Ruben Del Rey

Your Lana Collection

You... You grow out of these things?

I really hope I don't, I always worry the novelty will ware off and maybe I was a bit of an idiot to start collecting flip flop keyrings but I've been collecting them since I was about 7 and it's still going so I think a vinyl collection will be something I'll love forever. I mean I can't imagine I'll ever grow out of Lana and I want to acheive something so I can see myself, 80 years old, still geeking over my collections.

I don't think you're growing up, I think you're becoming normal. :oprah2:

My love and admiration for the artists whose releases I would collect will never go away. However, the intensity with which I madly collected everything over the course of the past ten years, spending thousands of euros on that, has faded. When I started collecting, I was - as I see now - filling some void and I didn't know exactly what it was that was being replaced. Music, or art in general, has given me so much more in its pure essence other than its physical manifestations. This probably sounds extremely ridiculous, but that's the way I feel about all of that. 

At some point, I did only collect for the sake of collecting, and not because I was fundamentally enjoying it. I enjoyed the music, but my OCD mind kind of tricked me into having all those things complete. I can now say that after meeting one of my idols who has helped trough... well, quite some really dark times, all this focusing on material things is nothing but gone. I have grown up, but I have not grown out of my passion which is nothing but music. I got rid of all those little distractions around the simple enjoyment of music, though.

I will not sell any of what I've collected through the years, among that are a couple of rarities that are sold for ridiculously high prices on eBay that make me shake my head. 

And trust me, I am far away from being normal, nor will I ever get there - ever. 

My love and admiration for the artists whose releases I would collect will never go away. However, the intensity with which I madly collected everything over the course of the past ten years, spending thousands of euros on that, has faded. When I started collecting, I was - as I see now - filling some void and I didn't know exactly what it was that was being replaced. Music, or art in general, has given me so much more in its pure essence other than its physical manifestations. This probably sounds extremely ridiculous, but that's the way I feel about all of that. 

At some point, I did only collect for the sake of collecting, and not because I was fundamentally enjoying it. I enjoyed the music, but my OCD mind kind of tricked me into having all those things complete. I can now say that after meeting one of my idols who has helped trough... well, quite some really dark times, all this focusing on material things is nothing but gone. I have grown up, but I have not grown out of my passion which is nothing but music. I got rid of all those little distractions around the simple enjoyment of music, though.

I will not sell any of what I've collected through the years, among that are a couple of rarities that are sold for ridiculously high prices on eBay that make me shake my head. 

And trust me, I am far away from being normal, nor will I ever get there - ever. 

I see what you mean, I'm very much a completist - if I get a couple of parts of a collection, I have to finish it off even if I'm not so bothered about what it actually is. Although even when I'm caught up in it all I feel sick watching every penny being wasted.

tumblr_inline_mpf5hqIjBE1ruk3rs.gif

Whaa... Whaa... Whaa.... HOW?? I'm jealous, that is amazing!

Before she went to the Brits, I waited outside her hotel and so that she didn't have to sign and could take pictures with people + a present because we'd been waiting there all day, she signed about 30 or so Box-sets and gave them out for free to fans. Barrie gave me mine. It was a beautiful act.  :flutter:  :icant:

tumblr_mucs0g8rNl1skf1lro1_250.gif

Before she went to the Brits, I waited outside her hotel and so that she didn't have to sign and could take pictures with people + a present because we'd been waiting there all day, she signed about 30 or so Box-sets and gave them out for free to fans. Barrie gave me mine. It was a beautiful act.  :flutter:  :icant:

That is so amazing! :)

That must've been such a beautiful moment. But seriously? I'm dead jealous, I bought my box set and I didn't even get mine signed and held in the hand of Lana and Barrie as well as getting to meet them. 

You're so lucky though, this is a good example of how spending a life time stalking Lana can actually pay off but we're never actually going to know who K is, are we?

is this s sick fucking joke

I have had THE WORST DAY EVER so i thought I would Spend laods of money online after COUNTLESS ateempts of resetting my paypal paswsword and entering it correctly - TO WHICH IT STILL DOE SNOT WORK

NOW it says that dark paradise single on grooves inc is OUT OF STOCK and I am NOT HAPPY WITH MY LIFE

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

That must've been such a beautiful moment. But seriously? I'm dead jealous, I bought my box set and I didn't even get mine signed and held in the hand of Lana and Barrie as well as getting to meet them. 

You're so lucky though, this is a good example of how spending a life time stalking Lana can actually pay off but we're never actually going to know who K is, are we?

she even signed the boxsets in her hotel room before she came out. they've been in her hotel room.  :defeated:

she even signed the boxsets in her hotel room before she came out. they've been in her hotel room.  :defeated:

Oh my God. Your boxset has such a close reationship with Lana. It's shared a hotel room with her and has probably even seen her pepsi pussy. Do you realise this? :defeated:

Oh my God. Your boxset has such a close reationship with Lana. It's shared a hotel room with her and has probably even seen her pepsi pussy. Do you realise this?  :defeated:

OH MY GOD WHAT IF SHE SIGNED THEM IN HER ROOM IN HER BRA AND PANTIES :wat: . fan girling hardcore right now.  :defeated:  :hawt:  :icant:  :horror:  :derpna2:  :eek:  :oh:  :bodyisready:  :crying:  :oprah2:  :oprah:  :airplease:

OH MY GOD WHAT IF SHE SIGNED THEM IN HER ROOM IN HER BRA AND PANTIES :wat: . fan girling hardcore right now.  :defeated:  :hawt:  :icant:  :horror:  :derpna2:  :eek:  :oh:  :bodyisready:  :crying:  :oprah2:  :oprah:  :airplease:

You're pushing it now :judgingu: . You may be fangirling over whatever beautiful thing Lana was doing whilst signing you free box set and I'm looking for the nearest window to thow mine out of  :judgingu2: i still love mine tbh