight hits the dew on the rearview mirror, lighting it up with a beautiful golden glow... I just feel grateful :D (It's just a visceral reaction, and takes too long to explain... but you know what I mean?)

39150648115_3584eac590_o.png

I know what you mean, it's a thin line between shallow/obsession with pretty visuals. I think she's just an odd person, she can seem very normal but with the kind of songs that came out of her mind I always believe otherwise :creep:

I think there's also a degree of dealing with emotional pain by finding comfort in beauty. I don't know, maybe I'm projecting. But I spent the first part of my life internalizing the Protestant ethic of plain-ness (in which beauty or anything non-utilitarian is seen as suspect, sometimes sinful... I think generally speaking, the Catholic expression of Christianity has embraced beauty more). And for me, it was downright depressing to always be chasing what my culture taught me was "useful." Now that I've opened my heart up more to appreciating the beautiful things in the world, I'm a lot happier. I can be driving to work, entirely too early in the morning, but then when I notice the way the sunlight hits the dew on the rearview mirror, lighting it up with a beautiful golden glow... I just feel grateful :D (It's just a visceral reaction, and takes too long to explain... but you know what I mean?)

OMG guys, thanks for having a great conversation with me! This was really interesting to see other peoples opinions and thoughts about it cause I've been thinking about it for a while. I'm actually being currently raised in the Protestant faith. However, while my mom thinks looking attractive is important, she definitely downplays anything too flashy and definitely demeans things as shallow or a lot of things that could be considered beautiful as unimportant because they are only skin deep. It's weird, we dress up for church and I feel weirdo walking into church every Sunday dressed up so much, but then sitting in the pews dressed in your finery you feel important and you feel like you are in a beautiful situation.

B8wHSYZ.jpg

I feel that a lot of people are gonna kill me for that, but...

Recently, a lot of young people of all sexual orientations and gender identities wear beanie hats with "I wanna f*ck Lana Del Rey" slogan.

While I don't mind that - it's their choice(isn't that awfully objectifying Lana, though?), I have to confess that I find Lana's sexbomb status a Memetic Mutation and Flanderization at best. I don't find her sexy at all. When she wears make-up and is styled(like in my avatar), she looks beautiful. Without make-up and in casual clothes, she's cute in a "girl next door" way.

Different people have different tastes, I guess.

I feel that a lot of people are gonna kill me for that, but...

Recently, a lot of young people of all sexual orientations and gender identities wear beanie hats with "I wanna f*ck Lana Del Rey" slogan.

While I don't mind that - it's their choice(isn't that awfully objectifying Lana, though?), I have to confess that I find Lana's sexbomb status a Memetic Mutation and Flanderization at best. I don't find her sexy at all. When she wears make-up and is styled(like in my avatar), she looks beautiful. Without make-up and in casual clothes, she's cute in a "girl next door" way.

Different people have different tastes, I guess.

What? I've never seen those hats. Is it an internet thing or have you seen them where you live?

Oh, I suppose they got popular in Poland? You can buy them online. The whole "I wanna f*ck LDR" thing became kind of an meme.

You can see photo of the beanie hat under spoiler.

il_570xN.448363284_2xi7.jpg

I'm kind of worried about her next album, because I didn't like Paradise all that much when compared to Born To Die. The songs were nice, but they all sound kind of samey and it's hard for me to point at the best one. For some reason, my mind chooses to think about Cola and Gods and monsters as the same song.

Ride is okay, but not that great...and so on. :pft:

I like AFFA, but the repetition of the title is ridiculous. I found it beautiful when I heard it first time, but then I was like "Okay Lana, we get it: they were angels forever, forever angels... can we move on with the lyrics? Thanks". I feel like she hammers the point too hard into listener's head. :suicide:

Ok hold on slow down , slow down :smokes3:

AFFA is definitely not the finished version, and im sure the "angels forever, forever angels" is used as filler space until Lana added more layers of lyrics.

And......I guess I like the Paradise songs in a different way than I like the BTD songs. I dont think I could point to the "best" song on BTD either, but that's just me.

That my 2 cents

:bye2:

Ok hold on slow down , slow down :smokes3:

AFFA is definitely not the finished version, and im sure the "angels forever, forever angels" is used as filler space until Lana added more layers of lyrics.

And......I guess I like the Paradise songs in a different way than I like the BTD songs. I dont think I could point to the "best" song on BTD either, but that's just me.

That my 2 cents
:bye2:

I hope that you're right about AFFA, other than the minor complaint, it's a lovely song. I wish I liked the Paradise songs more, they're just not my cup of tea...

I already awfully miss the Born To Die era, and I'm worried about Ultraviolence.... especially after Black Beauty leaks and Tropico.

I'm worried that she's gonna change her style and lose what made me love her in the first place - the vintage feel, dark and romantic themes... a certain amount of subtlety and class.

I really hope that I'm wrong!

I already awfully miss the Born To Die era, and I'm worried about Ultraviolence.... especially after Black Beauty leaks and Tropico.

I'm worried that she's gonna change her style and lose what made me love her in the first place - the vintage feel, dark and romantic themes... a certain amount of subtlety and class.

I really hope that I'm wrong!

I couldn't agree more w/ you.   :really:

I'm glad that I'm not the only one in my worry... I'm worried that she's going to change to full-blown mainstream celebrity like Lady Gaga or Katy Perry.

And I'm not trying to say that Lana Del Rey wasn't mainstream before - of course she was, but she had style that made her different from all the other pop singers.

BTW, I love your sig, Pale Moonlight- lots of my personal favourites in it :delish:

I'm glad that I'm not the only one in my worry... I'm worried that she's going to change to full-blown mainstream celebrity like Lady Gaga or Katy Perry.

And I'm not trying to say that Lana Del Rey wasn't mainstream before - of course she was, but she had style that made her different from all the other pop singers.

BTW, I love your sig, Pale Moonlight- lots of my personal favourites in it :delish:

Marry me  :deadbanana: