Please be careful sharing Sparklejumpropequeen links, they can potentially have your full e-mail on them ×
RileyThomas

Nicki Minaj

It's not about 'white privilege'

it's about racism being used as fucking cop out excuse for people to get angry over stupid shit that has nothing to do with racism, in this case a fucking irrelevant MTV award nomination. She picked the most idiotic thing to get upset over instead of picking something actually important to bring up discrimination in the music industry 

Unless you're willing to partake in an educated dialogue about this I suggest you leave

i agree that she chose the wrong time + place for the argument (it makes her look like she's trying to pull the race card to get a VMA nomination), but you can't deny that her points are valid.

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

i agree that she chose the wrong time + place for the argument (it makes her look like she's trying to pull the race card to get a VMA nomination), but you can't deny that her points are valid.

Oh I'm not saying her points are invalid, racism/discrimination is rampant in the music industry

but to say that's the reasoning behind not getting a nomination in a specific category when she got a BEST FEMALE nomination is stupid, I'd understand her points if she was snubbed completely but she can't possibly think racism is behind not getting VOTY when she's under best female

Why is it so difficult for her to grasp that the video was simply shit and doesn't deserve that prestigious of a title

BzhmW.png

Oh I'm not saying her points are invalid, racism/discrimination is rampant in the music industry

but to say that's the reasoning behind not getting a nomination in a specific category when she got a BEST FEMALE nomination is stupid, I'd understand her points if she was snubbed completely but she can't possibly think racism is behind not getting VOTY when she's under best female

Why is it so difficult for her to grasp that the video was simply shit and doesn't deserve that prestigious of a title

Because it wasn't just a shit video, it garnered SO much attention and had such a huge impact; the internet was buzzing with memes and the like about the video. People were actively talking about it, both those who disliked it and those who like it. It was such a massive video that it's impossible to just disregard it as being "shit" and undeserving of a nomination. Besides, why did Wrecking Ball get nominated (and successfully win)? It was just as "shit" - a white woman swinging naked on a wrecking ball and licking various tools. People talked about it in the same way they talked about Anaconda and I just can't fathom why Anaconda was snubbed for the exact same reasons that Wrecking Ball won.

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

Because it wasn't just a shit video, it garnered SO much attention and had such a huge impact; the internet was buzzing with memes and the like about the video. People were actively talking about it, both those who disliked it and those who like it. It was such a massive video that it's impossible to just disregard it as being "shit" and undeserving of a nomination. Besides, why did Wrecking Ball get nominated (and successfully win)? It was just as "shit" - a white woman swinging naked on a wrecking ball and licking various tools. People talked about it in the same way they talked about Anaconda and I just can't fathom why Anaconda was snubbed for the exact same reasons that Wrecking Ball won.

Because people expect that out of Nicki...

NO ONE saw Miley doing that. NO ONE. Never in a million years would I have expected to see a video from her like that

BzhmW.png

Because people expect that out of Nicki...

NO ONE saw Miley doing that. NO ONE. Never in a million years would I have expected to see a video from her like that

Tbh, people did expect another risqué video from Miley after We Can't Stop.

And so what if it was expected from Nicki? It doesn't remove the fact that it was a REALLY important video and deserved recognition. The idea that one must be unexpected in their videos in order for them to be good is silly. So many artists have churned out similar videos that are expected yet innovative and have been nominated. Anaconda is for sure one of those - tell me where I can find a mainstream video in the same vein (and don't just mean.one with white girls twerking, I mean a video with WOC celebrating their bodies)?

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

Tbh, people did expect another risqué video from Miley after We Can't Stop.

And so what if it was expected from Nicki? It doesn't remove the fact that it was a REALLY important video and deserved recognition. The idea that one must be unexpected in their videos in order for them to be good is silly. So many artists have churned out similar videos that are expected yet innovative and have been nominated. Anaconda is for sure one of those - tell me where I can find a mainstream video in the same vein (and don't just mean.one with white girls twerking, I mean a video with WOC celebrating their bodies)?

Beyonce

tumblr_ni9eu5I7Qh1qzmb8eo5_500.png

I read that it was just a leaked outtake. When I first got it, it was labelled as Wamables, the Japan exclusive. I just found out today that Wamables was a completely different song.

Oh shoot I just realized the exact same happened to me. I had "Wamables" labeled wrong too!

H0bDaqU.gif

I read that it was just a leaked outtake. When I first got it, it was labelled as Wamables, the Japan exclusive. I just found out today that Wamables was a completely different song.

It happened to a lot of people, Murda Murda leaked under the name of Wamables, I reckon that it's a PF:RR outtake instead of TPP.

Beyonce

Not really.

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

why would anyone want Wamables though?

It's like a step under an album outtake, they should've never even recorded shit over the beat. They should've dragged it and dropped it out of existence

BzhmW.png