lflflflflflflflflflf

Ultraviolence - Pre-Release Thread

So you guys really think she's going to do the beyonce release? Idk it just doesn't seem like Lana..to copy a huge popstar. I guess we will see!

I know she emulates pop stars like Britney Spears, and she listens to a variety of music herself (Eminem, Biggie Smalls, Nirvana, etc) so I wouldn't put it past her. Buuut pulling a Beyonce is more of a marketing tool it seems than anything else, so I'd say it's not to be ruled out, though I also think it is unlikely.

I am a shark,  beware of my bark

Just sitting back and thinking about the fact that Lana is working on Ultraviolence with both Emile & Dan Auerbach of The Black Keys for Ultraviolence makes me realize how rich & deep in sound the album is going to be. & The description "Future Jazz" that Lana posted via Instagram kind of says it all. As well as the fact that Dan Auerbach in an interview with BBC even classified it as a sonic monster.

“It’s a monster. It’s a sonic monster. It’s beautiful. I can’t wait for people to hear it. (…)

[is it that sort of similar kind of widescreen cinematic feel to it?] It does, but even more so, you know I think a lot of her first record was just kind of, you know, was in the box, recorded, but this is a 7-piece band with her singing live in the studioo so there’s some kind of, uh, really magic, magical moments that we got to capture on tape, and, uh, you know, the kind of thing that you just can’t duplicate with, uh, Pro Tools kind of recording, you know what I mean? It’s a different thing for her even though her personality is still definitely there and shines through.”

Can you just imagine having a whole new album out of nowhere? I was excited that Bey dropped hers so suddenly, so I can't even fathom how excited I would be if Lana did the same.

lana has too much pride and too much of an ego to copy beyoncé 

and she's nowhere near as famous so she'll obviously need the marketing 

Dropping the album out of nowhere is great marketing! I think the biggest reason why BEYONCE was so successful is because the listeners had that curiosity factor + she didn't seem so "in your face" as some marketing campaigns seem.

Dropping the album out of nowhere is great marketing! I think the biggest reason why BEYONCE was so successful is because the listeners had that curiosity factor + she didn't seem so "in your face" as some marketing campaigns seem.

but its only marketing if people actually know your name. you could walk up to any person on the street and ask if they heard about the release of "beyoncé" and the answer would be either yes or no

if you asked if they heard about the new lana del rey album, the majority of people would say "who?" or "rly cool and rly interesting" and walk away unfazed 

ZRBNill.jpg

If Lana did the surprise release then it could go either way. Lana doesn't have the star power the Beyonce does, so it would probably work out differently. Could go in her favor, or just go relatively unnoticed. I don't think they'd risk that.

I don't know what I'd prefer more: a surprise single, a surprise EP, or a surprise full-length. I just really want to hear something already, but I'll wait...longingly. Hungrily.

I think the album will have promotions, but I think the first single will be an out-of-nowhere surprise and maybe come with a video already? (there was that mysterious private video on her youtube account, remember?

I think the album will have promotions, but I think the first single will be an out-of-nowhere surprise and maybe come with a video already? (there was that mysterious private video on her youtube account, remember?

That's possible! I don't know about the mysterious private video, though; I think I remember someone saying it was Tropico and it was accessible through the mobile YT app but don't take my word for it because I am not 100% certain but omg #LANADELSPIREYCIES.

Nah I'm thinking genre. This is the same woman who dedicated thought to calling her other albums "surf noir" and "Hollywood sadcore"

What would lyrics in a song called Future Jazz even be?

I agree with Sitar! She always makes up her own little genres to describe her music~ Future Jazz is most likely just how she thinks it sounds. Like when she says the album feels like the West Coast and stuff..

i don't think i contributed at all

tumblr_mmkkluK6l81sp6362o1_500.png" />

Lana only just posted the "Future Jazz" status with the fan-made cover on Facebook. Why do I feel like something is coming at midnight?

Well, you know...I don't mind to wait for an album, that is fine. What I don't understand are all these things that tease us and still no information about a release date. I mean, if the label says idk, Sept 25th or May 17th or whatever, I am okay with it, but this situation is just stupid.

I didn't think the earthquake thing Rob posted was to do with the date?? I thought it was more to do with Rib basically saying how groundbreaking UV was going to be; similar to an earthquake. idk maybe I'm not looking into enough or something but that's what's I took

OAjeWdG.jpg?1