lflflflflflflflflflf

Ultraviolence - Pre-Release Thread

I know I've said it before and I'm going to say it again.

I don't know why you guys are constantly expecting a single release every single Tuesday. I don't believe there is a set day for a single to release, and if it is Tuesday, then Lana has only followed that twice. Out of all the singles she's released, two were released on a Tuesday. 

I'm sorry it just kind of irritates me it's a simple concept

I don't get it either. She never confirmed anything. People just get these ideas in their heads and build up insane expectations, then they're mad at Lana and get all dramatic and pissy how they're not waiting anymore (sure sure :creep:), acting as if she owes them something. She will do it her way, shrouded in mystery and all, and calling her a bitch and being whiny won't change that by a single iota. The May 1st thing wasn't even supposed to be a set-in-stone kind of date so it'd be nice if everyone calmed down a bit.

I don't get it either. She never confirmed anything. People just get these ideas in their heads and build up insane expectations, then they're mad at Lana and get all dramatic and pissy how they're not waiting anymore (sure sure :creep:), acting as if she owes them something. She will do it her way, shrouded in mystery and all, and calling her a bitch and being whiny won't change that by a single iota. The May 1st thing wasn't even supposed to be a set-in-stone kind of date so it'd be nice if everyone calmed down a bit.

Then she just should have shut the fuck up, tbh

UV is going to be amazing and that's because so much could go right with it and I am putting that out in the universe because UV is going to be the real story of redemption. 2014 is going to be Lana's year...especially considering she's a Gemini and our yearly horoscopes say so.

This is going to be the most raw and intense album and I am more than willing to bet my cake that the 7-piece live band is going to make UV come alive, and honestly I'd wager that in recording that way, Lana will be entirely in her element no matter if it's in-studio or live. I really think Lana's finding little shifts occurring in how she identifies with herself as an artist. And UV is going to be a testament to her self-discovery post-fame.

well said babe, well said.

tumblr_n405tik71P1ty5b1do2_1280.gif

I know I've said it before and I'm going to say it again.

I don't know why you guys are constantly expecting a single release every single Tuesday. I don't believe there is a set day for a single to release, and if it is Tuesday, then Lana has only followed that twice. Out of all the singles she's released, two were released on a Tuesday.

I'm sorry it just kind of irritates me it's a simple concept

For me, it's all just part of the fun. I love the anticipation before the album drops. It's far from me being angry at Lana because my "expectations" weren't met, as the other user suggested, lol.

There were no fatalities in that earthquake...?

There are according to the news in LA, something like 20 dead and up to 90 people still missing. So yeah a really shit thing for him to say "Hey all you folks died and your families are grieving but I'm gonna take this opportunity via a natural disaster to promote my daughters new album, that has nothing to do with earthquakes or natural disasters". The guys a jerk, I really don't like his attitude, tacky as fuck. Still must chill out cause I totally believe in KARMA. 

If I went to jail, at least I wouldn't have to sign autographs

I'm so pissed off about her saying "May 1st" that one time, it's given me expectations that I know will probably be diminished 

According to crazy people on twitter Rob 'the evil one' is sending coded messages using the earthquake reading 5.1 as the clue to the date, May 1st. I think he's sick in the head.

If I went to jail, at least I wouldn't have to sign autographs

The aggressiveness in this thread in general is uncomfortable to say the least.

And @@parkin I just read about 10 articles and the biggest concern was that Disney had to shut down its rides. There was a lot of damage but no fatalities, they just think a bigger quake could occur in the near future that could cause deaths. It's ok. Breath.

I don't like Rob but I think that if Lana was my daughter i would do the same rob do! C'mon he is her dad! Every dad want to help his daughter, especially if your daughter is famous and with the new project could be more famous.

Guest Dot

I stopped reading right here.

Actually, I think that he was actually giving us a hint. I mean it's really idk obvious? 5.1 = May 1st. I'm not expecting an album release on May 1st, but rather the release of the lead single on that date. We'll probably have to wait till the end of the tour for the album to be released. A summer release would make much more sense anyway.

UV is going to be amazing and that's because so much could go right with it and I am putting that out in the universe because UV is going to be the real story of redemption. 2014 is going to be Lana's year...especially considering she's a Gemini and our yearly horoscopes say so.

This is going to be the most raw and intense album and I am more than willing to bet my cake that the 7-piece live band is going to make UV come alive, and honestly I'd wager that in recording that way, Lana will be entirely in her element no matter if it's in-studio or live. I really think Lana's finding little shifts occurring in how she identifies with herself as an artist. And UV is going to be a testament to her self-discovery post-fame.

I hope so. I honestly would like it to channel a bit of the rawness Lana belted out on No Kung Fu. The way she delivered Yayo, Jimmy Gnecco, and Put Me in a Movie is unlike anything else she has released throughout her history. She just completely tore my brain from my cranium with that light demo.

There are according to the news in LA, something like 20 dead and up to 90 people still missing. So yeah a really shit thing for him to say "Hey all you folks died and your families are grieving but I'm gonna take this opportunity via a natural disaster to promote my daughters new album, that has nothing to do with earthquakes or natural disasters". The guys a jerk, I really don't like his attitude, tacky as fuck. Still must chill out cause I totally believe in KARMA. 

That was the Washington mudslide that took place in a rural area.  The L.A. quake was unrelated to it and just rattled some things a bit; one car got knocked over by a loose rock.

I read somewhere that the earthquake's magnitude was actually 4.4 (sort of), so 5.1 was supposedly a hint to the release date... I don't know what to think anymore I'm gonna hibernate till this bitch drops the album :defeated:

ZmJh1LG.jpg

I read somewhere that the earthquake's magnitude was actually 4.4 (sort of), so 5.1 was supposedly a hint to the release date... I don't know what to think anymore I'm gonna hibernate till this bitch drops the album :defeated:

There were two recently, a 4.4 on March 17 and 5.1 on March 28

N0XxYmt.jpg

I don't understand anything. Lana is going on tour in 10 days. I think that is the Ultraviolence tour, but it makes no sense. I think that the 11th of April the fans will ask Lana about Ultraviolence... I think that Lana will play a new song this 11th. I am on tenterhooks :judgingu:

21kw7q0.jpg

I don't understand anything. Lana is going on tour in 10 days. I think that is the Ultraviolence tour, but it makes no sense. I think that the 11th of April the fans will ask Lana about Ultraviolence... I think that Lana will play a new song this 11th. I am on tenterhooks :judgingu:

It's not actually. :judgingu: