lflflflflflflflflflf

Ultraviolence - Pre-Release Thread

Do we have any example of "Future Jazz"? I'd be interested to hear how it sounds and if it could possibly be a route Lana could take with this album.

I assume future jazz just means she will create something ground-breaking, like completely dissonant music and mix it with random genres, also she probably will be doing crazy shit with her voice we have never heard her do before. So she probably is just experimenting, I hope.

For example Lana singing a jazz song like this would be amazing:

Some future jazz songs:

Doesn't sound like something Lana would do and also doesn't sound like her and Dan's descriptions.

I just want preface this post by saying that everyone is allowed to enjoy whatever music they want since it is subjective to the individual so with that in mind, I personally would really not be happy if Ultraviolence was filled with songs similar to the ones you posted. And I realize you said those videos don't sound like something Lana would make so I'm hoping you're right.

And for those of you who are fans of future jazz, I mean no disrespect!

29legc9.gif

I highly doubt Lana would go from stripped down, West Coast soft rock to solely jazz-influenced songs with a producer like Dan. She's probably just teasing for future music and using "jazz" as a colloquial term. 

I highly doubt Lana would go from stripped down, West Coast soft rock to solely jazz-influenced songs with a producer like Dan. She's probably just teasing for future music and using "jazz" as a colloquial term. 

She needs to stop and give us something already. Bitch is teasing too much and I'm losing my patience. ~End rant.~ Sorry, I had to get that off my chest.

tumblr_ma0935r5Ds1rbghbvo1_500.gif

I hope there won't be any "jazzy" songs on Ultraviolence - MDM already was my least favorite track from BTD...

Get taste please. MDM is one of her best songs :)

Guys.......Dan is a jazz producer. I mean, he's at The Black Keys but he won a Grammy as producer in his work for Dr John album, a jazz legend. 

She captioned a picture of her future album as "Future Jazz" + she's working with a producer who worked with jazz before: for me it sounds like a hint of what the new record it will sound like.

Guys.......Dan is a jazz producer. I mean, he's at The Black Keys but he won a Grammy as producer in his work for Dr John album, a jazz legend. 

She captioned a picture of her future album as "Future Jazz" + she's working with a producer who worked with jazz before: for me it sounds like a hint of what the new record it will sound like.

But not the kind of jazz that people here are alluding to...it's very rock-inspired.

More blues, blues / rock than jazz. 

More blues, blues / rock than jazz. 

Idk have you listened the songs that @@lola posted? It sounds very "cinematic" and "noir", I could totally imagine Lana doing something like that ( not very different from Kill Kill, if you ask me). But yeah, since he said they recorded with a 7 piece band at studio, I'm hoping for something more blues/rock but future jazz totally fit the description since it's a mix of genres

Idk have you listened the songs that @@lola posted? It sounds very "cinematic" and "noir", I could totally imagine Lana doing something like that ( not very different from Kill Kill, if you ask me). But yeah, since he said they recorded with a 7 piece band at studio, I'm hoping for something more blues/rock but future jazz totally fit the description since it's a mix of genres

Kill Kill definitely fits the rock-inspired blues description. I think UV will be quite reminiscent of that (lyrically as well). 

I guess we will find out, soon  :creep:

Tbh I'm getting kind of nervous about this album just from all the little information that we have.

Unlistenable??? Like what does that even mean. If someone said 'yeah you gotta check this out dude its unlistenable' like who wants that?

The video snippet she posted doesn't exactly show what 'future jazz' might sound like based on the way she was moving, but future jazz could mean anything coming from Lana.

Also with the video snippet, I remember hearing some vague pan flute noises which really scares me.

Idk I'm just extremely skeptical. I love all of Lana's old stuff and I'm glad she's branching out into new genres and all, but I'm afraid I won't like this one.

Edited by BriteLites