Sign in to follow this  
TheFakeGos

Old Money + Gatsby

"Old Money" has been haunting me since the first listen.  And the more I listened, the more I was playing flims in my head.  Finally, I realized that Old Money and Gatsby are made for each other.  I combed through the entired film Wednesday and I think the video really captures the feelings I get.

Please let me know what you think! :) 

Ever since I heard the title I thought of great gatsby bc that's an adjective they use for the people that have "classic" money aka old money and not new money. She also references y&b in the bad of my head I thought maybe she was supposed to use this song instead of young and beautiful for the soundtrack but kept it for herself. I love it so much my favorite off the album.

god knows I tried

Fantastic, I always thought of these scenes when hearing Old Money. The only thing missing is when Daisy got her pearls ripped off, that would've tied it together more.

uM2mzZZ.gifhoDhUSz.png?1

I loved the Tom/Myrtile parts in the first half of the video, those were really nicely edited.

Also when the lyrics go..."If you call I come" and there was the shot of Daisy watching the oldschool telephone, I felt that was a really nice touch :kiss:

I personally think it would have been better in color, but it did give a moody vibe to the pictures this way.

Thank you so much! Yes, there are definitely two of us now haha 

I wanted to make something like this! So glad I wasn't the only one who thought the song fit The Great Gatsby so perfectly. Loved it + good job + your blog is very entertaining

I really didn't want to just make it about Jay and Daisy, but the entire web and the consequences. 

Thank you! I'm partial to the first "girl you used to call" that has Tom screaming.  I'm glad that the little details are appreciated, it starts to feel like it's all in your head when you're editing!  As far as the color goes, I wanted to remove it a bit from the film was and force attention to the faces. 

I loved the Tom/Myrtile parts in the first half of the video, those were really nicely edited.

Also when the lyrics go..."If you call I come" and there was the shot of Daisy watching the oldschool telephone, I felt that was a really nice touch :kiss:

I personally think it would have been better in color, but it did give a moody vibe to the pictures this way.

I really didn't want to just make it about Jay and Daisy, but the entire web and the consequences. 

Thank you! I'm partial to the first "girl you used to call" that has Tom screaming.  I'm glad that the little details are appreciated, it starts to feel like it's all in your head when you're editing!  As far as the color goes, I wanted to remove it a bit from the film was and force attention to the faces. 

I like that idea. Plus, Isla Fischer is so pretty it was good to see her in the video :smile2: 

Since I used to do things like these I notice the details a bit more easily, It's like a treasure hunt for beauty so to speak ^^