Sign in to follow this  
Guest Dot

Get Drunk - Version á la BTD by Vitamin-LDR [Work in Progress]

Guest Dot

Okay so here's my first attempt at creating a Born to Die-styled instrumental version for one of my favourite acoustic Lana Del Rey demos.

Suggestions and critique are desired. <- Correct me if I was using wrong grammar...

i like it but it needs a loon, the infamous scream and rly heavy beats to be truly btd-esque lol

Caesar said he’d fall in love with me if I was older. I own all of Mexico and I got my own roller-coaster.

Guest Dot

i like it but it needs a loon, the infamous scream and rly heavy beats to be truly btd-esque lol

Do you know where to get the loon audio from? Hahaha...

I'm definately gonna use heavier drums. What I did here was building the base frame and I'm gonna build the rest around this.

Do you know where to get the loon audio from? Hahaha...

I made a little file with two loons (one from synth, one filtered from MDM), the backbeat from Dark Paradise and the shouting from BTD. I know it's not much but hopefully maybe you can use it!

I like the sound of it so far but it's really repetitive so maybe you can cover up the sound of the acoustic guitar by adding a chorus with a good heavy beat! 

Guest Dot

I made a little file with two loons (one from synth, one filtered from MDM), the backbeat from Dark Paradise and the shouting from BTD. I know it's not much but hopefully maybe you can use it!

I like the sound of it so far but it's really repetitive so maybe you can cover up the sound of the acoustic guitar by adding a chorus with a good heavy beat!

OMG this is perfect! Thx so much!

This is very nice, well done. I can't wait to hear what you do with the samples and heavier drums. I think the instrumental would benefit from some variation; perhaps heavier drums in the chorus and softer ones through the verses.

Guest Dot

This is very nice, well done. I can't wait to hear what you do with the samples and heavier drums. I think the instrumental would benefit from some variation; perhaps heavier drums in the chorus and softer ones through the verses.

Yes, that's what I was going to do. I'm gonna play with it a little bit and see how it'll work out.

Guest Dot

I'm so excited for the finished product. :flutter: 

May I ask what program you're using to make this? I would love to be able to make things like this in my spare time..

I'm using the producer edition of FL Studio. It's a little complicated in the beginning, but as soon as you start working with it for a while it gets way easier.

Guest Dot

Oh my god this is perfect. Are you planning to filter out the original vocals and layer them over this?

Yes, I am. I already tried to make one but I'm not that good at filtering so I need to figure out how to do this after I finished the instrumental. ;)

Hint hint I think I'd die of happiness if you could do something like this for Disco.

I'll definately consider it! I need to get into that song first, though. ;)

Guest Dot

I love it! You definitely captured the dark mood of the song. "How do u like me now?" :icant:

Thank you! This was exactly what I was aiming for. Keeping the darkness and melancholy of the song. I think I was heavily inspired by Video Games, Million Dollar Man, Hit and Run (Version 2) and the live version of Body Electric while creating this.

Guest Dot

I put your instrumental together with the song, and it sounds very nice.

I can't wait for your improved version^^

Awesome! Let me hear! ;)

Awesome! Let me hear! ;)

I literally just put the song and your instrumental together into Audacity and played it, it's really simple but they worked :)