Sitar

Lana Del Rey Defends Herself Against 'The Guardian' Controversy

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/06/15/arts/music/lana-del-rey-still-stirs-things-up-with-ultraviolence.html

She agrees that her videos have often been “exploring ways to die,” she said, adding: “I love the idea that it’ll all be over. It’s just a relief, really. I’m scared to die, but I want to die.”

if anything it guilt-tripped reviewers into giving her better scores

I think she's just upset because she speaks complexly and not literally there was a miscommunication someplace and what was a deep interview about the beauty of dead icons and the mysteries of death.....got turned into a suicide cry that's why she's claiming it was manipulated the quotes in the interview sound like her speaking but its all in the tone and context we should all just be happy she's not crying for help and showing her back bone!

Ciggeretes and RoboTusin will i ever get to Heaven

LanaBoards @ · 46 s

- @timjonze "She can't stop talking about dying." I'm sure you'd be happy to post the .mp3 recording of the interview if that were the case.

Lanaboards twitter you are going to embarrass us. Because you damn know Lana has said it. :toofunny:

LB Twitter is always embarrassing.

I don't get why she felt she needed to defend the article though- the only hateful things I saw in response to her articles were commenters. Even the LA Times started acting like children saying "look, look- we gave her an outstanding review". If anything, that interview helped at least in terms of critics.. Can someone elaborate? Maybe my mind's still clouded from how amazing 'Pretty When You Cry' is.. 

30bd193.jpg

If she knew the name "Alexis" that means she's actually reading Ultraviolence reviews  :hdu:

They were mostly good. If I were Lana I wouldnt open that 30 ones. No need to be sourrounded by the hatred of persons you dont even personally know.

I honestly think this was taken out of context. 

Lana was probaly talking about dead icons and she was like "oohshdihish i wish i was dead" maybe not in a suicidal way but in a I wish i was a glamours dead icon kind of way