Sign in to follow this  
Arthur

West Coast most viral track on Facebook, Tumblr, Twitter and Spotify!

good find! I"m excited for what is to come for west coast. Love everything about that song and I'm glad to hear other people have  been looking into it.

god knows I tried

Is Lana considered a "gay icon/artist"?

Lana is a gay goddess, just like many other female artists who flaunt their femininity in such a powerful way. The thing I like about Lana, and what speaks to my gay brain chemistry, is her essence. Her vocal, visual, and the way she portrays her musical image is glamorous, sublime, and there is a maliciousness, a darkness that I find appealing.

Lana is a gay goddess

She's an hetero goddess as well I think ;-)

But I don't look at her as a sexual object, more as an idol

I don't try to find some naked pictures of her for example ahah

But if Lana is a gay goddess, that's great for her, cause gay people are maybe the most devoted fans!

Look at the fans of Madonna for example, they are so devoted to their idol

Lana is a gay goddess, just like many other female artists who flaunt their femininity in such a powerful way. The thing I like about Lana, and what speaks to my gay brain chemistry, is her essence. Her vocal, visual, and the way she portrays her musical image is glamorous, sublime, and there is a maliciousness, a darkness that I find appealing.

I've always been fascinated with female singers and actresses as gay icons. I've read articles online on the topic, but I still can't wrap my head around it. I mean, it's amazing, I just don't fully comprehend why one singer becomes a gay icon and not the other... besides, why female and not male icons? I guess I will never fully understand, no matter how much I read on it, because I'm not a male homosexual person - quite the opposite.

i am nothing and should be everything

I've always been fascinated with female singers and actresses as gay icons. I've read articles online on the topic, but I still can't wrap my head around it. I mean, it's amazing, I just don't fully comprehend why one singer becomes a gay icon and not the other... besides, why female and not male icons? I guess I will never fully understand, no matter how much I read on it, because I'm not a male homosexual person - quite the opposite.

I will only speak for myself. I believe that from birth gay men are attracted to women, just as straight men are. The difference is that our attraction to their femininity does not manifest as sexualization. We are not sexually attracted to them, we do not want to be them per se, but our brains lead us to fawn over their grace, their feminine natures. This sometimes leads to us unconsciously, and sometimes consciously, taking on some of their attributes. Our need to groom ourselves, our need to, some of us, be super thin..etc..etc.

Some women are more feminine than others, hence, why I live for Bey and Lana and not India Arie or Me Shell Ndecellogo ( I spelled her name incorrectly, I know). I cannot relate to straight men and very rarely gay men, especially if they express themselves in a masculine way, hence why I cannot get into most male artists, even when they are iconic. I just have an affinity toward femininity. It does not have to be overt, it does not have to be flamboyant, but it does have to be feminine. Female actresses and singers express their femininity, generally speaking, at the highest form,  and this high form of femininity pulls at gays like flys to a light.

:lanahairflip:

it has this rhythm that just makes me want to sway (literally the only way I can explain what it does to me) 

Yes! Same here, I think the video loop of her swaying adds to it, as well as the "swinging/swaying" lyrics, but every time the chorus is just about to come on, I sway and spin slowly like SNL Lana.

Yes! Same here, I think the video loop of her swaying adds to it, as well as the "swinging/swaying" lyrics, but every time the chorus is just about to come on, I sway and spin slowly like SNL Lana.

:twirls:  :teehee:

you're probs right and, tbch, it's completely uncontrollable at this point! 

tumblr_inline_n72ktprYsx1sehw87.png

I'm gay and always felt like Lana's music spoke right to me. Her song deal with that longing for love, something you can't have, or something you shouldn't but still want. West Coast should go viral, it's one of the best songs she has ever done IMO.

Is Lana considered a "gay icon/artist"?

Well, I'm not gay and I love her

I don't feel the need to relate to her songs, I just like her way of expressing things and the way she sings about such dark topics, for example she manages to tell such tragic stories yet includes lines like 'You fit me better than my favourite sweter' lol

I also like what she represents, her image, her beliefs, that by-gone era she seems to habitate even though she didn't even live it...

She's hot as hell, not gonna deny it, but as somebody said I see her as an idol rather than an object  :delicious:

ZmJh1LG.jpg

I will only speak for myself. I believe that from birth gay men are attracted to women, just as straight men are. The difference is that our attraction to their femininity does not manifest as sexualization. We are not sexually attracted to them, we do not want to be them per se, but our brains lead us to fawn over their grace, their feminine natures. This sometimes leads to us unconsciously, and sometimes consciously, taking on some of their attributes. Our need to groom ourselves, our need to, some of us, be super thin..etc..etc.

Some women are more feminine than others, hence, why I live for Bey and Lana and not India Arie or Me Shell Ndecellogo ( I spelled her name incorrectly, I know). I cannot relate to straight men and very rarely gay men, especially if they express themselves in a masculine way, hence why I cannot get into most male artists, even when they are iconic. I just have an affinity toward femininity. It does not have to be overt, it does not have to be flamboyant, but it does have to be feminine. Female actresses and singers express their femininity, generally speaking, at the highest form,  and this high form of femininity pulls at gays like flys to a light.

Thank You SO much for shading the light on the issue! :kiss: You see, somehow I've always assumed that gay men are not interested in women (even though it doesn't make sense in the context of female gay icons)... maybe because many lesbians reject men and menhood and I assumed that it's the same for gay men? I've always assumed that it's easier to identify with your own gender, but I haven't took into the account that homosexual men are much closer in social hierarchy to women than to idealized heterosexual player... (sorry if it sounds offensive, I only mean that they're minority).

I found your words really fascinating (in a good way). I always want to understand the viewpoints of other people, and you helped me a little bit.

i am nothing and should be everything