Sitar

VIDEO PREMIERE: Shades of Cool

This video is basically re-used ideas and concepts from her old BTD videos. Nothing new or creative. I actually still don't even know what the video was about? The visuals were really pretty but that's it. Would never in a million years call this Lana's best video  :dafuq:

Anyway, I hope her next video stays with this budget. 

Yeah, after watching again, the daddy definitely killed Lana, possibly hid the body in his trunk, and now he's consistently haunted by her, both physically and in his memory.

It's the same guy as West Coast, so I'm just gonna play it like a sequel. 

The video starts with a shot of his sad eyes, fading into a shot of him driving alone in the car, where before, they were together (In the West Coast video).

As Lana starts singing, his expression turns to determination, and then you see the brake lights on the car, meaning he's stopping. Possibly to dispose of the body into the river or something, I don't know.

Now idk if Lana's more bitter about not getting a proper burial or getting killed by her lover, but possibly not coincidentally, this is when Lana first shows herself as a ghostly image, stemmed from betrayal, basically telling the story herself, "When he calls, he calls for me, and not for you." It's from that moment on that Lana slips into a dangerous state of posthumous denial. She says to herself as she drops her head "He loves his drugs", but then raises it again on "he loves his baby too", which is sort of like saying "I know he still loves me. I know he still loves me."

He spends the rest of his life forever haunted by her; she fuckin' knows that it's killing him inside, and she loves it. When he's sadly walking down the street, there's the image of Lana smoking a cigarette in the background as she sings "I can't fix him, can't make him better" (in my interpretation, sarcastically) because it's obviously his fault he's in these "shades of blue".  he fucked up and (most likely) shot Lana, and she's then decided that he's gonna spend the rest of his life feeling like shit about it.Then her ghostly image fades in again, as she takes a tongue-in-cheek vaguely sexy pose on "I can't do nothing about his strange weather", like a "oh baby sorry but you fucked up" kinda thing. Like, she physically grabs her lip and rolls her eyes, like a "yeah, right" kind of look.

From then on, her ghost is in control of everything. She spawns all the images in his head and all around her. She sings the chorus with fireworks in the background, pretty sure cause that's just what Lana Del Rey does.  But, when her ghost goes away, you see a shot of Mark sitting alone in the dark, then an image of a bullet firing appears to the side of him, as the background switches from fireworks to shooting stars. (there could be a pun in "shooting a star", but I'm probably reading too deeply).

After that's over, the second verse begins, and this is where Lana decides to fuck with him even further. She goes back in time to when he killed her and then decided he had to leave. yes, time travel isn't very Lana Del Rey, but bear with me. SO, she's walking down the street and her expression turns sour, as the shot pans to Mark closing the trunk. Then, seeing as Lana's totally dead rn, Mark looks up in  total disbelief as he thinks he sees Lana walking down the street. His face just says "WHAT THE FUCK" all the way through. The next image is of flowers bc Lana Del Rey, but also explosions and bullets. She's tryna make him insane, is what I'm getting at, yo.

And then of course, he still gets in the car, as she says "But I can't help him, can't make him better" as her ghostly image looks down, watching the car drive away. Basically, the next chorus is Lana's ghost formulating the plan to really fuck with his head, and what follows is the execution (no pun intended).

He sits by a pool window, and Lana ethereally swims past him, which grabs his full attention. There's a shot of Lana putting her hands together as if in prayer, then he crosses himself, as if to say "Dear god make it stop" or something. He won't admit to his regret yet, so Lana says "your heart is unbreakable", like it's a challenge, like "we'll just see about that."

What then follows is a sequence of memories of them together, her dancing in her Coachella dress, them embracing, all interspersed with her swimming across the pool. My interpretation is that she brings on those memories as she swims closer, like waves to the shore. She also is teasing him by doing various sexual actions, like eating a strawberry, smoking a cigarette, and her swimming shots, you can see that her expression isn't happy, her eyes have bloodlust in them. When she finally surfaces, it's an innocent and happy face he sees, and he's once again completely enamored with her. But then, the catch is, Lana's ghost then turns around and fades away, like she knows her work is done. He pensively sits by the pool window again, waiting for her to swim by. But no Lana shows, so he goes back to the memory of them together. His sad eyes driving down the road again, and the video ends in the memory.

