lflflflflflflflflflf

Ultraviolence - Pre-Release Thread

She's going to sing about really dark topics, I'm pretty sure. Lots of controversy. Look at the title. Ultraviolence. Domestic abuse. Violence. Death. Suicide. Sex. Lolita shit. 

Can't wait for feminist social justice bloggers & maybe Lorde to be super offended.

As a feminist (future blogger), I actually would love her to. Singing about those topics doesn't have to be unfeminist.

Just look at Emilie Autumn's Opheliac record - it perfectly fits your description and it's really feminist at the same time.

It's wrong to assume that being feminist is all about pretending to be a STRONG INDEPENDENT WOMEN (how tempted I was to write Beyonce) WHO DON'T NEED NO MEN AND DOESN'T TAKE ANY BULLSHIT. I think that Lorde needs to realize that yet.

Of course I don't think that Lana's music is the pillar of feminist expression, or that it's even meant to be feminist in the first place, but...yeah. :bye2:

(Not saying that to you, it's just my general thought)

i am nothing and should be everything

New Lana's bio

tumblr_n0s5x6zl1w1sq60v1o1_500.jpg

Her bios have always been hint for new lyrics/song titles so... Roses?  :hooker:

It's actually a part of a poem by T.S. Elliot (Four Quartets). It's really good, you should read it. :)

It's actually a part of a poem by T.S. Elliot (Four Quartets). It's really good, you should read it. :)

Yeah well she put I Sing The Body Electric once too which is also a poem and it ended up being a song  :ohno:

2wn4whw.png

Is Barrie allowed to write songs about people he has met, or something he has seen? Must every woman in his lyrics  have to be Lana? Is every man that Lana writes about Barrie? Because if this is really about Lana, Barrie will be thrown, head first, out of the house.

well, apparently lana and chuck spent valentine's day 2gether, no barrie. which some people don't rly care about val day so not much can be inferred. don't want 2 insinuate 2 much.. but loving someone with depression is very hard.

*** People call me crazy but I'm in demand ***

well, apparently lana and chuck spent valentine's day 2gether, no barrie. which some people don't rly care about val day so not much can be inferred. don't want 2 insinuate 2 much.. but loving someone with depression is very hard.

It's s great source for lyrical inspiration though :cry: the dilemma

Black Beauty, I Don't Wanna Go

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

It's s great source for lyrical inspiration though :cry: the dilemma

Black Beauty, I Don't Wanna Go

Lol I don't wanna go just reminds me of this award show red carpet where lana was lingering / posing in front of cameras as barrie stood to the side and again when she was talking to press and he pulled her away. she is such a little ham and enjoys being adored/the attn that comes w/ fame and he is just so the antithesis of that, I think

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXr-kU4dMMo

[shes so cute in this video lol]

*** People call me crazy but I'm in demand ***

Lol I don't wanna go just reminds me of this award show red carpet where lana was lingering / posing in front of cameras as barrie stood to the side and again when she was talking to press and he pulled her away. she is such a little ham and enjoys being adored/the attn that comes w/ fame and he is just so the antithesis of that, I think

I remember I posted this exact video before when talking about the song. Opposites attract I guess… :O

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

[shes so cute in this video lol]

He has just typical attitude of any "underground" musician who gives a fk about any awards (until they get nominated themselves lmao)

I genuinely can't wait for a darker sound from Lana. I want this album to be so dark  that I feel like crushing the souls of my lesser enemies while listening to it. :smokes4:   The name is promising, I wonder if we'll get any references to A Clockwork Orange other than the title.

bdp3ck.jpg2yor1x4.jpg