lflflflflflflflflflf

Ultraviolence - Pre-Release Thread

So, the rumors about a new version of Velvet Crowbar seem to be maintaing traction, interestingly. I hope they turn out to be true.

When has this gained traction? Fill me in, I'm curious. Are these rumors?

You guys continue surprise me everyday.  :toofunny:

ONE SINGLE song can be produced by multiple producers by adding additional instruments or layers.

Dan could give Lana an uptempo edge by adding guitars while Emile is doing the beat and Dan heath the orchestra, etc

He might be the main producer of the album but that doesn't mean anything.

You guys continue surprise me everyday.  :toofunny:

ONE SINGLE song can be produced by multiple producers by adding additional instruments or layers.

Dan could give Lana an uptempo edge by adding guitars while Emile is doing the beat and Dan heath the orchestra, etc

He might be the main producer of the album but that doesn't mean anything.

Well I don't really get how this worked because afaik she was working with Dan by herself and Emile and Dan weren't there so... did he just like layer stuff on other tracks or? Because that seems kind of odd to me. Maybe she was working on the Black Beauty-esque album with Emile and Dan, then got pissed when it leaked, forgot about it and recorded an entirely new album with Dan...

Caesar said he’d fall in love with me if I was older. I own all of Mexico and I got my own roller-coaster.

Well I don't really get how this worked because afaik she was working with Dan by herself and Emile and Dan weren't there so... did he just like layer stuff on other tracks or? Because that seems kind of odd to me. Maybe she was working on the Black Beauty-esque album with Emile and Dan, then got pissed when it leaked, forgot about it and recorded an entirely new album with Dan...

then Emike woukdn't have posted pictures od him and Lana in the studio shortly afer she has announced Ultraviolence on his Instagramm account.,

Recording an album takes a biT lomger than the two weeks Lana has spend in Nashville. 

" Record an entire new album with Dan " :lmao:

Gurl.... 

Recording an album take many sessions, you can't just record it in a few weeks.

And you think an artist as big as lana is going to make an entire album of her and ONE producer.  :toofunny:

" did he just like layer stuff on other tracks or? Because that seems kind of odd to me"

That's not odd at all. She might have recorded BRAND NEW tracks with him alone or she might have asked him to add additional production to the existed songs.

I'm thinking she must have finished a majority of the album with Emile/Tim/Dan Heath then head to nashville to finish album (recorded more songs/ or rework the existing songs)

Just like writing a song

LEts say Beyonce who has about 1000 writers in one song.

Do you think she calls all of them to write the song in a single room. :toofunny:

The song has to be written by someone first, then edited or added additional content from other writers until you get the finish product.

" Record an entire new album with Dan " :lmao:

Gurl.... 

Recording an album take many sessions, you can't just record it in a few weeks.

And you think an artist as big as lana is going to make an entire album of her and ONE producer.  :toofunny:

That's not odd at all. She might have recorded BRAND NEW tracks with him alone or she might have asked him to add additional production to the existed songs.

I'm thinking she must have finished a majority of the album with Emile/Tim/Dan Heath then head to nashville to finish album (recorded more songs/ or rework the existing songs)

Just like writing a song

LEts say Beyonce who has about 1000 writers in one song.

Do you think she calls all of them to write the song in a single room. :toofunny:

The song has to be written by someone first, then edited or added additional content from other writers until you get the finish product.

If the songs are done (writing, melody, used instruments etc.) the recording itself can be pretty fast. Foreverly album (Norah Jones + B.J.Amstrong) was recorded  just in 9 days. 

lmao you can record an album in a day if you have everything prepared but who knows (tip: none of us)

Caesar said he’d fall in love with me if I was older. I own all of Mexico and I got my own roller-coaster.

If the songs are done (writing, melody, used instruments etc.) the recording itself can be pretty fast. Foreverly album (Norah Jones + B.J.Amstrong) was recorded  just in 9 days. 

When I say record, I don't mean just RECORD vocals.

I mean the songwriting, production, etc. 

It's not possible for human being to scrape an entire album and make another that fast. 

I don't understand why people are saying that Universal have to set a release date, Lana's label isn't Interscope? Sorry for the question but I am not an expert on these things :)

Water and H2O

ANyway, I don't think we're on the same page anymore.

