CherryGalore

Lana Del Rey and Intertextuality

Woodkid: Run Boy Run (Money, Power, Glory)

:heart:  :heart:  :heart:

The Beatles: Harvey's (Lucy) in the sky with diamonds

also "Lucys in the sky with ice tonight" from Television Heaven

its funny cause she fucks up the reference both times

John Derek actually

I think it was Jim morrison who came up with that infamous quote tbh...

tumblr_oizsprgz5s1ux9njjo1_400.gif?w=371                                                                

Samuel Johnson: "He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man."

"Man who makes a beast out of himself got nothing to lose" - Tired of Singing The Blues

2e3305e04f62d04f5ceac132b86f8629.550x248

Awesome :cuteface:

Lou Reed: "Come take a walk on the wild side" (Born To Die)

Bryan Adams: Cruel World: "You're young, you're wild, you're free" // Heaven: "We were young and wild and free".

Funkadelic: "Feet don't fail me now" (Born To Die/One Nation Under A Groove)

Phil Collins: "I can feel it coming in the air tonight" (Guns and Roses)

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png

Tom Petty - Oh my, my oh hell yes, honey put on that party dress ("Mary Jane's Last Dance")

"Honey, put on that party dress" - "American"

Marilyn Monroe - Diamonds are a girl's best friends (Diamonds are my bestest friends - "The Body Electric")

Guns N' Roses - Sweet child of mine ("Bel Air")

also "Lucys in the sky with ice tonight" from Television Heaven

its funny cause she fucks up the reference both times

I don't necessarily think she messed up, it just sounds better with er saying ice instead of diamonds tbh.

uM2mzZZ.gifhoDhUSz.png?1

I don't necessarily think she messed up, it just sounds better with er saying ice instead of diamonds tbh.

she did mess it up because its meant to be Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds, the drug LSD

The Who: Talkin' 'bout my generation // Talking about my generation (Brooklyn Baby)

she did mess it up because its meant to be Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds, the drug LSD

I'm sure she knows the original quote and its meaning but just wants to reference it. (It's another discussion, but John was very adamant that it was a coincidence, crediting Sean with the quote based on a drawing he made.)

Gosh, there are so many  :O

Elvis: "In blue suede shoes, but it was a cover for all of the trouble..." (Hollywood's Dead)

btw I don't think I'm on fire is that of an intertextuality, I mean, it's not like Bruce invented it, it's a common phrase... also bad to the bone is a popular expression, so to say it's from Thorogood's song is somewhat far-fetched, idk

ZmJh1LG.jpg