Sign in to follow this  
PennCentralFan

How much would you pay for Lana VIP packages in North America if she has them?

I really didn't appreciate how some of the fans acted at the House of Blues. When I was waiting in line, I really only met 8 really friendly people. One girl came up to four of us, completely randomly, and said "if any of you try to run past me to the front, I will have no problem punching you in the face!" I understand that if you were waiting for a long time, it wouldn't be fair if you didn't get the spot you expected to, but once everyone gets released into the venue, it's a free-for-all.

Yeah there were some people at lolla who acted like they had some divine right to be up front and pushed their way through after frightened rabbit and in the intermission. No one has any right to be upfront unless you paid specifically to be up front. I heard someone say at lolla about me that I was like a brick wall in that I wouldn't move. LOL. 

christ! it's just something i've never bothered with. i always get standing tickets for shows and try and push my way to the front. it's been fool proof so far, but i have no idea what concerts are like in the states. i imagine the lana ones are more rowdy there since lana rarely plays in the US.

In my opinion just pushing your way through to the front would make people mad in the States regardless of how many shows she has played. From my experience in the US you either pay for up front seats or you get there early for up front seats. Pushing your way through isn't well tolerated UNLESS you like came with friends who saved your spot and you like told the others around you you have to go to the bathroom or want to get something to drink in case you better bring drinks for others. 

In my opinion just pushing your way through to the front would make people mad in the States regardless of how many shows she has played. From my experience in the US you either pay for up front seats or you get there early for up front seats. Pushing your way through isn't well tolerated UNLESS you like came with friends who saved your spot and you like told the others around you you have to go to the bathroom or want to get something to drink in case you better bring drinks for others. 

i don't do seats at gigs, never ever. sure it gets people mad, but i want to see lana. i have to get nearer the front anyway because as i've said before, i'm tiny. and the venues in the uk, when you sit it's so awkward and you can't see a damn thing. people always push at gigs anyway, and i get why. 

4r9w86.jpg

i don't do seats at gigs, never ever. sure it gets people mad, but i want to see lana. i have to get nearer the front anyway because as i've said before, i'm tiny. and the venues in the uk, when you sit it's so awkward and you can't see a damn thing. people always push at gigs anyway, and i get why. 

I know what you mean. But at places with floors pushing your way through may not be tolerated if you didn't get there early and no one will care if you're short or that you HAVE to be near. Basically in the US if you want to be in the first row at floor shows you have to get there early and pushing your way through may not work in that people won't let you through regardless of how much you try.

Now at theater and arena shows were people pay more to be upfront you most likely won't get through in that they have ushers and security and you have to show your ticket to be upfront.  The concert business is changing in North America. For many acts you have to pay to get up front and the ushers and security make sure only those who paid gets up front.

The US is more about you either pay to get up front or you earn your spot up front by getting their early and waiting. It's more fair that way. 

When I absolutely want to watch a concert up front, I get there early. How early depends on how important the band / artist are to me (twice in my life I waited for 8+ hours because it really meant A LOT to me to watch the show as close as possible to the stage). It's irritating as all hell when people arrive much later and try to push their way to the front / take your place (sometimes just as the concert is about to begin) - and I don't think being annoyed at that is an exclusively American thing, I think it's pretty much universal. To me it's basic concert etiquette, tbh.

Yes, I can be a real bitch sometimes. :crossed:

919ceea0464eb5a3daad20d59bcb188c.gif            3ca7984fc9b72d5b7ff1941e270eb9a2.png

The way they handle concerts in North America sounds so much better! The reason I always get shitty seating tickets is to avoid the hassle of people being pushy :defeated:

When I absolutely want to watch a concert up front, I get there early. How early depends on how important the band / artist are to me (twice in my life I waited for 8+ hours because it really meant A LOT to me to watch the show as close as possible to the stage). It's irritating as all hell when people arrive much later and try to push their way to the front / take your place (sometimes just as the concert is about to begin) - and I don't think being annoyed at that is an exclusively American thing, I think it's pretty much universal. To me it's basic concert etiquette, tbh.

:flutter: I'm only 5 foot, and I wouldn't dream of pushing in front of someone clearly ahead of me ever, in any walk of life, shops, trains, nothing.

lanasigfinal_zpsfd0fc6ee.png

if people weren't constantly waving their phones around like lunatics, it'd be far easier to see at concerts. that's why i push. not like 'boom get the fuck out of my way' kind of push, i just sort of circle around people slowly. although, at the lana gig, some very nice people kindly took me to the front and said i could go in front of them. i politely asked because one guy was so tall and i'm so not. i don't push people's backs or whatever, that's plain rude, i just circle around everybody. 

I know what you mean. But at places with floors pushing your way through may not be tolerated if you didn't get there early and no one will care if you're short or that you HAVE to be near. Basically in the US if you want to be in the first row at floor shows you have to get there early and pushing your way through may not work in that people won't let you through regardless of how much you try.

Now at theater and arena shows were people pay more to be upfront you most likely won't get through in that they have ushers and security and you have to show your ticket to be upfront.  The concert business is changing in North America. For many acts you have to pay to get up front and the ushers and security make sure only those who paid gets up front.

