ilovetati

Honeymoon - Pre-Release and Discussion Thread

You Lana?

It's unlikely, since her little speech about how she just wanted to perform them. However, it would be great and maybe we'll really get them as Deluxe/Target/Itunes exclusive tracks. Or at least some songs with a similar sound.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

I really do think that old songs coming back for Honeymoon would kind of be awesome. Not a whole album of them, but a few keys ones. (Pawn Shop Blues tbh)  I actually really think if Lana released "Driving In Cars With Boys" as a single right now with a really  good video it would actually do significantly well. The production might be tweaked a little or something, but I could see that getting a lot of media attention because of it's unique retro sound (that isn't over saturating the market at the moment) and because I think a lot of reviewers would be shocked by the songs upbeat sound and the lighthearted lyrical content. It's actually fun and I could easily see it really pulling on Lana's "nostalgic" aesthetic but also pushing it forward to this really colorful, happy place that she seems to have hinted at with Honeymoon. Idk... I was just thinking about that today.

Side note: I always thought DICWB should have been on Born to Die and that the deluxe should have been Lolita (the original demo), Driving in Cars with Boys, and Lucky Ones (listen to those songs in a row and it's perfect) 

Am I the only one who just wants 12 original new well written songs with a coherent and unique style like Ultraviolence? I love her unreleased music but I would much rather prefer new music.

fullsizeoutput-3494.png

Am I the only one who just wants 12 original new well written songs with a coherent and unique style like Ultraviolence? I love her unreleased music but I would much rather prefer new music.

Agreed. I also like the idea of a cohesive album with tracks stemming from the same source of inspiration.

Nah, not the only one. And I definitely would be overjoyed for that. No doubt about it. I'm just saying- there are some songs I'd love to see her do, maybe for my own validation? Like I would love to see that she still loves them as much as I do? Pawn Shop Blues I think is one of her most well-written, lyrical songs. Like, for me, it's on the level of a Chelsea Hotel or The Other Woman. So I just think she should show the world that she can write like that, you know? Idk. Just my thoughts. 

I guess it comes down to the fact that some of the old unreleased stuff is so high caliber and offers such a great diversity of her as a songwriter and singer and some fans would love to see her do something with those stronger pieces of material because there's so much potential there.

But I'd be equally happy with all new songs, definitely. I'd love to see that happen. I'm very excited for WHATEVER she does and I'm down for the ride and I can't wait to hear her talk about it and hear where she is in her life at the moment with these new songs. 

When she released ultraviolence and did the interviews that talked about the album, I related to SO much that she was going through. I was also incredibly sick with a mysterious illness and feeling very insecure about the path my life was taking. I just related to so much of what she said. And I'm excited to do that with this album and see if her and I are on the same page about some things these days still. If  that makes sense? It sounds weird, but... I guess there are some people who know what I mean. 

same