lflflflflflflflflflf

SINGLE: West Coast

Didn't like it on first listen, but now that I'm listening to it with earphones, it sounds better. It'll probably take a few listens to get used to. I mostly hate the effects on her vocals. The 's' sound is way too prominent, the verses sound... altered, and the chorus vocals sound too far back. I do like the "mood" of it. Lana plx release single soon

(omg riff from "And I Love Her" at the beginning of the chorus. Get that Beatles reference Lana)

The Beatles 'I love her' rip is the best bit of the song and the bit at the end reminds me of the guitar/synth riff on Tortoise and Bonnie Prince Billy's cover of Thunder Road.

If I went to jail, at least I wouldn't have to sign autographs

after listening to it a lot I really like it! It's very entrancing and the chorus is just beautiful, it sounds so good. I see why it's compared to Gods & Monsters but it's so much better (it took me like 10 months to get into G&M) 

tumblr_n746y8etXI1qa35sao1_500.gif

when the chorus hits, its like being swept over by a fucking (~coastal) wave. also, the synth at the end is rather ultraviolent

i really love how its divergent from her past releases, but still fitting under the umbrella of "hawaiian glam metal"

FUTURE LEGEND 

ZRBNill.jpg

Lana get to #1 and prove them all wrong. You are LANA DEL REY 

:oprah:  :oprah:  :oprah:  :lanahairflip3:  :lanahairflip3:

after listening to it a lot I really like it! It's very entrancing and the chorus is just beautiful, it sounds so good. I see why it's compared to Gods & Monsters but it's so much better (it took me like 10 months to get into G&M) 

Same! But now I absolutely adore G&M

7338e157b4b318699b988ced0289df17.gif

This track is definitly too produced for my ears, i like it but can't repeat it.

how is this too produced lol 

This track is definitly too produced for my ears, i like it but can't repeat it.

how is this too produced lol 

The oooh ooohs sound almost identical to the ones in this song imo 

Edit: I didn't see that you said the same thing on my status @@comeintomybedroom (sorry  :facepalm: )

I think that's what's doing my head on about it, like I've heard all these little bits before in other really well known songs, that and the really bad tempo changes. I wonder if the Beatles will be suing for royalties :toofunny:

If I went to jail, at least I wouldn't have to sign autographs

I have purchased Lana's newest HIT single West Coast from iTunes! :hooker:

I only had the chance to hear it once this morning on Youtube before heading out to work today. It was stuck in my head all day, as most of Lana's songs are hehe. Then I get home and see it's on iTunes! I tell you one thing, it's a mind trip. And to be a little blunt, excuse my French, bit this song is fuckin' sick, rockin' and groovin'! It's Lana's "sound" for sure, but from a different parallel universe. It's almost if like Connie Francis and The Ventures did a song together while on L.S.D.

Thank you to the fans here on Lana Boards for keeping me up to date with all the little snippets and information! :flutter:

Finally got home and first thing I did was being slayed by this absolutely gorgeous song! Not what I expected at all but I love it so much! I'm ready for UV now. :rock:

P.S. If anybody wants to make me really happy, please send me West Coast in the best quality available. (Of course I'll buy it as soon as possible) Thankies. :cuteface:

lana_takeitoff_notxb4uwe.gif

I like the song as a whole, all these layers of "instruments" plus the echo effect on her voice. 

Try listening to it in full blast while being exhausted and close your eyes. It's tripping.

I just wish I could hear her beautiful voice more distinctly, that's what I love about LDRAKALG. But different is great right? :)

up45I.gif