ilovetati

Honeymoon - Pre-Release and Discussion Thread

She really needs to promote. A lot fans have been saying this but nothing has happened.

We can only wish and dream that she would one day dress "well" again (glamorously and actually cares of how she looks instead of dressing like a soccer mom every time there's a new pic of her).

Go on stage and perform her new songs and talk passionately about it on various televised programs. Do funny skits on live TV plus do cameos in various TV shows. Go on an international promo campaign visiting various radio stations ACROSS the globe and give interviews about the album as well as do live radio performances.

Do a mini concert series all over the GLOBE just for the launch of the album not full tour just mini concerts. Have a listening party where fans are invited to listen to the album in advance before release date across the globe to regenerate more hype.

This is how most artists launch their album. Lana just have a YouTube upload and call it a day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epRMpS5lk2I

give it a try gurl! it's an indie pop masterpiece and it'll slay lives!

Why do I feel like this was filmed on some office worker's break?

*dancing in the file room*

"Hot like the tropics, hot like the tropics"

"Ms. Elizabeth, where are those memos I asked you to distribute?"

"Oh right here sir, I was just stretching to get them."

armozo0.jpg

Emilie Autumn has a song called Shalott based on the poem.

Collab confirmed. :hawt:

She really needs to promote. A lot fans have been saying this but nothing has happened.

We can only wish and dream that she would one day dress "well" again (glamorously and actually cares of how she looks instead of dressing like a soccer mom every time there's a new pic of her).

Go on stage and perform her new songs and talk passionately about it on various televised programs. Do funny skits on live TV plus do cameos in various TV shows. Go on an international promo campaign visiting various radio stations ACROSS the globe and give interviews about the album as well as do live radio performances.

Do a mini concert series all over the GLOBE just for the launch of the album not full tour just mini concerts. Have a listening party where fans are invited to listen to the album in advance before release date across the globe to regenerate more hype.

This is how most artists launch their album. Lana just have a YouTube upload and call it a day.

doing skits may not be her thing but i do really want her to connect more with her fans....

i mean... we just want more than an instagram pic or a youtube vid... 

(and don't even mention that she doesn't even tweet or use Facebook like she used to)

giphy.gif

She better have some sexual references in those songs again, I need to slut drop to some sex music   :hooker:

Freak is what you are looking for.

She already said it's a sexy song. It's probably not the only one

So, a lot of you have probably preordered both vinyl covers already... I was going to preorder from her US store, and then from Urban Outfitters, but the total cost was about $97.

Well, her UK store just added the other cover, so now they have both versions. The total cost for both vinyls is only about $63 USD! Huge difference!

(The CD box set; however, is more expensive on the UK store.)

https://store.universalmusic.com/lanadelrey/

utwU6cX.gif

I don't know promo, but it seems a very subjective thing. She's not like Taylor, but she's not like Chelsea Wolfe either. I could say she is mid-range, but this ignores the fact that her promo tactics are unusual and many of them are not obviously intended. Things just happen to her, and you cannot buy (or sell?) that kind of promotion. So she has a trendy actor as a thrallish admirer and chronicler, an inveterate rock pioneer as a social critic, photographs with Kanye and some music mogul, Eminem using her name in a lyric, and the Weeknd featuring and praising her. The Endless Summer tour was brilliant promo imo (both her youtube performances and her choice of tourmates). She also has inveterate music producers stanning for her. People thirst for her, and the most banal media exposure is savored as a tantalizing glimpse and echoed all over the internet. She is photographed both on the streets of LA and at a royal wedding in Monaco (wearing sandals and mostly her legs, a feminist symbol if ever there was one, imo). Now we are starting a phase of sensational photoshoots. Both Time and Rollingstone have just forefronted her as a fall release to anticipate. Let's just see what the album is. Finally, with all the minimal intentional promotion she does, I was glad to see UV re-enter Billboard 200 at 196. It's not that great but it's something (and it's the 53rd week UV charted).

Lana is truly like Leonard Cohen both prior to his retirement and his more recent and others like Lana

He does almost nothing to command attention, yet gets attention every time he pops up somewhere. Every once in a blue moon he does an interview or tv, almost always reluctantly

BTW- I would predict that next up Lana will surprise again however, more likely the next release will be some sort of greatest hits  (redundant for the fans unless there are lots of

unreleased songs included but normally she is already well over due for that) or a live album release possibly using all the different songs she sang on her tours (a two or three disk set?)

Followed by some sort of new music shortly after that.

(and still hoping for an out of the blue Christmas single in true Lana style).

Wish people would stop comparing her to other run of the mill superstars or wannabees going for #1 songs.

One day will post a thread comparing Lana to the people she should be compared to, and show how single chart wise, she already has done more/better than almost all those people

and the correct comparison for Lana is not with other female singers, who she already towers over, but with the historic male singers of the past that are considered icons.

(for instance, Lana has better single chart status already lifetime in the USA than Kate Bush, Amy Winehouse and Joni Mitchell, and Leonard Cohen never hit the singles charts

and only recently obtained a high chart album.

More on that at another time in another thread.

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

Lana is truly like Leonard Cohen both prior to his retirement and his more recent and others like Lana

He does almost nothing to command attention, yet gets attention every time he pops up somewhere. Every once in a blue moon he does an interview or tv, almost always reluctantly

BTW- I would predict that next up Lana will surprise again however, more likely the next release will be some sort of greatest hits (redundant for the fans unless there are lots of

unreleased songs included but normally she is already well over due for that) or a live album release possibly using all the different songs she sang on her tours (a two or three disk set?)

Followed by some sort of new music shortly after that.

(and still hoping for an out of the blue Christmas single in true Lana style).

Wish people would stop comparing her to other run of the mill superstars or wannabees going for #1 songs.

One day will post a thread comparing Lana to the people she should be compared to, and show how single chart wise, she already has done more/better than almost all those people

and the correct comparison for Lana is not with other female singers, who she already towers over, but with the historic male singers of the past that are considered icons.

(for instance, Lana has better single chart status already lifetime in the USA than Kate Bush, Amy Winehouse and Joni Mitchell, and Leonard Cohen never hit the singles charts

and only recently obtained a high chart album.

More on that at another time in another thread.

Ok