The US is more about you either pay to get up front or you earn your spot up front by getting their early and waiting. It's more fair that way. 

good thing i'll never have to worry about any of this since i'm british and all the bands i like play over here. i don't know how arrangements even work in the states in regards to seating, but i know it sucks over here. i like standing, you get way more up and personal with the artist. people putting their phones up is far worse and i seriously think it should get banned. 

4r9w86.jpg

if people weren't constantly waving their phones around like lunatics, it'd be far easier to see at concerts. that's why i push. not like 'boom get the fuck out of my way' kind of push, i just sort of circle around people slowly. although, at the lana gig, some very nice people kindly took me to the front and said i could go in front of them. i politely asked because one guy was so tall and i'm so not. i don't push people's backs or whatever, that's plain rude, i just circle around everybody. 

Yeah if people let you in then fine. But at the lolla show it was so crushing within the first 20 yards that when someone tried to move through the crowd sort of moved like a wave and you had no control over where you were going and people were pushed around and almost crushed. 

Yeah if people let you in then fine. But at the lolla show it was so crushing within the first 20 yards that when someone tried to move through the crowd sort of moved like  wave and you had no control over where you were going and people were pushed around and almost crushed. 

oh jesus! that sounds awful. at the manchester apollo it was kind of spread out, which was good. the venue still sucked though, gotta say. i do understand what everyone's saying about pushing, it is annoying when people go in front of you, but like, everyone wants to be there surely. 

4r9w86.jpg

In all honesty, I would probably pay more to sit up front if the venue was an arena or convention center. It sucks that that is a way to actually see and be comfortable, but the concert scene isn't necessarily my thing. I just go if it's someone I desperately want to see. I've already started putting away money for when Lana tours the US officially in the next year or two so I can get what I'd like.

i hope she never sells vip tickets, they're always excessively expensive. i paid 30 pounds, got there at like 6 am and was in the middle of the front row, exactly in front of lana. i'd maybe pay like 100-150 pounds for a meet & greet if it was a decent one where i could talk to he for a while, take a picture etc. in a relaxed enviroment. i know that with for example 1d, taylor swift & justin bieber a meet & greet consists of taking a picture with them, exchanging like 1 sentence and then leaving and that costs like 300-400 pounds. u could get a pic with lana for free if u get to the front row. taylor swift also has a thing called club red or t-party where her mom, friends, management etc. walk around the venue throughout the show and pick out the 20 most enthusiastic fans and they get to go to a tent where they get to meet taylor, her family and crew for free (and there's food!). that's kinda cool but the chances of being one of those 20 out of a 15,000 ppl venue is so slim.

tbh i'd just get standing tickets and get to the venue rly early. i waited for about 13 hours and it wasn't very comfortable but i forgot all about it when lana walked out, it was rly worth it. I've been a fan for like 2 years and finally getting to see her up close is definitely worth waiting on the cold ground the entire day. vip passes & stuff seem rly greedy to me.

Caesar said he’d fall in love with me if I was older. I own all of Mexico and I got my own roller-coaster.

i hope she never sells vip tickets, they're always excessively expensive. i paid 30 pounds, got there at like 6 am and was in the middle of the front row, exactly in front of lana. i'd maybe pay like 100-150 pounds for a meet & greet if it was a decent one where i could talk to he for a while, take a picture etc. in a relaxed enviroment. i know that with for example 1d, taylor swift & justin bieber a meet & greet consists of taking a picture with them, exchanging like 1 sentence and then leaving and that costs like 300-400 pounds. u could get a pic with lana for free if u get to the front row. taylor swift also has a thing called club red or t-party where her mom, friends, management etc. walk around the venue throughout the show and pick out the 20 most enthusiastic fans and they get to go to a tent where they get to meet taylor, her family and crew for free (and there's food!). that's kinda cool but the chances of being one of those 20 out of a 15,000 ppl venue is so slim.

tbh i'd just get standing tickets and get to the venue rly early. i waited for about 13 hours and it wasn't very comfortable but i forgot all about it when lana walked out, it was rly worth it. I've been a fan for like 2 years and finally getting to see her up close is definitely worth waiting on the cold ground the entire day. vip passes & stuff seem rly greedy to me.

I totally respect that you took the time and waited and did what it took. The older you get the harder it is to do that so do that now. 

How did you handle food, water, bathrooms and so on?

I totally respect that you took the time and waited and did what it took. The older you get the harder it is to do that so do that now. 

How did you handle food, water, bathrooms and so on?

people in the line were p good, they knew who was in front or behind of them and saved places when ppl went away. like, i went away for like 1 1/2 hours to go to the bathroom, drink, eat & meet some friends further back in the line and when i got back i still had my place

Caesar said he’d fall in love with me if I was older. I own all of Mexico and I got my own roller-coaster.

Just arrive early? I arrived 6am like Lola and was front row, and it is very much worth it. I cannot stand people pushing their way to the front if they arrived late, that is so arrogant. No one deserves a front row spot, but if you arrived later than that person it's not nice to just push your way in front of them. Like some girls ran past me at the concert and stood on the barrier, so I pushed in front of them, because bro, I arrived at 6am and you ran past me. But I wouldn't pay 300-400 as it's so easy to meet Lana, and for free. I'm pretty sure she wouldn't do meet and greets anyways because she's not like that. 

tumblr_mucs0g8rNl1skf1lro1_250.gif