That's when Lana knows she's done it, and she's driven him insane with guilt and regret.

Basically, it's a "you fucked up and now youre gonna pay" story.

Or, I could be entirely wrong, that's what threads are for. 

What's everyone else's interpretation?

X----into me, into you----X

Its good! I love how she used MANY MANY vintage items in the video. Sorta giving it a ''collage'' feel. 

I love how suddenly she ends up on the streets of ''Miami? or ''Coney Island''? IDK;

BUT It feels very Blue Jeans to me. Except the model got much older and the video is in colour.

I love it still though! I just wished she would have chilled out on the effects. We are pleased with just seeing your beautiful face Lana :3

I just wish she'd ditch that old guy & bring back the model.

Do you think she did it that way to say basically she is ending the Born to die trilogy?

Its good! I love how she used MANY MANY vintage items in the video. Sorta giving it a ''collage'' feel. 

I'd stop using that red font if I were you!!!!

X----into me, into you----X

It's brilliant. Whole video looks so good and fresh. It's so creative, I love it. The visuals are great (especially during the chorus), pool scenes are arleady iconic. I'm overwhelmed. :defeated:  

This is how I feel about it. Exactly, how I feel. It is just such a FRESH video.

I love how suddenly she ends up on the streets of ''Miami? or ''Coney Island''? IDK;

BUT It feels very Blue Jeans to me. Except the model got much older and the video is in colour.

I love it still though! I just wished she would have chilled out on the effects. We are pleased with just seeing your beautiful face Lana :3

I just wish she'd ditch that old guy & bring back the model.

Do you think she did it that way to say basically she is ending the Born to die trilogy?

I like Mark a.k.a the UV daddy very much tbh. I feel also she has moved on from the model Bradley bc he belongs to the BTD era hence why at the end of the WC vid we see him dead. It seems to me she uses diffrent daddies/guys for each era and I like it tbh.

tumblr_oizsprgz5s1ux9njjo1_400.gif?w=371                                                                

Anyone noticed a quality drop during the bridge? It's suddenly pixelated when she dances and the daddy watches her...

And I hate there's almost 4 seconds of the song missing in the beginning, ugh

ZmJh1LG.jpg

I get a sort of Disney princess feel from the scenes of Lana in the simple, belted, white walking dress. Even the way she is emoting reminds me of Aurora from the iconic Sleeping Beauty. Yes, Lana, clasp your throat, sell the garment, sell your femininity and the elegant pain you feel due to your love living in his shades of blue. So sensual.

And get into the red lip she is serving in the pool, to seem like cherries in the spring. Black Beauty reference for those who truly get into the Mother.

Yeah, after watching again, the daddy definitely killed Lana, possibly hid the body in his trunk, and now he's consistently haunted by her, both physically and in his memory.

The video starts with a shot of his sad eyes, fading into a shot of him driving alone in the car, where before, they were together (In the West Coast video).

As Lana starts singing, his expression turns to determination, and then you see the brake lights on the car, meaning he's stopping. Possibly to dispose of the body into the river or something, I don't know.

Now idk if Lana's more bitter about not getting a proper burial or getting killed by her lover, but possibly not coincidentally, this is when Lana first shows herself as a ghostly image, stemmed from betrayal, basically telling the story herself, "When he calls, he calls for me, and not for you." It's from that moment on that Lana slips into a dangerous state of posthumous denial. She says to herself as she drops her head "He loves his drugs", but then raises it again on "he loves his baby too", which is sort of like saying "I know he still loves me. I know he still loves me."

He spends the rest of his life forever haunted by her; she fuckin' knows that it's killing him inside, and she loves it. When he's sadly walking down the street, there's the image of Lana smoking a cigarette in the background as she sings "I can't fix him, can't make him better" (in my interpretation, sarcastically) because it's obviously his fault he's in these "shades of blue".  he fucked up and (most likely) shot Lana, and she's then decided that he's gonna spend the rest of his life feeling like shit about it.Then her ghostly image fades in again, as she takes a tongue-in-cheek vaguely sexy pose on "I can't do nothing about his strange weather", like a "oh baby sorry but you fucked up" kinda thing. Like, she physically grabs her lip and rolls her eyes, like a "yeah, right" kind of look.

