yu16273947

CHVRCHES

So there I am again

browsing in the Entertainment Section

and see that there is no CHVRHCHES Topic

so

I will introduce you the band and post a few songs of them. They are awesome. You really have to check them out.

CHVRCHES

Chvrches (pronounced as "churches" and sometimes stylized as CHVRCHES) are a Scottish electropop band from Glasgow, formed in 2011. The group consists of Lauren Mayberry (lead vocals, additional synthesizers),Iain Cook (synthesizers, guitar, vocals), and Martin Doherty (synthesizers, vocals).

Chvrches came fifth on the BBC's Sound of 2013 list of the most promising new music talent. In March 2013 they released Recover EP.

Music Style

Chvrches' music style is usually tagged as electronic or synthpopNeon Gold described their sound as "a godless hurricane of kinetic pop energy". Kitty Empire of the Observer wrote they "make accessible electro-pop that's only just short of truly brilliant".

Chvrches are influenced by acts such as Prince, Tubeway Army, Robyn, Laurie Anderson, Depeche Mode, Kate Bush, and Elliott Smith. The band writes, records, mixes, and masters their songs in a basement studio in Glasgow.

(source : wikipedia)

PICS

tumblr_me27r2YfGG1ryrolq.png

Chvrches-1.jpeg

chvrches.jpg

Music Videos

Gun

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktoaj1IpTbw

Their SC (where you can find more official stuff of them)

https://soundcloud.com/chvrches

Seen CHVCHES live two months ago and omg it was amazing and Lauren is unbeliavable cute. 

and btw

The new album is coming out September 23 (The Bones Of What You Believe)

Probably an hour before you made this topic, I heard a song from them and came to LanaBoards to search for an area to beg for downloads.

So tonight, are you gonna be my soldier? sHcQD9C.gif

No, I liked the song a lot and at least want an idea of what I'm getting into, they don't have any secrets or hundreds of songs beyond their releases, right?

Probably an hour before you made this topic, I heard a song from them and came to LanaBoards to search for an area to beg for downloads.

So tonight, are you gonna be my soldier? sHcQD9C.gif

No, I liked the song a lot and at least want an idea of what I'm getting into, they don't have any secrets or hundreds of songs beyond their releases, right?

Yes   :smile:

and

No (not really)

Of course they have demos you can find on YouTube but there are not many secrets. (They Band is very young...)

Oh, I love CHVRCHES. They remind me of a more secular, less organic Purity Ring, and their music is so sparkly and beautiful...I really like every song but "ZVVL". "Gun" especially has grown on me a lot...when it first came out, I thought it was boring and simple, but now it just leaves me even more excited for the album this fall...is it really gonna be called "Lies"?

Oh, I love CHVRCHES. They remind me of a more secular, less organic Purity Ring, and their music is so sparkly and beautiful...I really like every song but "ZVVL". "Gun" especially has grown on me a lot...when it first came out, I thought it was boring and simple, but now it just leaves me even more excited for the album this fall...is it really gonna be called "Lies"?

and btw

The new album is coming out September 23 (The Bones Of What You Believe)

Yeah so wait until the new album comes out for more Songs where Ian sings.

but here are two other nice songs where you can hear his voice haha

Tide

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gJIjGENSds

We Sink

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UNhKpjlzNc

Can I get a dl for their discography? Please?

I only have the Recover EP so I second this request for any singles / demos / other scattered songs.

Yeah so wait until the new album comes out for more Songs where Ian sings.

but here are two other nice songs where you can hear his voice haha

Yay! I really, really like his voice and accent. And thanks! :D

919ceea0464eb5a3daad20d59bcb188c.gif            3ca7984fc9b72d5b7ff1941e270eb9a2.png

I love them <3 they are coming to Boston the same week as Charli XCX and Icona Pop... ugh I want to see all of them but why do they all have to come the same week!? I haven't gotten tickets for them yet but I probably will soon, assuming they don't sell out.

ugh i saw them perform live at a festival called Firefly and she was so good and v v tiny  :defeated:

i love this band. Gun and Lies are by far my favorite songs mmmmmmm and Recover is good too

tumblr_pinn5thM7y1y0ns5so1_400.gif

PopJustice posted the tracklisting! :cuteface: 

No "ZVVL", either. :D

1. The Mother We Share

2. We Sink

3. Gun

4. Tether

5. Lies

6. Under The Tide

7. Recover

8. Night Sky

9. Science/Visions

10. Lungs

11. By The Throat

12. You Caught The Light

13. Strong Hand

14. Broken Bones

15. Gun (KDA Remix)

16. The Mother We Share (We Were Promised Jetpacks remix)

17. Recover (Live at Village Underground)

18. Lies (Live at Village Underground)