"Record in a day"

Record what? fart sounds? :lmao:

When I say record, I don't mean just RECORD vocals.

I mean the songwriting, production, etc. 

It's not possible for human being to scrape an entire album and make another that fast. 

Water and H2O

ANyway, I don't think we're on the same page anymore.

"Record in a day"

Record what? fart sounds? :lmao:

I guess some people are superwomen then

tumblr_lm5thgsNbw1qewmu6o1_500.gif

Paradise's vocals were recorded in one take, so yeah if the producers made the instrumentals beforehand, an album can easily be made in a couple of days ???

LORD, I need air.  :lmao:

I can't even comprehend your post! :defeated:

I know that Paradise Vocals were recorded in one take because you can hear the differences in verse 1 and verse 2

Do people here understand what recording an album means? tho :deadbanana:

I mean i'm not an artist but at least I know the concept and read about it.

Are you implying when Lana "Record" an album she simply goes in the studio and sing/record vocals and that's it.  :deadbanana:

Even Zombieney/ Robot ney knows how to pick the good beats over the bad beats and what sound she wants for her album.

So Lana simply walks in and record vocals and Voilà  "UV is finished"

>...................................................................................................................................................

Anywho, From what I can understand the writing, recording vocals, production are usually fused together.  Lana seems to be that kind.

I can imagine most singer songwriters like Lana would sit down with her writer or producer and craft the song together. Sometimes, the lyrics would come first sometimes the melody. Then she would test the vocals and producer would layer production (simple beats, drums, whatever) to get the feeling of the song. This could take days - months.

After they are happy with what they got, Lana would return to studio to record the final vocals (Main Vocals, Ad Libs, etc) and let the producers cut, paste, master it and produce the song. Once again, weeks - months.

Also, Lana could have an existing song that she had written all by herself. She would go in the studio and work with them to edit the lyrics.

Then proceed to record the vocals. AFter that is done, producer proceed to produce the song and she would advise and tell them the sound she wants.

LAna could also have a finished song, but she wants more. She could go to another producer and let them add their own spin to the existing song.

.......................................................................................................................................................

An artist like BritKnee for example would just record her vocals and let the producer do all the work since she doesn't write her songs.

Knee simply picks the best production and say what she likes or doesn't like etc.

I'm just ready for a new single, so we can at least see if the album will be a great or not tbh.

Good or bad, we're all gonna love it tbh. If we can make it through half the unreleased songs, any of Lana's music will do.

I need a break and stop coming here for a while again because I can't take it. :toofunny:

I think there´s misunderstanding of the meaning of "recording". For me the recording is a part of the whole creating of the album. It doesnt mean the creating of full album (with writing lyrics and melody), itself.

I think there´s misunderstanding of the meaning of "recording". For me the recording is a part of the whole creating of the album. It doesnt mean the creating (with writing lyrics and melody), itself.

Exactly, recording an album is a process. It doesn't mean record a voice for me for most people anyway.

Look at me I'm recording my voice using "my iphone"...i just made my very own album.  :facepalm:

k bye.

Why are you getting so riled up, @@Ultra-Violence? You have no idea how Lana has worked on past albums or on this one so calm down and stop acting like you know everything.

Why are you getting so riled up, @@Ultra-Violence? You have no idea how Lana has worked on past albums or on this one so calm down and stop acting like you know everything.

of course, no one knows for sure. I'm just stating the general process.

It's not rocket science. And You don't have to be actual recording artist to know these things?

Oops I said "RECORDING artist" what does that mean now? Trivia, QUIZ??? :creep:

Some posters post the most bizarre things and even after proven wrong they still refuse and think they are right.  :toofunny:

I always assume people know these things, apparently NOT  :toofunny:

It's not rocket science. And You don't have to be actual recording artist to know these things?

Oops I said "RECORDING artist" what does that mean now? Trivia, QUIZ??? :creep:

Some posters post the most bizarre things and even after proven wrong they still refuse and think they are right.  :toofunny:

I always assume people know these things, apparently NOT esp this forum.  :toofunny:

You are being beyond condescending about something you know nothing about, unless you're Lana herself.

You are being beyond condescending about something you know nothing about, unless you're Lana herself.

britfacials6.gif

britfacials6.gif

If I, Moi know nothing then what about a certain poster here? They need jesus.

lol