Trash Magic

Lana Del Rey covers Rolling Stone August 2014

I really don't blame her for having second thoughts during the interview. It's the same old bullshit. Seriously the EXACT SAME. And I get it's their job but it makes them seem like dicks quoting all that.

I'm not sure what Lana's mindset was with Rolling Stone. I would guess apprehensive excitement? They gave Ultraviolence a pretty good review, ask her to be on the cover which is a huge deal... sounds like a good gig..... and then BAM! Hit with the same idiotic questions.

"I feel like maybe we should wait until there's something good to talk about." :(

Seems like it's ome of this interwievs where they just WANTED her to say stupid things, and asked provocing questions until they got their headlines like "I don't want them to hear it" ...

And yeah, I guess "Sad Girl" just offers the lyrics the press wanted in order to describe her ...

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

In that preview Rolling Stone makes her look insecure and unable to put together a clever answer. Can't see that 'baddest diva' anywhere.  :facepalm:

I don't want them to hear it and think about it. It's none of their business!

I don't what think about this, yeah it's autobiographical but so are most of the records of every singer, she has to talk about her past and why did she choose those lyrics, not dreadfully avoiding the answer... She gives interviews feeling doubtful of her own words and sometimes I wish she wasn't that honest. 

2wn4whw.png

On how she wants people to hear lyrics like "he hurt me and it felt like true love": "I just don't want them to hear it at all," she says. "I'm very selfish. I make everything for me, kind of. I mean, every little thing, down to the guitar and the drums. It's just for me… I don't want them to hear it and think about it. It's none of their business!"

:pray:

I really hope we get a poster of this cover, whenever I want there to be a poster of a cover they don't make one. 

karma drawn up in lines / baby it's a freebie you sure look deprived

The pictures look divine  :flutter: 

I haven’t read the interview yet, but I know it’s going to be a mess!

Anyway, can’t wait to buy this edition, I don’t think I’ve bought RS since 1998 (I feel so old)!

I’m gonna take them for all that they got.

What kind of a fucking interview was this? :uh:

Are they being serious with this bullshit, like fuck off with the confrontational questions and focusing on everything bad thats been said and put out there about her :bye:

It’s not really surprising though, especially where Lana is concerned. Journalists (and I’m using the word very lightly here  :teehee:) are always going to try to bait and hook their subject, especially if they can come up with a juicy headline  :smh: . Add to the fact that RS is interviewing her. I feel like the only reason they put her on the cover is so they can boost their sales, not because they actually enjoy her music (even if they begrudgingly accepted Ultraviolence).

Well, the german RS interwiev was very positive ^^

The German and European critics/journalists are generally more positive and open-minded of Lana and her music, though. The US media in contrast is less forgiving as we all know by now, at least when it comes to Lana.

The German and European critics/journalists are generally more positive and open-minded of Lana and her music, though. The US media in contrast is less forgiving as we all know by now, at least when it comes to Lana.

The US critic were more positive this time with Lana than the Europe ones. 

Well fuck. This reporter sure spent a lot of time scooping around the internet but mainly this forum because I actually gasped at the part where he brought up the whole "infamous" teacher/student relationship Lana was supposedly had going on with that dude + the pro ana lyrics which I think have been discussed here before and the part where he mentioned the fwuttt possibly being about Lorde which I really think is fucked up to put that in an article that's going to be read by so many people and start drama, where people might actually credit Rolling Stone and say that's it's somehow confirmed ugh.  Especially when it's basically one of the dumbest and most reaching theories I've heard.

Also I was honestly going to say this interview is amazing and so informative to people who don't really have a lot of knowledge about Lana other than her music but then It was ruined by that ending....? ugh. Mess.

I don't know if I should be annoyed with Lana for being unprofessional and dramatic or that reporter for actually including that in the article like wtf did she really leave that bad of an impression on you? Because it really does seem like he just added that last part about her slamming the door in his face as some sort of dramatic conclusion in some cheap soap opera that's probably never happened irl but is supposed to leave some sort of impact on you. Yikes. Lana never seems to get it right with these interviews at all....i feel bad for her.

I think Lana's just really volatile when it comes to interviews. She so clearly just wants to be left alone but I think she definitely wants to get her story across but she just doesn't know how to phrase it and it makes her frustrated when journalists focus on the same shit.