dirkdabo

Lana to perform at Hollywood Forever Cemetery in Los Angeles Oct 17 and 18

I'm glad she didn't sing Carmen on Friday night.  I've never liked that song.  All of the songs she sang on Friday were ones I like, although "Cruel World," "Cola," "Ultraviolence," and "Million Dollar Man" aren't in my regular Lana playlist.

Anyone have the set list from Saturday?  I'm curious as to whether she substituted "Shades of Cool" in place of another song, or just added it to the list.

They didn't record Friday, so Saturday must have been special.  Did you mean she seemed nervous the entire time, or just during "Shades of Cool?"

on Shades of Cool

does someone know if they're recording the shows for something? I can't remember seeing that kind of camera equipment (like the crane) at any other show lana did (except festivals of course)

I think they're making a Lana Del Rey live movie? There were a lot of cameras and Chuck was taking pictures/videos of the people in the front row.

tumblr_nir4q4a8RT1u4ss0ao1_500.png

The web site Popbytes.com has a set list from Saturday, October 18.  There were a few differences, mostly in song order.  She apparently did "Shades of Cool" in place of "Ride," and shifted stuff around a bit.  Here's a side-by-side comparison.  I know Friday's set list is correct, but I don't know if Saturday's is.

Friday - Saturday

Cruel World - Cruel World
Cola - Cola
Body Electric - Blue Jeans
Blue Jeans - Body Electric
West Coast - West Coast
Born to Die - Born to Die
Ultraviolence - Ultraviolence
Old Money - Old Money
Summertime Sadness - Shades of Cool
Million Dollar Man - Video Games
Video Games - Summertime Sadness
Ride - Million Dollar Man
National Anthem - National Anthem

Anyone notice Byron's (the pianist) reaction?  The guy shouts out just before Byron hits that high "Plink," then he turns and has this big grin... apparently, he thought it was funny, too. :)  Wish the clip was longer, though...

Ugh! I've been having the worst PCD! I've cried like 10 times since Friday.

PCD?  Post-Concert Depression?  I feel ya.  Despite enjoying the concert on Friday, I was bumming out on the way home and most of Saturday since I didn't get my selfie with Lana.  But I'm hoping at the gates, they'll tell me... errr, I mean, I'm hoping there will be another opportunity in the future.

Yes! I also hope there'll be more opportunities in the future. I was fine Friday, and then it's been really hard since Saturday. Were you in the front row? I was the third row back on the left side in front of the stairs. I didn't realize how close I was at the time, so I think that's part of it.

Ugh! I've been having the worst PCD! I've cried like 10 times since Friday.

I hear you. I went to both shows and have been feeling so empty inside now that it is over.

I can't wait to see her perform again soon.

Yes! I also hope there'll be more opportunities in the future. I was fine Friday, and then it's been really hard since Saturday. Were you in the front row? I was the third row back on the left side in front of the stairs. I didn't realize how close I was at the time, so I think that's part of it.

We actually were in the front, but wayyy off to the stage left side, almost to where the security guard was.  Unfortunately, both times that Lana came down off the stage, she didn't get anywhere near where we were.  It was a lousy viewing angle, too, and the sound was bad.  My wife had to move away because it was hurting her ears.  (They apparently turned the sound down later, at Lana's request.)  I stayed up a little longer, then went back to join her, went back and forth a couple of times (good timing, since I was back up front to record "Old Money"), and then we both went back up front during "National Anthem," but that's when she (for the second time) came down and only went a little bit to each side.  Unless we'd been practically in the center, we would never have gotten close to her.

I hear you. I went to both shows and have been feeling so empty inside now that it is over.

You're having the double-whammy, since you went twice.

I can't wait to see her perform again soon.

Me too! I hope she comes to San Diego sometime. While I loved the concert, my wife was kinda "ehhh" about it, and I highly doubt she'd want to drive with me all the way to LA again to see another one.

How do you reply to a post???

There's a button at the bottom right that says 'Quote' - click on that. Sometimes it doesn't work first time, so try it again, or reload the page and try again  :)

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png

It still won't work

There's a button at the bottom right that says 'Quote' - click on that. Sometimes it doesn't work first time, so try it again, or reload the page and try again  :)

Okay. Never mind. I was using Internet Explorer and I switched to Google Chrome and now it's working. Thanks! :-)

We actually were in the front, but wayyy off to the stage left side, almost to where the security guard was.  Unfortunately, both times that Lana came down off the stage, she didn't get anywhere near where we were.  It was a lousy viewing angle, too, and the sound was bad.  My wife had to move away because it was hurting her ears.  (They apparently turned the sound down later, at Lana's request.)  I stayed up a little longer, then went back to join her, went back and forth a couple of times (good timing, since I was back up front to record "Old Money"), and then we both went back up front during "National Anthem," but that's when she (for the second time) came down and only went a little bit to each side.  Unless we'd been practically in the center, we would never have gotten close to her.

