Sign in to follow this  
silhouettes

Singles from UV

So the singles that have been released preceding the album's release are just promotions for the album. I don't think they are legitimate singles for the album, because normally they span out for a year.

So I wanted to make a post on what you think the official singles from the album will be.

I think West Coast, Shades of Cool, Brooklyn Baby, Ultraviolence and Black Beauty. 5 singles.

Black Beauty is unlikely, since its a Bonus Track.

SoC and Brooklyn Baby have been promotional singles, like Off To The Races and Carmen, so I would also consider them unlikely plus they are very long songs.

I would say Ultraviolence, it's "classic Lana" and radio-friendly, perhaps the radio version would not feature the spoken part. Another good one would be Money Power Glory. It has this radio friendly beat, radio friendly lyrics, a radio friendly atmosphere.The radio-version would probably not feature the wave-sound-intro and the word "bitch" could be censored (but I don't think so, since Lilys last single wasn't censored and itunes does not list MPG as explict). The last option I could see would be Pretty When You Cry. Seems kind-of-radio friendly for me (you know, compared to the average Lana Del Rey song) and she seems to shoot a musicvideo for it.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

Summertime Sadness (Cedric Gervais  Remix) is a single even though it's a bonus track  :troll:

But Summertime Sadness is not a bonus track sooooo

And i don't want Black beauty to be raped into a remix .... xD

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

But Summertime Sadness is not a bonus track sooooo

And i don't want Black beauty to be raped into a remix .... xD

is that rly necessary

florida kilos as a single would be interesting to say the least

Sweeping scents and blue hydrangea. Summer hail and summer stranger.

West Coast

Shades of Cool (Promo Single)

Brooklyn Baby (Promo Single)

Ultraviolence 

Money Power Glory + Old Money (German Single) 

Cruel World

Sad Girl

Pretty When You Cry

Fucked My Way Up To The Top

qqAZ3mU.png

Well if you want to have this beautiful song made into a "blablablablablablababla black beauty *dumdumdumdum* ah-aha-hahaaa -ahaha-haaa" track ....

I'm pretty sure she was talking about your choice of words

Guest Dot

Just because they were used as part of the promo countdown for UV, doesn't mean that Brooklyn Baby, Ultraviolence & Shades of Cool cannot be singles anymore. Interscope did the same thing for Gaga's Fame Monster EP in 2008/2009. Alejandro, Telephone & Dance in the Dark were all promo singles before the got released as singles.

My choices for the next singles would be:

1. West Coast

Shades of Cool (Promo Single)

Ultraviolence (Promo Single)

2. Brooklyn Baby - this song charted at #38 on US iTunes and imo is the most radio-friendly song of the album. Plus, it's a summer jam. Laid back, chill and uplifting. Did anyone notice the fact, that we haven't heard anything about a video for this yet? I'm pretty sure they're saving it for the single release. :hooker: #delusionalKevin

3. Money Power Glory - catchy chorus and melody. Very BTD Lana...not a fan fav but definitely one of the songs that's easier to get into.

4. Black Beauty - Being a bonus track shouldn't keep this song from being a single. It's already quite popular in it's demo version and has the potential to become one of her biggest hits with the new production. It's also quite radio-friendly and has some of her best lyrics.

Florida Kilos could work as a single too, but I think it would be too much of a departure from what she was going for for this era.