From then on, her ghost is in control of everything. She spawns all the images in his head and all around her. She sings the chorus with fireworks in the background, pretty sure cause that's just what Lana Del Rey does.  But, when her ghost goes away, you see a shot of Mark sitting alone in the dark, then an image of a bullet firing appears to the side of him, as the background switches from fireworks to shooting stars. (there could be a pun in "shooting a star", but I'm probably reading too deeply).

After that's over, the second verse begins, and this is where Lana decides to fuck with him even further. She goes back in time to when he killed her and then decided he had to leave. yes, time travel isn't very Lana Del Rey, but bear with me. SO, she's walking down the street and her expression turns sour, as the shot pans to Mark closing the trunk. Then, seeing as Lana's totally dead rn, Mark looks up in  total disbelief as he thinks he sees Lana walking down the street. His face just says "WHAT THE FUCK" all the way through. The next image is of flowers bc Lana Del Rey, but also explosions and bullets. She's tryna make him insane, is what I'm getting at, yo.

And then of course, he still gets in the car, as she says "But I can't help him, can't make him better" as her ghostly image looks down, watching the car drive away. Basically, the next chorus is Lana's ghost formulating the plan to really fuck with his head, and what follows is the execution (no pun intended).

He sits by a pool window, and Lana ethereally swims past him, which grabs his full attention. There's a shot of Lana putting her hands together as if in prayer, then he crosses himself, as if to say "Dear god make it stop" or something. He won't admit to his regret yet, so Lana says "your heart is unbreakable", like it's a challenge, like "we'll just see about that."

What then follows is a sequence of memories of them together, her dancing in her Coachella dress, them embracing, all interspersed with her swimming across the pool. My interpretation is that she brings on those memories as she swims closer, like waves to the shore. She also is teasing him by doing various sexual actions, like eating a strawberry, smoking a cigarette, and her swimming shots, you can see that her expression isn't happy, her eyes have bloodlust in them. When she finally surfaces, it's an innocent and happy face he sees, and he's once again completely enamored with her. But then, the catch is, Lana's ghost then turns around and fades away, like she knows her work is done. He pensively sits by the pool window again, waiting for her to swim by. But no Lana shows, so he goes back to the memory of them together. His sad eyes driving down the road again, and the video ends in the memory.

That's when Lana knows she's done it, and she's driven him insane with guilt and regret.

The Other Woman: "He calls for me, and not for you . . ."

"Cruising down Santa Monica Boulevard

Does it light up the spark?

Do you remember my name?

Is she a Ride or Die Bitch?

Does she know I'm tattooed onto your heart?

You can try to fight it.

I have left my mark on you

There is nothing you can do...

When you think you're over me

And your bad baby is dead and gone

Remember I'm the ghost in your machine

I'm your real life suicide blonde.

You're in love, you're in love,

You're in love

Well she might be here, might be hot

But baby she's not me."

Saw this comment on YT and it made perfect sense:

tumblr_n7dlwxdM6j1qdrboqo1_1280.jpg

The entire video is actually in the time span of the bridge scene and what we see after is what's in his head.

The guy is driving thinking about Lana (like a flash back memory while your driving alone at night)... And the end of the video, it's back to the bridge scene.

The entire video is actually in the time span of the bridge scene and what we see after is what's in his head.

The guy is driving thinking about Lana (like a flash back memory while your driving alone at night)... And the end of the video, it's back to the bridge scene.

It makes perfect sense since near the end we can see the daddy by the pool window and it's empty, meaning there's nobody swimming... that's why he makes the cross sign when he thinks he sees her

ZmJh1LG.jpg

I get a sort of Disney princess feel from the scenes of Lana in the simple, belted, white walking dress. Even the way she is emoting reminds me of Aurora from the iconic Sleeping Beauty. Yes, Lana, clasp your throat, sell the garment, sell your femininity and the elegant pain you feel due to your love living in his shades of blue. So sensual.

And get into the red lip she is serving in the pool, to seem like cherries in the spring. Black Beauty reference for those who truly get into the Mother.

Yessss

I seriously wonder what it's like for a straight person to watch the pool scenes

I seriously wonder how you can stay gay

In a sense, I agree. He repressed ("killed") the soul in him but she wants to come back to surface. He is also reminded of her in his women.

Watching all our friends fall in and out of Old Paul's, this is my idea of fun