My mom and sister came w/me. My mom ended up moving towards the picnic people when Lana came out and people started pushing forward. My sister stayed w/me and we tried pushing towards the front because I couldn't see anything (I'm only 5'3")! I was crying at that point because I couldn't see Lana. :( I ended up having to pretty much watch from my phone, which is part of what's making my PCD worse. My sister and I were pushed and shoved and bent, so we've been sore since the concert. I had peoples' armpits and hair in my face, got my boobs elbowed several times, and my sister got groped by a drunk creeper. It was loud and people were screaming in our ears. And the smell of marijuana, alcohol, and perfume was disgusting. But in the end it was all worth it, for the most part, and I would do it all over again, but differently.

My mom and sister came w/me. My mom ended up moving towards the picnic people when Lana came out and people started pushing forward. My sister stayed w/me and we tried pushing towards the front because I couldn't see anything (I'm only 5'3")! I was crying at that point because I couldn't see Lana. :( I ended up having to pretty much watch from my phone, which is part of what's making my PCD worse. My sister and I were pushed and shoved and bent, so we've been sore since the concert. I had peoples' armpits and hair in my face, got my boobs elbowed several times, and my sister got groped by a drunk creeper. It was loud and people were screaming in our ears. And the smell of marijuana, alcohol, and perfume was disgusting. But in the end it was all worth it, for the most part, and I would do it all over again, but differently.

Oh gosh, sorry to hear about that. Since we were off to the side, we were in front but no one was behind us, so we didn't have that problem. When Lana was at the front of the stage, I could see, but if she moved back, then there was a pillar blocking the view. And since she does move around a lot, it made it kind of lame. But at least we could hear well... too well!

And yeah, there were definitely people getting "high on hydroponic[?] weed;" I could smell it.

I wish I could've been there Saturday to hear "Lana, sit on my face!" and see her reaction in person.

I had heard leading up to this that LDR concerts are rather crazy, and now I'm getting confirmation. I'm 6'1" and would've been OK in the front, if only I could've gotten there...

It'd be great if she still did small venues, like music stores and that kind of thing, like she used to. I would totally have driven up to LA to see her at the Amoeba, if I'd been a fan back then.

Oh gosh, sorry to hear about that. Since we were off to the side, we were in front but no one was behind us, so we didn't have that problem. When Lana was at the front of the stage, I could see, but if she moved back, then there was a pillar blocking the view. And since she does move around a lot, it made it kind of lame. But at least we could hear well... too well!

And yeah, there were definitely people getting "high on hydroponic[?] weed;" I could smell it.

I wish I could've been there Saturday to hear "Lana, sit on my face!" and see her reaction in person.

I had heard leading up to this that LDR concerts are rather crazy, and now I'm getting confirmation. I'm 6'1" and would've been OK in the front, if only I could've gotten there...

It'd be great if she still did small venues, like music stores and that kind of thing, like she used to. I would totally have driven up to LA to see her at the Amoeba, if I'd been a fan back then.

We had 3 different groups around us smoking (weed) and drinking (alcohol) straight from the bottle. The smell was disgusting. 

totally wish I would've been there Saturday to hear that too! 

I also heard that her concerts were crazy before I went, so I wasn't too surprised. It was just annoying. And you are so, so, so lucky that you are that tall!!! I got to the lawn around 6:45-ish, so I wasn't super early but I wasn't late either. 

I also wish that she did smaller venues. I know that Hollywood Forever was considered small compared to where she's been playing recently. I also heard that the Friday concert was "calm" compared to her others.

I wish that she did small venues for the quiet, more respectful fans, and have there be no smoking or drinking.

We had 3 different groups around us smoking (weed) and drinking (alcohol) straight from the bottle. The smell was disgusting. 

totally wish I would've been there Saturday to hear that too! 

I also heard that her concerts were crazy before I went, so I wasn't too surprised. It was just annoying. And you are so, so, so lucky that you are that tall!!! I got to the lawn around 6:45-ish, so I wasn't super early but I wasn't late either. 

I also wish that she did smaller venues. I know that Hollywood Forever was considered small compared to where she's been playing recently. I also heard that the Friday concert was "calm" compared to her others.

I wish that she did small venues for the quiet, more respectful fans, and have there be no smoking or drinking.

Well I don't know if it's better, but it's definitely a great song

I am surprised at how many people criticized it in this thread, I mean come on it's a standard BTD song with all the Lana trademarks on it. Just listen to this flawless performance. It's something different

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWmW16r5dsQ

i never cared for carmen until i heard this performance. actually, if any of you haven't heard the whole set, GO LISTEN NOW. it's magical. 

does anyone have a vid of the full cruel world?? sorry if i missed it.

let me be who i'm meant to be