Sign in to follow this  
Pretend

Moxiie

cWDkVfW.jpg

Since the release of her debut - Jungle PoP EP, MoXiiE has been on the journey from underground to center stage. Her debut single "Dancing In Dirt" landed on MTV's Buzzworthy and Moxiie has been on a relentless mission ever since.

UK's own Popjustice featured her new single "Anyway" which was produced by Reo of The Soundkillers and placed Moxiie in its "new favorite popstar territory".

Afropunk, Earmilk, StupidDope, and The 405 all describe the rising star as one to watch.

This unsigned Haitian-American, Brooklyn born artist has performed all over NYC to packed venues in Midtown like XL to intimate lower east side haunts like the legendary Arlene's Grocery, Bowery Electric and The Delancey - to name a few.

A songwriter first, Moxiie spent sleepless nights in studios honing her craft and has emerged as a risk taker and a dynamic songwriter. "I started partying when I was 12, so I've seen it all. I kinda burned out on the scene early. It's fun sometimes, but I have an addictive personality & it's gotten me into trouble. I just prefer to put that energy into my music."

Anyway is a good song! Her album was not easy to find, gonna listen later. Can someone send me ScandiRara EP?

Edit: Now that I see, I found the 11 track version. According to Wikipedia, there's a 17 track version. And there's nothing on her Soundcloud anymore. -_-

I'll upload a masterpost tomorrow  :hooker:

Loving the instrumental, but the girl is seriously annoying... And her visuals don't quite fit her. Like, I dunno how to express it... It's like I don't feel she's being honest. I feel she's really overdoing it. Like, I dunno... 

"Hai I want to be a freak"

Thanks for the love you guys! It means so much to artists to feel understood on any level or even a little appreciated.

Excited about this new era of music.  

Fun Facts: I write my songs and sometimes I even have input on the actual production.  I also wrote my own video treatment for this video. My friend made the horns headpiece for me. I created the story & storyboards. I think what you mean when you compare me to other artists is those are the ones you can think of that would take the risks I took in not making a twerkathon or typical pop with some 5,6,7,8. I'm guessing the wigs and my brown skin did me in.

If you really look at it, it's not like either of them.

I love comparisons, it helps people accept you and finally see you (eventually).  Initially people compared Gaga to Christina (which now is so absurd). The suggestion that I'm not being myself is what didn't sit with me. I'm so thoroughly myself, that because I don't fall in line with general expectations of what certain kinds of women should be doing, I guess it's "annoying" to a certain kind of audience. I spent 2 months planning, paid for everything and shot with a great dedicated team for 12 hours....yeah I guess I am doing "overdoing it".  

Nonetheless I'm really grateful for anyone who takes the time to watch, listen, share or care at all...even if it's not your cup of tea.

I guess the reason I'm responding is to say I have been writing since I was a kid....and releasing my own music since 2011.

As for the hair, I actually worked with Azaleas hairstylist 3 years ago - and she actually asked me about the grey hair (which I used to color myself). Exact words: "Ok this hair, let's discuss." So I knew that was gonna happen ;).

Not that any of that matters. 

A lot of up and coming artists are mined for ideas by the majors' teams/associates. Kinda the way Maluca Mala did the cans in hair look that Gaga sported AFTER the fact. 

That's just the game, and all we can do is keep going.

Ultimately there's room for everyone and I fully respect anyone who tries to tackle this crazy business, ESPECIALLY women like Azalea and Gaga.

I could've just shot a video with me in a desert like space making sex-faces, or just dressed in something really tight and hit some choreo for the kids - but I wanted to use my brain and life experience - to challenge myself, because I was bored with the ideas of not going for my true vision for this song. Maybe down the line I'll be too exhausted to think, and I'll give a semi-status quo visual but on some level still I'll over do it or it'll be so understated people will hate it for that. Lol

I'm 98.9% sure I won't come back to check this because I made a pact with myself not to. lol 

Again, thank you. Seriously. <3

xoxo

Thanks for the love you guys! It means so much to artists to feel understood on any level or even a little appreciated.

Excited about this new era of music.  

Fun Facts: I write my songs and sometimes I even have input on the actual production.  I also wrote my own video treatment for this video. My friend made the horns headpiece for me. I created the story & storyboards. I think what you mean when you compare me to other artists is those are the ones you can think of that would take the risks I took in not making a twerkathon or typical pop with some 5,6,7,8. I'm guessing the wigs and my brown skin did me in.

If you really look at it, it's not like either of them.

I love comparisons, it helps people accept you and finally see you (eventually).  Initially people compared Gaga to Christina (which now is so absurd). The suggestion that I'm not being myself is what didn't sit with me. I'm so thoroughly myself, that because I don't fall in line with general expectations of what certain kinds of women should be doing, I guess it's "annoying" to a certain kind of audience. I spent 2 months planning, paid for everything and shot with a great dedicated team for 12 hours....yeah I guess I am doing "overdoing it".  

Nonetheless I'm really grateful for anyone who takes the time to watch, listen, share or care at all...even if it's not your cup of tea.

I guess the reason I'm responding is to say I have been writing since I was a kid....and releasing my own music since 2011.

As for the hair, I actually worked with Azaleas hairstylist 3 years ago - and she actually asked me about the grey hair (which I used to color myself). Exact words: "Ok this hair, let's discuss." So I knew that was gonna happen ;).

Not that any of that matters. 

A lot of up and coming artists are mined for ideas by the majors' teams/associates. Kinda the way Maluca Mala did the cans in hair look that Gaga sported AFTER the fact. 

That's just the game, and all we can do is keep going.

Ultimately there's room for everyone and I fully respect anyone who tries to tackle this crazy business, ESPECIALLY women like Azalea and Gaga.

I could've just shot a video with me in a desert like space making sex-faces, or just dressed in something really tight and hit some choreo for the kids - but I wanted to use my brain and life experience - to challenge myself, because I was bored with the ideas of not going for my true vision for this song. Maybe down the line I'll be too exhausted to think, and I'll give a semi-status quo visual but on some level still I'll over do it or it'll be so understated people will hate it for that. Lol

I'm 98.9% sure I won't come back to check this because I made a pact with myself not to. lol 

Again, thank you. Seriously. <3

xoxo

If you ever get remotely famous I will remember the time you made an account on this site and posted such a long post haha.

It's actually very genuine of you to write this way on a fairly small/irrelevant music forum. Good for you for not being too good to reply to people and communicate with fans. I appreciate it.

Jungle Pop EP

junglefjehm.jpg

​1. Welcome to the Jungle Intro

2. Dancing in Dirt

3. Animal

4. Next Stop Interlude

5. Buzz

6. Bottle Service (Jungle Reo-mix)

7. Platinum P

8. Our World Outro

9. Dancing in Dirt (Video Edit)

Jungle Pop: The Remixes

junglereixclda6.jpg

1. Dancing in Dirt (Hustle Standard Remix)

2. Dancing in Dirt (KAVEDO Remix)

3. Dancing in Dirt (Discmann & Sixtraxx Remix)

4. Buzz (Peter Wade Remix)

5. Buzz (Fredro Remix)

6. Buzz (LCR Remix)

7. Animal (Sharma Remix)

8. Animal (the Fluu Remix)

9. Ra Ra (GREATeclectic Remix)

10. Bottle Service (Viking Club Mix)

11. Buzz (feat. Imani Rose)

12. Ra Ra (Timmy B Remix)

Savage

savagelsitt.jpg

1. Savage Intro