ilovetati

Honeymoon - Pre-Release and Discussion Thread

Honestly, I'm guessing her team hasn't learned anything and that she'll premier the song on the may 7th date of the Endless Summer Tour, and drop the video for west coast the morning after. Basically the same as west coast x coachella. Things are just lining them selves up and points to the tour reveal, video shoot right before tour, honeymoon being finished, etc. But i don't really care if she gets good promo for the era, i mean lana probably doesn't give a fuck either. Fans that obsess over charts and sells bug the hell out of me, just because your fav sold more does not mean they are instantly amazing, it mostly means they're generic and bland.

Yes, but just because someone sells more, doesnt instantly make it generic and bland. It just means more people prefer it.. :)

Yes, but just because someone sells more, doesnt instantly make it generic and bland. It just means more people prefer it.. :)

I don't want promo either. Yes, it means more people prefer it, but most of those people doesnt know anything about music or composition. That's why I loved her take on Ultraviolence She didn't care a shit about charts, reviews or promotion, I'm happy she doesn't want to be a mainstream Pop singer, I don't want my favorite artist to like everybody, and I don't want everybody to like her. I know that's what she wants, I'm sure she hates Charts, Popularity and that kind of bullshit. Its all good for her money and label, but is it the same for her art???

I don't want promo either. Yes, it means more people prefer it, but most of those people doesnt know anything about music or composition. That's why I loved her take on Ultraviolence She didn't care a shit about charts, reviews or promotion, I'm happy she doesn't want to be a mainstream Pop singer, I don't want my favorite artist to like everybody, and I don't want everybody to like her. I know that's what she wants, I'm sure she hates Charts, Popularity and that kind of bullshit. Its all good for her money and label, but is it the same for her art???

srry but i think u need 2 stop being so pretentious about chart music smh....

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

byeeeeeeee, nobody is here for another boring era without radio performances, or even a tv perf here and there. The music is not enough, it all gets old real quick if we dont get anything besides videos, and if they arent great then more boring

And bye at the chart music mess, it does define trash music often but theres still dome good music that charts

Yeah, even though I like that Lana makes music for the artistry rather than the charts, it would be really nice to have a few radio and TV performances and interviews. Hell...even Mazzy Star performed on more talk shows than Lana back in the 90s. And why shouldn't good music be able to chart as well? Lana needs to have some success to keep touring and creating the HQ music videos we love. 

And isn't "fame" and popularity a vehicle for artists to create what they want? Without her popularity, she won't be able to put out music, and all of you crying about no promo won't get no music  :hooker:

I mean, I as a fan want her to be successful. When I am @work, I wanna hear her on the radio, I wanna see her giving interviews and being present.

I mean, it's natural that I want these things since I am a fan and I wanna see my girl showcasing her music. 

And charting high is needed these days. Long gone are days where you could chart low and sell lots despite of it.

Hell, Nicki was almost No.20 last week on BB200 and she roughly sold 5k.

No success means pretty much the end. 

tumblr_mhtur7QIAJ1qauamwo1_500.gif

Lana's main problem was her reluctance to perform her music. Let face it, this is the mother of all of her problems but I'm not optimistic tbh. I hope the tour will go well for her and maybe she'll be confident enough to do some live TV

tumblr_mhtur7QIAJ1qauamwo1_500.gif

LMFAOOOO 

Lana's main problem was her reluctance to perform her music. Let face it, this is the mother of all of her problems but I'm not optimistic tbh. I hope the tour will go well for her and maybe she'll be confident enough to do some live TV

Yeah, she just didnt want to perform her music anywhere, she cancelled all her promo like lol. I mean i do think she's afraid of it and i understand but she's the one that wanted to be mainstream and went to a big label. 

I allowed that excuse for her during the BTD era, when things were still new for her, but not for Ultraviolence. She has so much more confidence, she really needs to put herself out more for Honeymoon.

Do we know if she has a mental illness though? Having several myself, I relate to some situations she has been in. Don't get me wrong, it doesn't excuse shitty behaviours at all, I probably would be immensely pissed if she cancelled on me without valid reason, but it at least explain. I recall her mentioning that doctors haven't been able to diagnose her or something like that. I always wonder what's the part of truth and the part of romance. Is she really sick, or does she like to think she is, for marketing or artistic reasons, etc? I know it's a question long debated, and I do believe she's genuine, but after reading the Rolling Stones interview on here Dublin's Video Games performance, and after hearing in the Versailles interview that she first and foremost does things for herself, I am strongly concerned with what direction she's heading. On one hand I immensely enjoy her music and would love her to make some until I die, and the other hand I lover her to death and want her happiness before everything. Unfortunately, I'm not quite sure these two notions are compatible these days. 

ZKcaooE.png

Homegirl just needs to make up her mind about where she wanna go with her career and just act after that decision tbh  :smokes3:

This is the riddle of HM isn't it? Why coming out so soon after UV with another album? Possible answers:

1. She wants a new shot to mainstream stardom. She chickened out from performing properly UV because she went "to far". She get embarrassed by her own lyrics (UV, FMWTT). Partially I can include her tour in this scenario but she also needs some good videos and live performances on tv. HM will be syrupy, there will not be any controversy in it, a rather boring afair with some potential hits. 

2. She wants to get out from her contract with Interscope because she wants to be an alt queen, being random and fully integrated in some artistic community. This would explain the UV promo fiasco,  the iphone video, her friction with her label regarding UV and generally her I don't give a fuck atitude wich ended in random interviews and show cancellations. I expect a good and uncompromising album if this becomes true but brace yourself to more randomness.

3. Something in the middle. She is maneuvered by the hyenas around her: the Mawson gang which wants to cash in from her tour and her label which wants to cash in from her commercial potential that she has left. She has no clear ideas going forward with her music: alt vs. mainstream. I would hate this because it would result in a subpar album with no hits, little promo, with minimal involvement from her label and would end up like Tropico tbh.

Do we know if she has a mental illness though? Having several myself, I relate to some situations she has been in. Don't get me wrong, it doesn't excuse shitty behaviours at all, I probably would be immensely pissed if she cancelled on me without valid reason, but it at least explain. I recall her mentioning that doctors haven't been able to diagnose her or something like that. I always wonder what's the part of truth and the part of romance. Is she really sick, or does she like to think she is, for marketing or artistic reasons, etc? I know it's a question long debated, and I do believe she's genuine, but after reading the Rolling Stones interview on here Dublin's Video Games performance, and after hearing in the Versailles interview that she first and foremost does things for herself, I am strongly concerned with what direction she's heading. On one hand I immensely enjoy her music and would love her to make some until I die, and the other hand I lover her to death and want her happiness before everything. Unfortunately, I'm not quite sure these two notions are compatible these days. 

Maybe? maybe from stress, but if she has something she needs to addresses it imo

I definitely believe that her issues may be rooted in generalized and/or social anxiety or dysthymia (more or less mild, chronic depression); no one will ever really know. But I've always been confused when she says how she's more comfortable as a songwriter and recording artist versus being a performer, but then she'll turn around and say that she's a "road dog" and loves touring.

Sometimes I think she's just awkward and uncomfortable around people, which is reasonable. I just don't see why it would be impossible to buckle-down and make decisions regarding when to perform, how many performances to put on, etc. That's why I'm kind of hopeful regarding the tour, because it seems concise and less all over the place like the Paradise tour was.