MermaidTrailerHeaven

Lana's Vocal Range

i adore her range and agree with what was discussed here! she is singular ♥ i have to leave now, but will return :)

please do take those classes - FYI i was 27 when i started  :toofunny:  you really won't regret it...i postponed it for years because i thought "if i didn't learn when i was younger..." and it's just ridiculous, because you love it and you'd be doing it for yourself and that is so fulfilling!

I really think I will! Thank you so much, you've inspired me to.

Low Notes Reached:

Now I have not watched all these videos through at this moment. In some of them it appears a little "hit or miss", sometimes she gets the note, other she doesn't. Just a few examples though!

This one she does both versions

Gorgeous performance

Notes Struggled:

Sometimes you can hear her landing above the note by accident, or her voice sort of gravel as it is pushed and stressed, and then sometimes she avoids the notes on purpose.

Just a few examples :)

i think in this performance she did good but idk about the range and staff

Low Notes Reached:

Now I have not watched all these videos through at this moment. In some of them it appears a little "hit or miss", sometimes she gets the note, other she doesn't. Just a few examples though!

This one she does both versions

Gorgeous performance

Notes Struggled:

Sometimes you can hear her landing above the note by accident, or her voice sort of gravel as it is pushed and stressed, and then sometimes she avoids the notes on purpose.

Just a few examples :)

Oh she can definitively hit those notes, I think her problem seems to be that she just doesn't give a fuck and sings however she feels even if it sounds funny.. Also she seems to get nervous in some performances, and sing with no technique at all, which may be why she avoids the note, but everytime she tries it it comes out, so she's probably just tense and afraid she will crack or something.. anyway yeah thats definitively part of her range..

EDIT: I don't hear any B2 anywhere.... anyone??

In Blue Velvet the lowest note is C3 and in Ride opening F3.. So I don't get why people say she's doing that note..

She uses her singing voice in so many different ways. Yes, especially during live performances this sometimes may sound odd, but I enjoy hearing her wide timbre and seemingly endless vocal possibilities. 

That's what I love about her voice. It seems she likes to explore it. It's crazy how it can be high and low at the same time. It's like she had different voices.

High Notes (From lowest to highest)

C5    (Blue Jeans, Kinda Outta Luck, Dier Mtn Dew,This is What Makes Us Girls)

C#5  (West Coast, Summer Wine, Dark Paradise, Video Games live in American Idol)

D5    (American)

Eb5  (Million Dollar Man live at Hackney Weekend 2012)

E5    (Heart-Shaped Box cover)

F5    (Tired of Singing the Blues)

F#5  (National Anthem live at the Itunes Festival 2012)

G5    (Off to the Races)

G#5  (Cola, Million Dollar Man live version)

A5    (Tired of Singing the Blues, Axl Rose Husband)

Bb5  (Yayo live at the Cutting Room 2007)

B5    (Off to the Races live at Mod Club, Toronto 2011)

C6    (Cola live 2014) Vocal Fail

C#6  (Cola)

Eb6  (Kinda Outta Luck) Non-sung and non-impressive

G#6  (Million Dollar Man live) Non-sung and non-impressive

Low Notes (From Highest to Lowest)

F3   (Blue Jeans)

E3   (American, Bel Air, Off to the Races)

Eb3 (Yayo)

D3   (Burning Desire, Young and Beautiful)

C#3 (Summertime Sadness, West Coast)

C3   (Ride, Million Dollar Man live, Blue Velvet)

F#2 (West Coast) Vocal-fry and non-impressive

For those that want to know. 

what is this non-impressive nonsense

It means that either she didn't sing it but spoke it or exclaimed it, or she didn't use her vocal chords to produce the note, or she inhaled while she was doing it.

It means that either she didn't sing it but spoke it or exclaimed it, or she didn't use her vocal chords to produce the note, or she inhaled while she was doing it.

hahaha i understand what unimpressive means. i just don't think she has a single solitary "bad" live performance

l2Sq4K7gijMLVChUI.gif

I found this idk

I have no idea where that A2 came from because I can't hear any in that song, the harmony is higher, lead vocals aren't that low, so i don't know...

The Bb2 in Off to the Races sounds like a D3 to me but I could be wrong, it's spoken so it's hard for me to pitch it correctly lol. Maybe someone with a better ear?

But all of her sung low notes both live and studio (from what I've heard) end in a C3. 

hahaha i understand what unimpressive means. i just don't think she has a single solitary "bad" live performance

I agree with you but when I say unimpressive I'm refering to the note alone lel

Awesome! But what do you mean by vocal fail???

She failed to reach the high note so she did that one (out of tune)  :toofunny:

She does the same note in the National Anthem bridge screams several times though

She failed to reach the high note so she did that one (out of tune)  :toofunny:

She does the same note in the National Anthem bridge screams several times though

So she does hit the note in the NA bridge???? Sorry I'm stupid

I AM MY ONLY GOD

So she does hit the note in the NA bridge???? Sorry I'm stupid

Sorry, I didn't explain myself in the right way. The highest note in Cola you know which one it is, the ones in National Anthem are the "auh" screams in the background during the bridge (those are all the same note but I didn't include them here because they are not even sung but "screamed").

The high note in Cola is slightly higher than the one in National Anthem.

During the live performance she failed to reach the Cola high note, her voice cracked and she reached a lower note instead. That lower note happens to be the same note she reached in National Anthem.

Now, If you play National Anthem and Cola at the same time it will sound like a mess. This is because they're in different "tones".  Since the high note in National Anthem is in a different tone than Cola, she sang out of tune for that moment when she reached the wrong note. So it's a fail note  :P

The result: it sounded like shit  ;)

(but she still hit a sung note so I included it here)